What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

chiefy1

Juniors
SAVE MCGREGOR !

1. Produced origin stars like Friz, Debelin, Vaugn and brought through a band of juniors like Sailor Aitkin and Lomax.

2. Attracted big gun name haves in Corey Norman & Hunt.

3. Worked under duress during the debelin case & made the finals. I say sign him to another deal asap please board.

LINESPEED

Juniors
SAVE MCGREGOR !

1. Produced origin stars like Friz, Debelin, Vaugn and brought through a band of juniors like Sailor Aitkin and Lomax.

3. Worked under duress during the debelin case & made the finals. I say sign him to another deal asap please board.

Mc56/57

LINESPEED

Juniors
Two cases i have heard first hand in relation to juniors relationship with Mary. Host getting no feedback after getting dropped and Dufty after getting 2 x 8's & 1 x 9 in coaches ratings the three preceding games but got dropped after a 4, asked the question why was his form questioned after one bad game but team high ratings the 3 games before. Was basically told by McGregor he got dropped because he said so ! The more you drill down on this guy the worst it gets ( Debillen makes the tight playing list but cant play yet but our most promising centre misses out!!! )

Love your post mate - I’m sure there are a Host of other stories out there

....similarly damning of McFail fuc/king up juniors

.... alas, always the bridesmaid
- LOL
here on % :

upload_2020-5-12_10-31-49.jpeg

But guess what?

Sanity prevailed at the Titans & Brennan was terminated on July 14

.... after winning just 4 from 17 games.

So Andrew Gordon do you have even fewer expectations of a coach than the fuc/king Titans’ basket case?

Because, my friend, your man has just won 4 from 21 games.

Shame on you Board

They’re all just clear facts & stats for all to see
.... as the Bookies sure have

Last edited:

blacksafake

First Grade
SAVE MCGREGOR !

Go Away chiefy, lol
Our stupid board don't need your advice.

LINESPEED

Juniors
Go Away chiefy, lol
Our stupid board don't need your advice.

Sadly they’d probably take it though.

So again, Andrew Gordon, you’re supposed to be the hotshot entrepreneur

- but just kindly explain,
- if it’s indeed logically possible,

how it is that the cellar dwelling Titan’s Board were responsive to their disaster

with an ethically Meninga led review of a Football Dept WITH a coach

& AWAKE to the failings of Brennan after

40 games &1.5 years

whereas your Board’s still ASLEEP to your mate’s 113 yr historical failure after

139 games & 6 years

We need an upfront, honest response Ryan

- as you’ll be the fall guy amid Andrew’s deafening silence

Last edited:

LINESPEED

Juniors
Can't coach.

I hope his team continually gets thrashed until he goes if that is what it takes. This team is 3rd last and has lost 7 in a row.

And still 3rd last Amen

Some great wins in your last 20 games Waterboy:

upload_2020-5-12_12-46-40.jpeg

Perhaps you’ll get lucky again Rd 3 & impress Andrew & his Board with a win against the Titans

Last edited:

LINESPEED

Juniors
You can't deny Mary has bought consistency to the team.

Sure has.

I count 7 home losses in his last 16 games.

Brennan had 5 in his final 16 before being terminated

That could well be a title & record at last for The Waterboy to spin

The shame just won’t end will it Board

Sack him NOW

PS
So, Phil Gould,
I think I’ve just about wrapped up the Coach review you never had the balls to undertake.

And I went back to 1908 to get the true & shocking perspective

It’s all in the stats and clearly observable culture from the stands

- if you’d cared to look

.... and in all the info you’d’ve gleaned if you’d interviewed anyone other than the Waterboy vetted suckups

Last edited:

hazzbeen

Bench
I've said this before but I'll say it again. When McWrekor is eventually sacked (hopefully), it will be like winning another GF for me.

I've seen 3 so far: 1977, 1979 and 2010 but this will be up there with winning the big one.
You know what annoys me the most , he really thinks he is a great coach ......

Wittenberg

Juniors
DeBelin was one of our team’s most effective defenders and he has proven to be Mary’s best defender as well. The DeBelin fiasco has been used to protect Mary from the scrutiny and criticism he deserves. While we scream out in frustration at the Board.....very deservedly, and we have cursed our CEOs for inaction, and each game sees Mary’s statistics become more and more damning, but he remains. He is always supposedly the coach under the most pressure, but he still remains. Each year he is supposedly only been given 6 or 7 weeks to prove himself, but he stays. Why? While we blame the Board for being spineless, and it is, the main reason for Mary’s continuing survival is the league media. Too many media chums mean that when pressure starts to build up on him, excuses are found and his ‘last chance’ is pushed further out. And excuses are used. DeBelin was used last year and will be again. The longer the case drags on the longer the excuse can be used by the Club. I look forward to the day Mary and his excuses are gone...but don’t expect it to be soon. Those who are already talking about Flanagan as our coach need to remember a few things, firstly Flanagan is banned until the end of next season, if Morris does not perform well as coach of the Sharks this year or next, Flanagan could still have supporters back at Cronulla AND, more importantly, our Board has to have the courage to actually act and god knows it should have done that for years. No the Club’s only chance is for the Media’s boys club to drop Mary. Our club has been hurt by its own version of a boys club but we have been hurt badly by the Media boys club. I want Mary gone. I just think he won’t be until early next season. Sigh.

Warabrook saint

Juniors
DeBelin was one of our team’s most effective defenders and he has proven to be Mary’s best defender as well. The DeBelin fiasco has been used to protect Mary from the scrutiny and criticism he deserves. While we scream out in frustration at the Board.....very deservedly, and we have cursed our CEOs for inaction, and each game sees Mary’s statistics become more and more damning, but he remains. He is always supposedly the coach under the most pressure, but he still remains. Each year he is supposedly only been given 6 or 7 weeks to prove himself, but he stays. Why? While we blame the Board for being spineless, and it is, the main reason for Mary’s continuing survival is the league media. Too many media chums mean that when pressure starts to build up on him, excuses are found and his ‘last chance’ is pushed further out. And excuses are used. DeBelin was used last year and will be again. The longer the case drags on the longer the excuse can be used by the Club. I look forward to the day Mary and his excuses are gone...but don’t expect it to be soon. Those who are already talking about Flanagan as our coach need to remember a few things, firstly Flanagan is banned until the end of next season, if Morris does not perform well as coach of the Sharks this year or next, Flanagan could still have supporters back at Cronulla AND, more importantly, our Board has to have the courage to actually act and god knows it should have done that for years. No the Club’s only chance is for the Media’s boys club to drop Mary. Our club has been hurt by its own version of a boys club but we have been hurt badly by the Media boys club. I want Mary gone. I just think he won’t be until early next season. Sigh.
Not to mention his suckhole relationship with the owners

TruSaint

Referee

Good post and i agree with most of it, other than the board.
Mary is inept. Full stop. Any media support he endears himself is in his eyes "job done". Where i disagree with you is that a board of Directors, must make decisions based on data. Media commentary should not be in the equation. Indisputable facts should guide the dismissal of Mary as head coach.

Performance on field. Marketing revenue. Roster retention and development. Crowd attendances home and away. Membership numbers and feedback, and so forth.

The blame does not lie with Mary, nor with the sold our media commentators. It lies with the BOD, who have not put the Club interests first.

hazzbeen

Bench
This is what scares me the most , they haven't sacked him after dismal coaching last year , what would happen if for some unknown reason he makes the semi this year ? The way our lot think they Will sign him for another 5 years ....

BLM01

First Grade
Where were and are Garth Brennans and Anthony Griffins media mates, Jason Taylor, Seibold, Nathan Brown...the list goes on, coaches who basically have performed no worse in the same amount of time (i.e. Garth Brennan) and some cases superior (Griffin, Siebold)..who all have got no favours from the media.
Re Mary...the media put the wall and go straight to trotting out the old chestnut line used for the past 40 years about Dragons supporters (that even every non Dragons supporters use)
(e.g .Dragons supporters are notorious for being whingers, always have too high expectations, expect success all the time....blah blah blah (even a Dragons supporter in Webster) and think we are not being reasonable re Mary and his results prove he can coach and also say how close we were to a GF qualifier...only as recent as 2018)
But they forget to actually comprehend or focus on the facts and what actually our grievances are about our club since 2012 are..least Price got the flick after 2.5 yrs
But then they wheel in Mary...the rest is history and the facts are there for those that want to see past throw away lines and feeling sorry for good guys who purposely keep the media on their side.
But as @TruSaint said..the BOD make the call.....but the media do a good job of ringing in their ears when they want too.

LINESPEED

Juniors
Good post and i agree with most of it, other than the board.
Mary is inept. Full stop. Any media support he endears himself is in his eyes "job done". Where i disagree with you is that a board of Directors, must make decisions based on data. Media commentary should not be in the equation. Indisputable facts should guide the dismissal of Mary as head coach.

Performance on field. Marketing revenue. Roster retention and development. Crowd attendances home and away. Membership numbers and feedback, and so forth.

The blame does not lie with Mary, nor with the sold our media commentators. It lies with the BOD, who have not put the Club interests first.

So,
Ryan Webb
on DAY 37

How’s it going mate?

I mean the knowing that this man should’ve been long gone & off your books

I mean how are you really managing the daily fallout from Waterboy’s ineptitude?
The waiting for release & renewal must be excruciating?

The most longed-for, expectant, prickteased, called-for, breathtakingly justifiable, overdue, elongated & manifestly-must-happen sacking in NRL history

...the ridiculous & stubborn defence of ineptitude

- which has caused an osmotic reaction, a seeping cancer across the Club

- impairing the Board’s judgment especially

... & lowering the ethical & professional bar to staggering lows which smack of a Trumpian defence of the indefensible

Spin & corporate glitz replaces stats & facts

He cannot be defended in any logical way

...so

Let Trump be Trump, let Paul be Paul strategises failure:

“The virus will just disappear”
“We can still win the premiership”
(2019 FFS)
“Things will turn around”

I’ll reiterate till the cows come home..... and then some:

This failed ‘coach’’s best result is 7th after 7years & 139 games
strewn with alibis, deflection, excuses

& bus loads of shamelessly blamed assistants

Those clear stats rank him 56th
out of the 57 coaches who’ve coached 139 games or more since 1908

End of story.
Not a legitimate leg to stand on.

His defenders would be howled out of a courtroom,

What morons would hire him with that CV? Certainly not the ESL

Or the Red Devils even LOL

Just our lonesome fuc/kwit Board in all the world

The Dragons are staring down The Spoon again

Inevitable say the Bookies

We lose our best player & leader who publicly says we can’t win.

The Media backs our Clown & delights in the obvious rank stupidity of our Board

You hear them say, tongue in cheek: “Don’t know what’s happening down there at the Dragons” (smirk)

With The Waterboy the Dragons’ demise sates their lingering longterm vengeful resentment of our 11 titles in a row

There is not a single stat or fact that supports his retention or their malign & relentless support of him .
I have no respect for Gould at all

But anyway,

WTF
How does our Board daily live the lie?

upload_2020-5-13_7-57-55.jpeg

LOL

Last edited:

BLM01

First Grade
So,
Ryan Webb
on DAY 37

How’s it going mate?

I mean the knowing that this man should’ve been long gone & off your books

I mean how are you really managing the daily fallout from Waterboy’s ineptitude?
The waiting for release & renewal must be excruciating?

The most longed-for, expectant, prickteased, called-for, breathtakingly justifiable, overdue, elongated & manifestly-must-happen sacking in NRL history

...the ridiculous & stubborn defence of ineptitude

- which has caused an osmotic reaction, a seeping cancer across the Club

- impairing the Board’s judgment especially

... & lowering the ethical & professional bar to staggering lows which smack of a Trumpian defence of the indefensible

Spin & corporate glitz replaces stats & facts

He cannot be defended in any logical way

...so

Let Trump be Trump, let Paul be Paul strategises failure:

“The virus will just disappear”
“We can still win the premiership”
(2019 FFS)
“Things will turn around”

I’ll reiterate till the cows come home..... and then some:

This failed ‘coach’’s best result is 7th after 7years & 139 games
strewn with alibis, deflection, excuses

& bus loads of shamelessly blamed assistants

Those clear stats rank him 56th
out of the 57 coaches who’ve coached 139 games or more since 1908

End of story.
Not a legitimate leg to stand on.

His defenders would be howled out of a courtroom,

What morons would hire him with that CV? Certainly not the ESL

Or the Red Devils even LOL

Just our lonesome fuc/kwit Board in all the world

The Dragons are staring down The Spoon again

Inevitable say the Bookies

We lose our best player & leader who publicly says we can’t win.

The Media backs our Clown & delights in the obvious rank stupidity of our Board

You hear them say, tongue in cheek: “Don’t know what’s happening down there at the Dragons” (smirk)

With The Waterboy the Dragons’ demise sates their lingering longterm vengeful resentment of our 11 titles in a row

There is not a single stat or fact that supports his retention or their malign & relentless support of him .
I have no respect for Gould at all

But anyway,

WTF
How does our Board daily live the lie?

View attachment 38275

LOL
Yes but he did win 3 comps in a row at Wests Illawarra!...cant take that off his resume