What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Toby Wan Kanobi

Special K

Coach
The Mole.
I'll wait until its formally announced thanks
I don’t know what mole is saying but it’s very close to being signed according to people close to him. I’d say if the NRL was accepting contracts it would be done.

It will be interesting to see what we do with him the rest of the season.

shaggs

Coach
Why would anyone want to play for the warriors?? Unless you are a kiwi.

seems a strange decision for his career.
Does something stink at cronulla? Maybe wade doesn’t like him?

SadShark

Bench
Well, in the matches I saw him play, I was well & truly over his enthusiasm, tenacity and vigor. Just get rid of the lazy plonker already.

Stake Removed

First Grade
I've been pissing in Toby's pocket even before he signed with us. (So has the Stake) Watching him the Qld cup and then getting his signature put a smile on my face. Was really looking forward to him this and next season.

But as usual no one these days gives a real f**k about us mere supporters. It is all about the dollars.

Is there an emergency escape pod attached to the Launch Apollo Mercury Mission ? Does it have enough room for a broken down old fart that is looking for a seat.

Quigs he was pumped when he signed with us at end of 2018, he was working for same company as me in Brisbane, he is legit nice guy, but if he has left i am dissapointed we gave him a chance stuck by him

Stake Removed

First Grade
I don’t know what mole is saying but it’s very close to being signed according to people close to him. I’d say if the NRL was accepting contracts it would be done.

It will be interesting to see what we do with him the rest of the season.

If he has signed with Warriors how i would work it.

If he is playing well enough to be in 1sts he plays there, but if we cant make finals we drop him not our job to give him experience for Warriors, exception is if he has niggling injury that would need surgery play him, he can get op on Warriors dime end of season

If he signs with them don't put him in the 30 players. Simple.
This season is a joke anyway. Not all players can get a run, use it to blood someone else. We stood by him when he missed the whole last season from injury from his previous club.
Loyalty has long gone from this game, it's all business now, so look after the future of the business.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Media is getting louder about him signing. Best Front Row prospect in years... Ah well, he could have signed with the Roosters I suppose!

Quicksilver

Bench
I hope this means we're backing away from dumb bidding wars over players.

We've done some pretty dud deals in the last couple of years.

If it’s a mil over 3 years you can’t blame him.
After tax that will be 500k. Add in the moving of his life etc. If his manager hasn't explained that to him, and if the Sharks can't compete with that, well I'd say our cap is more f**ked than what is being told.

Inferno

Coach
Boogs and Townsend went to the warriors and ended up coming back.

Who knows we may see him back one day.

Haven't we got some decent young prop prospects anyway? Might give Royce Hunt or Daniel Vasquez an opportunity.

Eion

First Grade
I like Rudolph, reckon he could be a gun. But it’s going to be much more difficult to prosper and get noticed over in nz the way they’re going...and likely to go the next 3 years. There’s a decent chance he drifts into obscurity over there.

If sharks are unders you’d think the best thing for him would be to sign a 1 year deal here...back himself in for a big multi year pay day after that. If not at the sharks then elsewhere.

But can’t really knock the bloke if the moneys there. Who knows the motivation, maybe he’s worried about injury...

I play him for as long as he’s in the best 17, isnt making a knob of himself off the paddock, and as long as we are competing for whatever finals look like this year.