What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumor Mill

SmashEmBro

Juniors
Another story on Toby Rudolf to the Warriors, seems to be gaining momentum.

I thought he looked pretty decent in the first two games this year, young and big body, but interesting to see what that means for our prop situation next year.

With JTB, Paasi, Bunty, BMM, Ah Mau the cabinet is all ready pretty chocka with props.

What do you guys reckon?
Unless we were turning one of those guys in to a impact/off loader who plays a bit of time at 2nd rower, I can't see how we could keep them all (unless we get rid of someone, Bunty and LAM off contract end of 2021).

Ah Mau
Egan
Paasi
Harris
Curran/Papalii/Burr
Jazz

Roache
BMM
Rudolf
Bunty

BLN2

Juniors
Burr is another lock/prop, so is Papalii and Curran. You've missed Katoa too, so as you say it would be big competition for forward spots, which hopefully means the back of Blair. Papalii might be on the chopping block, he hasn't really come on at all and is off contract. He's highly spoken of, but doesn't add much to the team.. I'm sure he'll be re signed, hopefully just as lock depth and not on decent bucks (can't see other sides splashing coin for him).

Paasi
Egan
BMM
Harris
Katoa
Jazz/Curran

Rache/Lawton
Rudolf
Ah Mau
Jazz/Curran/Papalii/Burr/Bunty/JTB

That should be enough cattle to get a decent side out of. The coaching and halves still would still have the biggest question mark.

SmashEmBro

Juniors
Burr is another lock/prop, so is Papalii and Curran. You've missed Katoa too, so as you say it would be big competition for forward spots, which hopefully means the back of Blair. Papalii might be on the chopping block, he hasn't really come on at all and is off contract. He's highly spoken of, but doesn't add much to the team.. I'm sure he'll be re signed, hopefully just as lock depth and not on decent bucks (can't see other sides splashing coin for him).

Paasi
Egan
BMM
Harris
Katoa
Jazz/Curran

Rache/Lawton
Rudolf
Ah Mau
Jazz/Curran/Papalii/Burr/Bunty/JTB

That should be enough cattle to get a decent side out of. The coaching and halves still would still have the biggest question mark.
Yeah I forgot about Katoa completely.
Yes looked good this year, would love him to force the coaches hand.

SmashEmBro

Juniors
Julian Savea has stated that he's wanting to come home now that his contract is up in France, and has stated he'd be open to a code switch to join the NZ Warriors.

Still early days so no real legs to the story, but at 29 he could still have 4 or 5 really good years left in him.

Could that even be a bargaining chip to get Ardie Savea in too, who has recently expressed interest in coming over to league?

BLN2

Juniors
He was pretty shit in his last few years at the Hurricanes, and has been away for 2 years were he was constantly slammed by media and the club owner for his performances. A declining winger who is 29, learning a new sport? Na. We have some back talent I'd rather we invest in.

5 years ago though, absolutely.

SmashEmBro

Juniors
He was pretty shit in his last few years at the Hurricanes, and has been away for 2 years were he was constantly slammed by media and the club owner for his performances. A declining winger who is 29, learning a new sport? Na. We have some back talent I'd rather we invest in.

5 years ago though, absolutely.
Yeah I see what you mean, I'd be open to it tho, depending on circumstances of course.
I haven't seen anything of his time in France, so I'm really not sure on how he's gone.

Julian Savea has stated that he's wanting to come home now that his contract is up in France, and has stated he'd be open to a code switch to join the NZ Warriors.

Still early days so no real legs to the story, but at 29 he could still have 4 or 5 really good years left in him.

Could that even be a bargaining chip to get Ardie Savea in too, who has recently expressed interest in coming over to league?

Forwards man not wingers.

Rich102

Staff member
Any truth to the rumour that Cam George has ordered 20,000 cardboard figures for Mt Smart next year?

Big Marn

Juniors
Found an article that says we have made contact with Adam Elliotts agent regarding next year. Same article mentioned Jack de Bellin which we knew about. Couldn't find anything about Elliott on here so thought I would mention it. The link converts into nospam so can't paste it.

One Warrior

Bench
I'm putting this here in the rumour thread, it is my theory about Rudolf, we all know that he had a verbal agreement with the Warriors for three years which he wanted to back out of on compassionate grounds, the Warriors fought hard to hold him to the agreement, hence the long delay before the Sharks announced his extension. However Rudolf has only extended with the Sharks for 2021, all this time for only a one year extension, the Warriors were trying very hard to keep him to his commitment, Rudolf available again 2022. My theory is Warriors accepted Rudolf's request to not come here for 2021 on compassionate grounds, as long as he signed for the Warriors for 2022 and beyond. Less than two months until November 1st, watch this space,