What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rule change

Inferno

Coach
For the rest of the year referees are being told to simply restart the tackle count rather than blow a penalty for ruck infringements.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/sp...e/news-story/2dac60757cf8d0d13942709234a6a88d

As one of the most ill-disciplined teams if not the worst I see this hurting us badly.

We've traditionally given them away in what seems a deliberate decision to slow the play down but that benefit will evaporate.

It will be interesting to see if and how we adapt to this.

Quigs

Immortal
Fharrk another fharrking rule change yet again.

Are they deadset trying to turn people off the game. If they are it is working.

I'm nearly done.

This fiasco of the launching fharr-can apollo mercury sputnik thingy reminds me of the lead up to one of those aussie boxing biggest fight ever promos involving that boxer whose name I don't mention anymore ( rhymes with Block) and whoever is good at conning the punters as his next big opponent.

The no win no pay lawyers must be lining up as we type this

chewsta

First Grade
FMD, i hope we win the coin toss and choose to receive the kick off. It will be the only time we have possession of the ball with Woodsy and Feefs starting for us.

Quigs

Immortal
Nothing new about restarting the tackle count. Shit they had a ref that experimented with that way back in 78. It was a clandestine operation and kept heavily under wraps at the time. Only certain people were officially aware of the operation but many soon were to realise that something was happening.

There was futile resistance from many prominent coaches at the time but the operation had to be carried through to the final phase to assess if it could become a more regular occurrence.

The NRL are now on track to reintroduce this operation (thanks to our FOI request it can be revealed that it was originally called "Hollywood") to obtain the maximum results from the Launch Apollo 2020 Mission.

Buzz and Kent get onto it.

Stake Removed

First Grade
It worries me this rule change, as some of the coaches are involved in the rule changes, already Ricky, Pay & Arthur dont like it.

Whenever these rules changes it seems Broncs/Storm/Roosters/Rabbits get benefit

Stake Removed

First Grade
1 ref i give it 2 weeks and the blow ups will start, the refs have now been working in duel role for years, and now to adjust with less then 3 weeks notice, its a big ask all round to handle this

Sharkman

Juniors
April fools?

What disaster of an idea.

what happens with repeated ruck infringements? Does that constitute a penalty?

What leads to a sinbinning if there’s no penalties in the first place?

What a fgn mess this will become. There will be outrage.

Imagine being the dumb mofo who came up with this idea hah

blue bags

First Grade
every play the ball , will be a milk a thon, please give me a 6 again a thon. refs will go nuts lol:mad:

Chimp

Bench
every play the ball , will be a milk a thon, please give me a 6 again a thon. refs will go nuts lol:mad:
And regardless of what’s actually happening in the tackle, when Woods or Fifita are tackled, there will be a ‘milking’ call.....

I wonder if all those clubs that were crying about not keeping their points from their wins this year are making noise now????
Different rules now could have played a major impact on some games, including ours.
New rules for this year's competition, start the competition again.
Beyond comical with the clowns as the Ringmasters.