What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I'm not unhappy that Cleary has been hit hard. He needed a good kick up the bum. (I hope this cures him)

Meanwhile May needs to have a good hard look at himself and his lifestyle choices.

I was furious when this happened, (worse when the video came to light)

Playing NRL is a privilege not a right.

Both May and Cleary need to grow up. (emotionally) I'd love to see the club force them into some labouring work to see how the other hald live.

Black Diamond

Juniors
That is an amended breach notice, it says he is facing a two match ban, it hasnt been handed down yet. If you click on the link it says further down that both players have an opportunity to respond before a final determination is made.

franklin2323

Immortal
That is an amended breach notice, it says he is facing a two match ban, it hasnt been handed down yet. If you click on the link it says further down that both players have an opportunity to respond before a final determination is made.

How do you defend it though? So both will miss 2 games

Sime_11

Juniors
Just cop it on the chin Nathan, will be perfect for the road to redemption storyline when he becomes captain in 2021 .... :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Our media team will make it a Hollywood-esqe film, their social media content is elite !!!

forby

Juniors
It doesn’t seem equitable when you look at the illegal acts of Latrell and his mates who won’t miss a match.

mxlegend99

Referee
They haven’t been penalised for the gun issue yet as it’s before the courts.
They wont be penalised further. The NRL will happily forget all about it.

The NRL doesnt seem to care about players breaking the law unless women are involved. Even before proven guilty that's when they stand players down. Or have the toughest punishments.

Cleary deserved a harsher punishment than he initially received. But JAC and Mitchell also deserved a harsher initial punishment than Cleary for mine. Cleary lying deserved further punishment to at worst match Mitchell and KJAC.

franklin2323

Immortal
They wont be penalised further. The NRL will happily forget all about it.

The NRL doesnt seem to care about players breaking the law unless women are involved. Even before proven guilty that's when they stand players down. Or have the toughest punishments.

Cleary deserved a harsher punishment than he initially received. But JAC and Mitchell also deserved a harsher initial punishment than Cleary for mine. Cleary lying deserved further punishment to at worst match Mitchell and KJAC.

Agreed 2 games and 50k is probably fair for all 3

Tronald Crump

Juniors
I am annoyed. Not because he didn't deserve his suspension for his immature behavior but the fact that Latrell & Addo Carr won't miss a game.
Their actions were worse. Yet the inconsistently and gutless NRL didn't suspend them.
They should miss time too!

betcats

Referee
He deserved more tbh. If he had of just admitted the full truth the first time he wouldn't of been punished worse then Latrell and JAC, but that blatant lying to everyone is terrible.

EDIT: And Tyrone May is f**king lucky he is Nathans best mate, 7 games from the intergrity unit this season plus all of last season, what a waste of space he has become.

Last edited:

Dave's mate

Juniors
Latrell and JAC's lies were much worse really. Bringing in bullshit cultural excuses is pathetic.

I thought Nathan should have got a month straight off the bat

People don’t seem to understand the difference between objective truth and subjective truth. JAC & Mitchell may genuinely believe the trip was cultural, yeah it sounds like BS to you or me, but it doesn’t necessarily make it a lie.

Where as Nathan objectively lied. There’s no grey area at all, he said he didn’t know he was photographed. That was obviously a lie.

franklin2323

Immortal
He deserved more tbh. If he had of just admitted the full truth the first time he wouldn't of been punished worse then Latrell and JAC, but that blatant lying to everyone is terrible.

EDIT: And Tyrone May is f**king lucky he is Nathans best mate, 7 games from the intergrity unit this season plus all of last season, what a waste of space he has become.

He is off contract end of the year. So he isn’t doing himself any favours