What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So if you asked in a game on Trivia, do you UK or USA?

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
They kids asked to play on Xbox.

I whooped them, expect for art.

Not the point.

UK or USA.

Maybe Spanish.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
They kids asked to play on Xbox.

I whooped them, expect for art.

Not the point.

UK or USA.

Maybe Spanish.
I’d say offer them at least half of two cumbersome squalls.

Should the cake fail to accelerate, be felt to breathe past the heft.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
My children prefer the US entertainment questions.

In which they beat me easily. UK would not help me, they beat my arse there too.

They still laugh I had no idea who Bruno Mars was, yesterday.

Well I do now.

They are no match for the rest, sometimes history.

Again, UK and USA difference in history questions.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Again, UK and USA difference in history questions.
That’s a tough one. Both sides have differing opinions. You need a third opinion for the truth.

Eg.

Q. How did the USA secede from the UK?

Answers:
UK: We were tired of it and gave it to them.
US: We’re so tough y’all we took it from them
France: Wè missour Twas our interventionè which liberated un lande.

Pick the French version for your own kids truthful version of the world.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
What the US did not want a queen, sacrebleu.

How are there still mexicans?
Kim Kardashian is a fine queen. Don’t disrespect her or you’ll get the CIA onto us.

And we still have Mexicans because you can’t have tacos or pizza without Mexico.

deluded pom?

Coach
Happy to try and help but unsure of the question.

But I default to UK with any setting on any electronic device.

eg it’s “Colour” not “Color”
Serious question. Whenever I read an article written by an Australian it always seems to use the American spelling e.g. organize, program etc. Surely as a member of the British Commonwealth you would have historically used the English spellings. How and when did this change happen? Why did it happen? Is it just lazy people simply using US software and not correcting the text or is it now the official way of spelling in Australia? Sorry for all of the questions.

Serious question. Whenever I read an article written by an Australian it always seems to use the American spelling e.g. organize, program etc. Surely as a member of the British Commonwealth you would have historically used the English spellings. How and when did this change happen? Why did it happen? Is it just lazy people simply using US software and not correcting the text or is it now the official way of spelling in Australia? Sorry for all of the questions.

No need for sorries..

i think it’s a matter of personal opinion what they use although my experience is that most software defaults to US. Maybe it’s because major IT companies like Apple, IBM, Microsoft are all US companies.

deluded pom?

Coach
No need for sorries..

i think it’s a matter of personal opinion what they use although my experience is that most software defaults to US. Maybe it’s because major IT companies like Apple, IBM, Microsoft are all US companies.
Are kids allowed to use Americanisation in their school work? I don’t get why supposed educated people I.e. journalists can suddenly decide to use American spellings in a country that hasn’t previously used them and nothing is said. Don’t get me wrong, it’s creeping in over here but nowhere near like it has in Australia.