What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

Saint Pedro

Juniors
Ha..their is always a Plan B for some kids when fall on hard times.
My view is Port Kembla will be prime real estate one day especially when the Steelworks is done and dusted.
Maybe not in my life time.... and at ATM still has a stigma ...but that has been slowly changing.
Gold investment suburb for the medium to long term....
as is Unanderra for mine with it's large wide blocks.
You ever think old Berkeley west will be prime?

Saint Pedro

Juniors
Hmmm..anything is possible...never say never...but
You have Warrawong round the corner.
I had a yarn with jack bird once , whenhe was with Cronulla, in Townsville about Berkeley and he was just blown away someone knew the suburb. Said he loved the place and missed His local beach; Port Kembla. Nice guy

Been looking for an interim coach to “ hold the fort” over until at least pre season in November.

The assistants are more than qualified to pass on the key information and set ups to new blood coaching figurehead

You would be hard pressed to find many better assistant coaches in the nrl and by couch, they have a great relationship. Such a contrast in atmosphere v the Mcelephant. Mates off campus is healthy.

People have to be available, but any of the following might hit the ground running:

Geoff Toovey
David Furner
Anthony Griffin
Jason Taylor
Matthew Elliot
Ffs give Brenno a chance with a proper nrl side.

Mary won’t feel too threatened as he’s lost his head. He could not think any of them could succeed where he has failed. Not for a second.

But the reality is that each of them would have to try extraordinarily hard to do worse than the 2nd worst coach in NRL history, especially with the brilliant Flanno giving advices.

Things are so bad, most of you dedicated (wonderfully hard core) supporters could lob up, let flanno do everything, chug beers with the gear stewards all season and rip well into the top 8.

Probably sign up a few elites via text message along the way. A call from Jimmy the Jet at the least.

Tyson might have second thoughts, given the knights were a bit rude about him when co vid hit.

Membership and sponsor explosion!

Seize the bloody moment. The door is closing fast.

Last edited:

LINESPEED

Juniors
Can't coach.

I hope his team continually gets thrashed until he goes if that is what it takes. This team is 3rd last and has lost 7 in a row.

Morning
Ryan Webb
on
Day 38
Any rumblings in that Boardroom?
Anyone, you know, taking stock of the coaching crisis?

So I notice someone’s predicted a team without Turnstile in the centres Rd3

Now that’s a positive
Not even on the bench
What contortions of coaching grey matter have led to this ?

“ST GEORGE ILLAWARRA DRAGONS PREDICTED TEAM
  1. Matt Dufty
  2. Jordan Pereira
  3. Brayden Williame
  4. Tim Lafai
  5. Zac Lomax
  6. Corey Norman
  7. Ben Hunt
  8. James Graham
  9. Cameron McInnes
  10. Paul Vaughan
  11. Tyson Frizell
  12. Tariq Sims
  13. Blake Lawrie
  14. Issac Luke
  15. Korbin Sims
  16. Tyrell Fuimaono
  17. Trent Merrin
Huge boost for the Dragons with inspirational skipper Cameron McInnesback from a knee injury he sustained during the Nines.

Korbin Sims will also be fit, and their returns will see Billy Brittain and Josh Kerr bumped from the 17.

After an impressive display in Round 2, speedster Matt Dufty will hold onto the fullback role. Zac Lomax will remain on the wing, which means Mikaele Ravalawa misses out. “

Run Lomax at No 3 & we’ll have our best backline in 6 years

Onya Flanno

PS
Saab in for Hole-in-the-Wall if his foot’s recovered

Last edited:

Runner

Juniors
View attachment 38285
Barry's older brother Kelvin, great guy.
CC

I lived in Port Kembla until I was 12 before moving to Sydney. George Kusa who is in that photo was one of my best friends growing up. Small world indeed.

I remember the Hulbert family and of course Barry who played for Saints although not personally, as he was quite a few years older than me.

Did you play in that team CC?

Been looking for an interim coach to “ hold the fort” over until at least pre season in November.

The assistants are more than qualified to pass on the key information and set ups to new blood coaching figurehead

You would be hard pressed to find many better assistant coaches in the nrl and by couch, they have a great relationship. Such a contrast in atmosphere v the Mcelephant. Mates off campus is healthy.

People have to be available, but any of the following might hit the ground running:

Geoff Toovey
David Furner
Anthony Griffin
Jason Taylor
Matthew Elliot
Ffs give Brenno a chance with a proper nrl side.

Mary won’t feel too threatened as he’s lost his head. He could not think any of them could succeed where he has failed. Not for a second.

But the reality is that each of them would have to try extraordinarily hard to do worse than the 2nd worst coach in NRL history, especially with the brilliant Flanno giving advices.

Things are so bad, most of you dedicated (wonderfully hard core) supporters could lob up, let flanno do everything, chug beers with the gear stewards all season and rip well into the top 8.

Probably sign up a few elites via text message along the way. A call from Jimmy the Jet at the least.

Tyson might have second thoughts, given the knights were a bit rude about him when co vid hit.

Membership and sponsor explosion!

Seize the bloody moment. The door is closing fast.
Toovey the pick of your list.
Respect to Flanno but Toovey would do a great job as the permanent coach as well.
Love his passion and footy smarts.
Greatly underrated.

Toovey the pick of your list.
Respect to Flanno but Toovey would do a great job as the permanent coach as well.
Love his passion and footy smarts.
Greatly underrated.

Yeah, I can’t believe how Manly treated him.

There’s a rumour that he has a high iq as well and I can’t remember him glossing over any intellectual inadequacies with corporate mumbo jumbo.

He’s a born leader of men.

Yeah, I can’t believe how Manly treated him.

There’s a rumour that he has a high iq as well and I can’t remember him glossing over any intellectual inadequacies with corporate mumbo jumbo.

He’s a born leader of men.
Just look at his press conferences versus McGregor.
Grumpy, bristling answers.
Everything matters
Compared to McGregor's never ending stream of excuses and rationalizations.

Just look at his press conferences versus McGregor.
Grumpy, bristling answers.
Everything matters
Compared to McGregor's never ending stream of excuses and rationalizations.

That’s right, he owned each result and losing was personal. A gracious winner with no promise of “ we can do that again next week” and “ team I really wanted” nonsense.

And in the real world he is a corporate high flyer and knows all the lingo, he just doesn’t show it off.

Tooves and Mary are in different universes.

qld redvee

Juniors
That’s right, he owned each result and losing was personal. A gracious winner with no promise of “ we can do that again next week” and “ team I really wanted” nonsense.

And in the real world he is a corporate high flyer and knows all the lingo, he just doesn’t show it off.

Tooves and Mary are in different universes.

Silver,
100 % correct .. coaches own each result with supercoach its an own for a win but a maryism for a loss and the old standby we will learn from that and improve ..
with the losses we have sustained there is not much learning and a lot less improvement..

and yes supercoach is indeed in a world of his own !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Silver,
100 % correct .. coaches own each result with supercoach its an own for a win but a maryism for a loss and the old standby we will learn from that and improve ..
with the losses we have sustained there is not much learning and a lot less improvement..

and yes supercoach is indeed in a world of his own !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol, can anyone imagine Tooves, Bennet, bellyache, Desmond or Ricky or any other nrl coach claiming that their ambition is to have their

“ Footprints all over the club”

Which is really sickening ( from a proud self love point of view) but made worse because these footprints signify failure, successive defeat and despair.
How could he miss that? Beggars belief, he’s unwell.

He was trying to justify the junket when you blokes were so hurt and upset about 2019. People here were ringing up the club and swearing off membership. It was a very serious time and he took off. I couldn’t believe it.

This was the time that any pretence that he was the best bloke in the world no longer passed muster. Anyone who thereafter promoted that belief was considered to be misguided. Made them look like fools when they meant well.

Last edited:

Como Connection

First Grade
I lived in Port Kembla until I was 12 before moving to Sydney. George Kusa who is in that photo was one of my best friends growing up. Small world indeed.

I remember the Hulbert family and of course Barry who played for Saints although not personally, as he was quite a few years older than me.

Did you play in that team CC?
Barry lives at Woronora and Kel in Jannali.
I grew up in Hurstville/Kingsgrove and lived at Como the last 40 years.
CC