What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Coronavirus and NRL

Willow

Assistant Moderator
neither do I, I read them whilst waiting for my coffee every morning. So what news are you talking about because the camping trip never made any of the perth news tv shows whilst the laidley arrest has been on every night since it broke and the dockers players curfew story made lead.You know, local news that people are interested in.
Me thinks your tin foil hat needs replacing.
You're still connected, our 20th century guy. How's the dial up modem going?

I am clearly referring to what is being reported nationally. I am not referrng to the latest episode of Subiaco's Got Talent or whatever crap has raised your single eyebrow this week.

bubs

Juniors
Besides Trump?
My word, there is some really really stupid crap out there.
"The Corona Virus was made intentionally by Bill Gates and his cronies, who has a mandate on reducing the worlds population."
"5G towers and satellites caused the Corona Virus"
"Trump is a Christian"
"Its all a ploy by Big Pharma"

The list goes on and on. It's scary how dumb the population in the world is now, especially in America.
It's getting easier to see how Nazi Germany ascended to the power it had in the 30's. America' is going through it now to a lesser extent.

AnonymousLurker

Juniors
Coaches warn of ‘disastrous’ consequences over plan to revert to one-ref system
Manly coach Des Hasler has shot down Project Apollo’s proposal to revert to one referee and eliminate ruck penalties, saying it could be disastrous.

On Friday the NRL’s Project Apollo discussed dropping from two referees to one for the resumed competition on May 28, as well as restarting the tackle count instead of awarding a penalty for ruck infringements.

The ARLC are expected to endorse the changes at their meeting next week. On Saturday morning Hasler joined several NRL coaches in warning the game of making policy on the run, which would impact the integrity of the revised competition.

“I don’t think we should so anything which changes the structure of the season so far,” he said.

“We’ve been very respectful of not going to two conferences and making these changes.

“Let’s liken it to a couple of years ago where they were giving two or three penalties on the tryline and then someone goes to the bin.

“That didn’t work, I thought that was disastrous.

“Decisions like that need to be really thought out and they need to be systemised and they need to be not made on the run, let’s call it making policy on the run.”

Hasler said reverting to one referee would impact how the ruck is controlled if they are marking the 10 metres and warned against using touch judges to help police it.

“And please, no touch judges, I don’t think touch judges do a great job as it is now,” he said.

“I certainly don’t want to see touch judges running in or marking the 10.

“We see what a touch judge called in the Nines. We saw that touch judge’s call and what they did to Penrith.”

On Friday NRL coaches Paul Green, Paul McGregor and Justin Holbrook also voiced their concern over changes to the rules with just 19 days to go until the season restarts.

Sydney Roosters coach Trent Robinson sits on the Project Apollo committee and said there should be healthy debate before introducing new rules. His personal opinion is to keep two referees with one dominant referee, and says any rule change made to the ruck would have a significant impact on the game. He said the integrity of the competition is also worth considering given two games have already been played under one set of rules.

“You need to weigh out the positives and the negatives about it, and that’s a negative about it,” he said.

“The positives of it are definitely a financial one, possibly, people have talked about the purity of the game coming back with one referee. “The reason not to do it will be the ruck will have less eyes on it, more exploitation of the wrestle in the ruck. I could go on for the next 10 minutes about the for and against, and that’s what we should be doing. “We should be having that debate and having it quickly because we’ve got a competition to start in three weeks.”[/QUOTE]

Can we say no more des Hasler coaching,
We all saw how the bulldogs played
We all saw how they didn’t make the semis in his final season at the dogs
We all saw how you managed the cap at both manly and dogs
We all saw how your manly team last year purposely slowed the play the ball and do it in basis that refs won’t blow the whistle 100 times a game

Canard

Immortal
You're still connected, our 20th century guy. How's the dial up modem going?

I am clearly referring to what is being reported nationally. I am not referrng to the latest episode of Subiaco's Got Talent or whatever crap has raised your single eyebrow this week.

@Perth Red laughably poor understanding of how modern media content is consumed and created is a highlight of this thread.

Apparently Carthwrights misses posted a comment in regards to Anne Frank, in a nutshell she's suggesting that the NRL are NASZI collaborators... these people are more f..kd in the head then Peter Fitzsimmons bloody anti-vaxxers

shear_joy9

Coach
Apparently Carthwrights misses posted a comment in regards to Anne Frank, in a nutshell she's suggesting that the NRL are NASZI collaborators... these people are more f..kd in the head then Peter Fitzsimmons bloody anti-vaxxers

She also said this:
“Especially considering the flu shot has been proven to increase the incidence of corona viruses by 36%"
and that covid-19 is a scam.
https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/n...p/news-story/046d5503f85918f40406d6ba5aa9d400

Doesn't Bryce have any friends or relatives with some common sense? They need to be telling him that his wife is batshit crazy and will cost him his sporting career.

Next she will be telling us to watch out for reptiles in disguise walking amongst us

Last edited:

TheFrog

Coach
Wouldn't surprise me who Bryce's missus is mixed up with. He certainly has history of picking livewires for life partners.

Doesn't Bryce have any friends or relatives with some common sense? They need to be telling him that his wife is batshit crazy and will cost him his sporting career.

He's a member of one of the more famous RL families, but most blokes tend to resent these things being said of their cheese and kisses.

Last edited:

AnonymousLurker

Juniors
She also said this:
“Especially considering the flu shot has been proven to increase the incidence of corona viruses by 36%"

Next she will be telling us to watch out for reptiles in disguise walking amongst us

crab people , crab people

Willow

Assistant Moderator
She also said this:

Post a link for these or both posts will have to be deleted .

unforgiven

Bench
She also said this:
https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/n...p/news-story/046d5503f85918f40406d6ba5aa9d400

The line she said that she hasn't vaccinated her children and they are healthy so the proof is in the pudding. That is because everyone else has vaccinated their children you selfish person. That is how vaccinations works, they develop herd immunity that protects everyone, that allows the people who for genuine reasons are not able to get vaccinations to avoid the illness as well.

Sorry for the rant, her comments just annoy me massively for there stupidity.

sup42

Juniors
You reduce YOUR risk. That is a YOU decision. Cartwright getting the flu isn’t some dangerous affair for the public.

cartwright not getting a flu vaccination does not have any effect on his likelihood of catching or spreading coronavirus. The conditions of play during a pandemic should be limited to ensuring we aren’t spreading coronavirus. Not just random made up shit.

the NRL never required flu shots before. The risk of a player dying of the flu is no different today that it was at any other time in the games history
No one can say yet whether having the flu increases your risk of catching Corona virus, however there is very good evidence to suggest being sick with Flu, will make you less resilient to avoiding a more serious impact from Covid.
People are more susceptible to infection when their immune system has been taxed by a pre existing infection.

This is why when you have Flu like symptoms which change to symptoms that suggest a secondary bacterial infection (green sputum for example) your doctor will prescribe you antibiotics, and tell you that you had a virus and have now contracted a secondary infection.

Quite often when people die of Flu, it is because they also develop pneumonia...

So yeah...while we can't say categorically whether Covid infection risk increases with Flu, we can say categorically that the risk of a more severe Covid infection is grounded in good science.

The risk of Corona infection is incredibly high as it is....the real issue is that Covid + Flu will be dangerous....because Flu plus anything has already proved to be dangerous.

I'm not a virologist, I do have a health background.

The idea of Covid + Flu sounds deadly, because it probably is.

10$ Ferret

Staff member
they are complaining about Choice. They have a choice. They are not imprisoned or is their life threatened by not having their flu shot, they just can't play RL.

Xcalibre

Juniors
She also said this:

Can someone tell these morons that the only reason they have the luxury to choose not to vaccinate, is because of more than two centuries of humans having vaccines for some truly awful diseases. They wouldn’t have a clue. too ignorant from living it up on the Gold Coast in the new hippie bubble.

Also Mitch Allgood says they’re “pro-medicine”, but regarding vaccines... “Listen to the people who have endured their own personal heartaches from adverse reactions caused by vaccines because their voices matter and so does our right to choose.”

That’s fine Mitch, sorry to have to break it to you, but a lot of medical procedures have a negative outcomes. There’s no guarantees, like a lot in life, but I sure as hell would rather go with the odds, which in this case are way overs in vaccines favour.

Latest posts