What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

redv13

Bench
Not sure why some people put crap on Periera?? The guy has heart and shows it every game. He’s not the fastest or tallest of wingers but his commitment and effort is 100% every week. His positional play in attack is usually spot on, can sniff out a try and his runs from our own end are better than average. I see him exactly the same as Mansour, won’t score you a 60 metre try but he will put defenders on their ass when doing the tough stuff within his own 20. If every player in the 17 showed his ticker and effort we would be playing semi finals footy every year

LINESPEED

Juniors
Not sure why some people put crap on Periera?? The guy has heart and shows it every game. He’s not the fastest or tallest of wingers but his commitment and effort is 100% every week. His positional play in attack is usually spot on, can sniff out a try and his runs from our own end are better than average. I see him exactly the same as Mansour, won’t score you a 60 metre try but he will put defenders on their ass when doing the tough stuff within his own 20. If every player in the 17 showed his ticker and effort we would be playing semi finals footy every year

I agree with most of your comments re ticker.
I just think generally if we keep playing this same backline we’ll most likely keep contending for The Spoon

.....And I’m just not convinced the wingers would easily make any other team contending for the finals

...which of the gun juniors will be lost in the process of keeping this pair?

We’ve been so well schooled & ground down to accept just the ordinary & OK at our halfway house for hacks & journeymen

LINESPEED

Juniors
It’s easy to put crap on our wingers when we have had the competitions worst centre pairing for the last 3 seasons especially in attack.

Yeah - so true

Aitken & Lafai’s ad nauseum coach-favourite selections are the principal reason for McFail’s & the Club’s current predicament IMHO

...certainly our current wingers are not to blame solely, but they and the rest of the backline selections & management are a symptom of the wider malaise of :

- failed coaching
- failed recruitment
- failed development
- failed fanbase belief
- failed results
- failed finances
- failed membership growth
- failed attendances
- failed management

Last edited:

LINESPEED

Juniors
Nice touch, mate.
Very thoughtful and polite.
:thumbsup_tone1:

Sorry OKB1
OK

It’s just that darstardly blend of trench warfare, & post quarantine cabin fever impinging on us all at once,
...so

I’ll re-phrase:

“Paul McGregor your services are no longer required
.... please avail yourself of a sexual option as you head OFF”

Last edited:

Warabrook saint

Juniors
I think Mansour was a little better, made the Kangaroos at one stage

to_ddeath

Coach
Yeah - so true

Aitken & Lafai’s ad nauseum coach-favourite selections are the principal reason for McFail’s & the Club’s current predicament IMHO

...certainly our current wingers are not to blame solely, but they and the rest of the backline selections & management are a symptom of the wider malaise of :

- failed coaching
- failed recruitment
- failed development
- failed fanbase belief
- failed results
- failed finances
- failed attendances
- failed management

McFail Squared

LINESPEED

Juniors
McFail Squared

Well perhaps today on
DAY 35 of his tenure as CEO
Ryan Webb,

having perused
the stats & facts

....might be able to explain to Andrew Gordon
& The Board
why every one of the following lamentable Club realities
would be reversed:

- failed coaching
- failed recruitment
- failed development
- failed fanbase belief
- failed results
- failed finances
- failed attendances
- failed management

.... with the immediate

SACKING OF MCGREGOR

(The 2nd worst longterm coach in Rugby League history)

BLM01

First Grade
I think Mansour was a little better, made the Kangaroos at one stage
I agree with you. Rate him fair bit higher than Periera on ability at his peak.Mansour in his younger days could find the try line and did score some good tries and constantly busted the line and was one of the better wingers.
Dont know what it is but likely his bad facial injuries (jaw/?)..twice?
Whatever it was...did his confidence in for a few years..
.he played pretty good against us few weeks ago.

denis preston

First Grade
Well Andrew, as Waterboy’s benefactor & No 1 supporter, you may find this extract an interesting adjunct to what this Forum has been telling you for years:

“Paul McGregor’s squad currently has the highest total of overall experience with 2484 NRL appearances across their roster. Yet only 1167 of these games were actually played in the red V, meaning the squad has a very low team purity score of 47%. Their 2019 team purity score was even worse at 41.41%, which unsurprisingly led them to a second last position on the ladder.

Their roster strategy favours the importing of experienced high-profile players. These injury-prone and now civilised family men do not add to the identity of the team, but rather dilute it with their external experience, leading to poor on-field results.

In contrast, the Melbourne Storm have always maintained a pure team, scarcely recruiting expensive big names. The team instead commits to retaining its own experience, and recruits cohorts of talented rookies who can be moulded into the team’s unique identity. Their team purity score of 86% positions them to be a cohesive team, with long-held relationships, and more likely to adhere to a coaching strategy distinct as their own”

. ...Namely that (just reading between the lines & simplifying it for your Board)

.....that your man does journeymen not juniors

....therein lies the team schism

He feels safer with older players both politically, personally & ‘professionally’ (& I use that word loosely with him)

So buying precoached players (unfortunately with widely differing takes on the game)
masks a coaching deficiency that cannot be hidden with juniors.
Thus they are isolated, undeveloped, ignored, misplaced & marginalised because he cannot relate to OR coach them.

And the above is just one of his glaring weaknesses.

He’s in for a very hard time as increasing scrutiny like the above will bear down more savagely as the Bookies’ prediction of The Spoon approaches

If he’s your true friend, look out for him, relieve him of the pain & give us back our Club

Two cases i have heard first hand in relation to juniors relationship with Mary. Host getting no feedback after getting dropped and Dufty after getting 2 x 8's & 1 x 9 in coaches ratings the three preceding games but got dropped after a 4, asked the question why was his form questioned after one bad game but team high ratings the 3 games before. Was basically told by McGregor he got dropped because he said so ! The more you drill down on this guy the worst it gets ( Debillen makes the tight playing list but cant play yet but our most promising centre misses out!!! )

LINESPEED

Juniors
Two cases i have heard first hand in relation to juniors relationship with Mary. Host getting no feedback after getting dropped and Dufty after getting 2 x 8's & 1 x 9 in coaches ratings the three preceding games but got dropped after a 4, asked the question why was his form questioned after one bad game but team high ratings the 3 games before. Was basically told by McGregor he got dropped because he said so ! The more you drill down on this guy the worst it gets ( Debillen makes the tight playing list but cant play yet but our most promising centre misses out!!! )

That’s great info from the horses’ mouths

and we need more of this from the players & their families

or perhaps a leak or two from a Boardmember, trainer or assistant with a conscience

(even Flanno hell yeah)

or The Waterboy will fuc/k careers

..... time for appeasement & politeness is long gone

....the barefaced truth
(not lies & deflection)
needs to be out there cutting through the bullshit

Tyson speak up & protect the kids from further damage - they & the fans have admired & respected you for years as the stalwart of our Club

... there have to be sacrifices for the Greater Good at some stage surely?

Ralph?
Andrew L?
Graeme?
Ryan?

Last edited:

saints4ever

First Grade
C’mon Tyson, help us out of this mess

One lethal parting shot implicating how widespread player dissatisfaction is will do this bast/ard in.
No it won't. Its apparent for all to see. Widdop and now Tyson.
Tyson actually said he wants to win a comp. That's the best slap in the face to this incompetent f**k and his meandering Neanderthal mates on the board. Guess what? He's still f**king there.
And he'll still be there next year as again he has the perfect excuse this year no matter what happens with Covid

Okb1 is right, I plead guilty of straying into peripheral issues and the JDB issue is a side issue compared to the following:

DB729B5E-EA24-4F9A-A997-E32D6F18C008.jpeg

I hacked into the SGI tech systems this morning.

I open the folders:

Board//private//dark web//pretty girls//beloved friend//....

then I typed in “ review exempted” and up popped up this pristine 3D photo of McBromance.

52D51B44-89F5-403E-8079-04892C6C36DB.jpeg
This ensures they get their dose of Meh with as much reality as possible.

LINESPEED

Juniors

A good suckup would earn you 6 points even with a poor game

blacksafake

First Grade
The bloke is a deadset goose.

LINESPEED

Juniors
The bloke is a deadset goose.

And this goose is cooked
& basted

....& won’t it be a Thanksgiving for the fans & juniors.

So,
Ryan Webb
on your Day 36

Of “bedding down the coaching changes”

.... a comment of yours that just rings so phoney

I’d say you’ve been the one “bedded” in by the gaggle on The Board.

....as I remember my dearly passed 99.9 yr old grandmother’s oft said saying:

“What’s good fo the goose is good for the gander”

And so it will be after the looming floggings Mc113 & Co

... braced for the choke with Turnstile in the ranks I see.

She just missed the Queen’s letter poor soul

But inured to failure as you are Mc7th,

your letter from Andrew will still have 6 friendly zeros to ameliorate the pain of sacking

Of course McFail, you’d probably have yours shallow-pated.

PS
And BTW McGoner, since you give a coach’s score/rank to your longsuffering troops each game, we thought we give you your coaching rank from 113 yrs of history

And guess what the stats reveal Andrew?

Your boy comes in ranked at 56/57 for all time longterm coaches since 1907.

Now there’s a stat to suck on Board

He sacks the kids on stats but not himself it seems

And he just keeps on keeping on - delivering failure across the board

“Do I dare
Disturb Albert’s universe?”

Last edited:

Latest posts