What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
I had a mate who seen McGregor on the news again making foolish comments he said. My friend asked is this guy seriously your coach he’s banging on about JDB again. Asked me isn’t he fit a trial in October cause the season will be over for you guys by then. I said the season was over last year when they announced this brain dead person as our coach for another 2 years. He actually said I feel for you guys I use to love going to watch dragons with you cause of those supporters.

Well said.
Any coach who includes a banned player with no defined court date to return to the nrl, whilst also still needing nrl clearance, who hasn’t play a game for a year and a half, into the top 30 player list.....is totally brain dead.

McGregor has totally lost the plot.

BLM01

First Grade
Well said.
Any coach who includes a banned player with no defined court date to return to the nrl, whilst also still needing nrl clearance, who hasn’t play a game for a year and a half, into the top 30 player list.....is totally brain dead.

This would be a club decision.
And if JDB is free to play after pending court appearance in June?..who knows...
that decision wont look too bad in hindsight...as it is one they could not make in June...it had to be named now.

LINESPEED

Juniors
Well said.

Well yes the brain dead bit is now a notorious part of Dragons’ DNA
... & has drifted now into NRL folklore

As Ryan Webb
On Day 33

must be holding his breath & wondering what moronic utterance will spew forth from Andrew’s Waterboy when he next abuses a microphone

BTW Ryan, how’s the financial case against The Waterboy’s retention coming along?

“The choice to keep de Belin came at the expense of a number of the Dragons' development players, including boom centre Shaun Sauni-Esau.”

Well of course how convenient

..... we can’t tolerate potential threats to The Loved One’s centre position (as per his 6 year history of protection)

... and McAitken is no doubt the “quality centre” alluded to in Mc113’s drivel to the SMH

.... as he softens us up for Turnstile’s predicted return at No4 for Rd 3

PS
Wonder if Parramatta would’ve considered having Hayne train on with them?

...& Ws
We know who ain’t the sharpest McTool in The Shed

Last edited:

Warabrook saint

Juniors
Well yes the brain dead bit is now a notorious part of Dragons’ DNA
... & has drifted now into NRL folklore

As Ryan Webb
On Day 33

must be holding his breath & wondering what moronic utterance will spew forth from Andrew’s Waterboy when he next abuses a microphone

BTW Ryan, how’s the financial case against The Waterboy’s retention coming along?

“The choice to keep de Belin came at the expense of a number of the Dragons' development players, including boom centre Shaun Sauni-Esau.”

Well of course how convenient

..... we can’t tolerate potential threats to The Loved One’s centre position (as per his 6 year history of protection)

... and McAitken is no doubt the “quality centre” alluded to in Mc113’s drivel to the SMH

.... as he softens us up for Turnstile’s predicted return at No4 for Rd 3

PS
Wonder if Parramatta would’ve considered having Hayne train on with them?

...& Ws
We know who ain’t the sharpest McTool in The Shed
Like someone posted on here a while back........we are one dumb club

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
This would be a club decision.
And if JDB is free to play after pending court appearance in June?..who knows...
that decision wont look too bad in hindsight...as it is one they could not make in June...it had to be named now.

Still think it reeks of desperation from McGregor and gives him a ‘get out clause’ if we fail miserably.

To me, it seems so long winded, so many if’s and but’s. Surely one would cut their losses and move on and pick a ‘ready to go’ players.

Anyway, just my two bobs worth.

LINESPEED

Juniors
How a whole football club can be hanging on the edge of their seat waiting for DeBelin to return from legal obscurity, is beyond me.
Any decent coach would have already deployed contingencies and had the playing group totally focused on playing the best football they can.

Well said.

The Club is currently a study in stupidity

Three things there DP:

* The Club or team has never been “whole” under his fractured tenure
.... it’s a divide & rule scenario
- the province of insecure dictators
.....a trait that will gel well with Murphy’s Law (ask The Cats)

* “contingencies” is a polysyllabic word way beyond the cognitive processing of Andrew’s Waterboy

* He also has no concept of ‘best’ football or practices, as mediocrity is his forte & comfort space
- or of how to focus his OWN thoughts beyond cascading non sequiturs

.... let alone focusing a team
on coherent strategies

.... & a cohesion that prevents choking & the disabling effects of mateship-driven favouritisms
that run through the Club top to bottom

.. and ‘bottom’ is where we are in every respect ATM
Andrew

Last edited:

qld redvee

Juniors
Precisely.

So you have to ask the question .... If we have read this in the media and we presume JDB wont be available WHAT information have the dragons got that suggests it will be all over in June and JDB will be cleared to play ??? Arent we ( club) going to look right fools ( oh wait we already do) if the case is indeed shuffled back like we all expect .. Who will then be "accountable" for once again making JDB a essential part of the team ???? Still wonder at why JDB MUST be included in all club training sessions etc I realise its a :wellbeing" thing BUT he could be on Zoom like the players who have had to be excluded from our squad due to lockdown .. we have a duty of care for JDB BUT for the betterment of the club he should be excluded from top 30 .... And surely JDB would understand as he is still being paid . daily meetings with welfare etc for his mental state but to be interacting with players at training and game day ?? must put a strain on the playing group .. Its just a ready made excuse for the second year in a row .......

BLM01

First Grade
Still think it reeks of desperation from McGregor and gives him a ‘get out clause’ if we fail miserably.

To me, it seems so long winded, so many if’s and but’s. Surely one would cut their losses and move on and pick a ‘ready to go’ players.

How can they cut their losses. He is on contract to play when available and whom have we left out that should be in the 30..SSE..maybe..but a fit JDB raring to go if allowed. I know what i would rather.
What happens from 2021..well if again JDB is innocent then it is up to the club and him and who is at the club whether he plays again with us...but I am not thinking only about this year ATM

BLM01

First Grade
The June court date is only another 'legal arguments' hearing, as far as I know. The continuing Covid-19 restrictions and the already clogged court lists will push the actual trial date well into next year, especially as it will be presumably a jury trial.
Presumably of course it gets to a trial!...is that your presumption.?

merahputih

Juniors
So you have to ask the question .... If we have read this in the media and we presume JDB wont be available WHAT information have the dragons got that suggests it will be all over in June and JDB will be cleared to play ??? Arent we ( club) going to look right fools ( oh wait we already do) if the case is indeed shuffled back like we all expect .. Who will then be "accountable" for once again making JDB a essential part of the team ???? Still wonder at why JDB MUST be included in all club training sessions etc I realise its a :wellbeing" thing BUT he could be on Zoom like the players who have had to be excluded from our squad due to lockdown .. we have a duty of care for JDB BUT for the betterment of the club he should be excluded from top 30 .... And surely JDB would understand as he is still being paid . daily meetings with welfare etc for his mental state but to be interacting with players at training and game day ?? must put a strain on the playing group .. Its just a ready made excuse for the second year in a row .......
The only thing I can think of is that the Players' Association is supposed to have made representations recently to the NRL to lift the ban on JDB playing. I've heard nothing since and wonder if there is something in the pipeline that has given McFail & Co. the confidence to make this move.

Jdb deserves to play.

I revisited some of Beatty’s speeches about him and my impression is that they imply guilt when that’s clearly not resolved.

He’s suing the telegraph for describing his involvement as “ a disputable act” or words to that effect.

He’s entitled to the presumption of innocence.

Other than that, the spearing of three development players on the hope of at best, a handful of games by a player who hasn’t played a full game for almost two seasons, whose contract is up, it’s a very very serious error of judgment.

Its not in the clubs best interests and is not commercial in any way. It’s illustrative of how selfish and decrepit your management has become.

Where’s Webby in all this?!

Last edited:

getsmarty

Immortal
How can they cut their losses. He is on contract to play when available and whom have we left out that should be in the 30..SSE..maybe..but a fit JDB raring to go if allowed. I know what i would rather.
What happens from 2021..well if again JDB is innocent then it is up to the club and him and who is at the club whether he plays again with us...but I am not thinking only about this year ATM

Correct...he is still under contract and in our Top 30...

LINESPEED

Juniors

His unbridled support of JDB and his bevy of rescue dog journeymen give him a political support base that protects The Shed & ‘holds the fort’ so to speak

....guaranteed drinking mates for later years
....in his Park Footy world of carton diplomacy.

Juniors never fitted into that world

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Jdb deserves to play.

I revisited some of Beatty’s speeches about him and my impression is that they imply guilt when that’s clearly not resolved.

He’s suing the telegraph for describing his involvement as “ a disputable act” or words to that effect.

He’s entitled to the presumption of innocence.

Other than that, the spearing of three development players on the hope of at best, a handful of games by a player who hasn’t played a full game for almost two seasons, whose contract is up, it’s a very very serious error of judgment.

Its not in the clubs best interests and is not commercial in any way. It’s illustrative of how selfish and decrepit your management has become.

Where’s Webby in all this?!

Yes, fair call.

JDB, regardless of how iron clad the case against him may be, must be presumed innocent until proven otherwise, he should not have been stood down.

Beattie, like everything he does, stuffed it just so he could be seen to be supportive to the female sector and the bleeding heart society. In the meantime, an innocent man is crucified, regardless of how repugnant his supposed actions, may or may not have been.

Beattie ( being of legal nous ) would have known that the legal system could easily take several years to determine a finding. In other words, he hang JDB out to dry.

Again, a decent CEO would of cried blue murder to the nrl but our BJ couldn’t even open his mouth.

So much blame must be directed to our management for the total lack ability in such a case. Nick Politis would not have copped what we sat back and let happen.

2189B080-5F77-4A03-B009-B0FF813363C8.jpeg
Mr Beatty introduced one of the worst policies in NRL history for what many people argue was for publicity purposes.

No fault stand-down harms players, clubs, friends, family and players.

There is not a skerrick of evidence that the highly valued sponsors, supporters and the general public have changed their attitude to the game since the introduction of the policy.

In fact, the game is still losing sponsors for poor player behaviour unrelated to the policy (bulldogs) while players, clubs, fans and other stakeholders suffer in silence.

A large number of coaches towed the party line without giving much thought to the obvious repercussions and a denial of the “ fair go” Australians feel very strongly about.

616E381C-AD11-4BA9-8215-3C853709396C.jpeg
Mary and JDB in a focused discussion about the latter’s boot.

Why Jack should quit voluntarily:-

I’ve been a prominent supporter of JDB and defending his legal rights.

Be that as it may, he’s been paid $545k a season last year for not playing. Add another chunk of this say even about half for 2020 and that takes him to say $750k.

And if he’s found innocent, the season will be almost over. Let’s say he plays 5 games and we have the figure of $150k a game.

He’s basically at the club to play in games, not to train or be swept away by corporate counselling and meditation.

So you have him at $150k a game.

That’s “off the chart massive” expenditure, the most expensive player in nrl history by far (times about 6) to his nearest rival.

As his contract is coming to an end, there’s no guarantee that he will stay. There’s pros and cons in that scenario.

He shouldn’t quit because he’s done anything wrong ( no one knows) but he might think that it’s in the best interests of the club to release the cash and provide opportunity for others. To give something back to the club and everyone who stood and stands by him ( even me).

And that kind of sacrifice would be welcome in so many ways to so many people. It would be pretty inspirational. He could come to training and still be part of the club unofficially and be well thought of.

I can see where the club wants to remain loyal to him, I get that, but it the price is too high and you guys are more important than Jacks feelings.

The other argument is that if things work out for him, I can’t imagine the pressure on him. He’s going to have to play like Gasnier, Raper and Langers rolled into one. Its not fair to him in some ways. Kind of a cruel to be kind moment.

I will defend his legal rights now to the last breath, but I will also accept the decision ( and any appeal). It will be what it will be.

Last edited: