What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Re-start to season

Kilkenny

Coach
According to Fox Sports our predicted side once season get’s underway could look like;

PENRITH PANTHERS

1. Dylan Edwards 2. Josh Mansour 3. Dean Whare 4. Brent Naden 5. Brian To’o 6. Jarome Luai 7. Nathan Cleary 8. James Tamou 9. Api Koroisau 10. Zane Tetevano 11. Viliame Kikau 12. Isaah Yeo 13. James Fisher-Harris. 14. Kurt Capewell 15. Liam Martin 16. Stephen Crichton 17. Moses Leota

Arguably close to our best line up on paper, allowing for the fact Jack Hetherington is suspended and most on here probably wouldn’t pick him anyway given his issues to some. Jack would be in my 17 if not for his suspension.

Cleary has been suspended for two matches, so too has Tyrone May.

Regarding May, he’s now been suspended further before his previous suspension has been finished. Can’t see why he should stay at the club, it’s farcical.

Tronald Crump

Juniors
Cleary has been suspended for two matches, so too has Tyrone May.

Regarding May, he’s now been suspended further before his previous suspension has been finished. Can’t see why he should stay at the club, it’s farcical.

May should go. I will be glad when he is gone. He is nothing but a bad influence who constantly gets into trouble.
Let his contract run out and give his spot to a young kid looking for an opportunity.

franklin2323

Immortal
Given how poor we are from set starts the 6 again rule in theory helps us. Less time for teams to exploit it for this year anyway

forby

Juniors
Absolute joke of a rule! You will be able to slow the ptb when the opposition is in their own end without fear of a penalty to give them territory.
Imagine leading by 2 with a few minutes to go. You just continually hold down because you know that they can’t kick for goal!
Wrestling will get worse not better!

franklin2323

Immortal
Absolute joke of a rule! You will be able to slow the ptb when the opposition is in their own end without fear of a penalty to give them territory.
Imagine leading by 2 with a few minutes to go. You just continually hold down because you know that they can’t kick for goal!
Wrestling will get worse not better!

teams rarely take the 2 anyway. You don’t think it will flow more now? when teams aren’t getting a chance to set their lines after a 30 sec rest?
A fast game gets rid of wrestle

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
teams rarely take the 2 anyway. You don’t think it will flow more now? when teams aren’t getting a chance to set their lines after a 30 sec rest?
A fast game gets rid of wrestle

I agree. With the 6 again rule, you won't have time to wrestle. I believe it could work very well. Also will bring in genuine fatigue into the game.

Panther Mick

Juniors
5 day turn around though

Yet the Broncos have a 7 day turn around, Parramatta and the Titans a 9 day turn around.
Cowboys an 8 day turn around.

Surely things could have been tweaked better. The players haven't been training properly and I fear many of them will be underdone. Let alone pose a greater risk of injury.

murraymob

Coach
Given the draw we should be real happy both are winnable games.Win we sit on 8 points and get Cleary back .Ask us would we be sitting on 8 points at the start of the year no one would have said it would happen

franklin2323

Immortal
According to Fox Sports our predicted side once season get’s underway could look like;

PENRITH PANTHERS

1. Dylan Edwards 2. Josh Mansour 3. Dean Whare 4. Brent Naden 5. Brian To’o 6. Jarome Luai 7. Nathan Cleary 8. James Tamou 9. Api Koroisau 10. Zane Tetevano 11. Viliame Kikau 12. Isaah Yeo 13. James Fisher-Harris. 14. Kurt Capewell 15. Liam Martin 16. Stephen Crichton 17. Moses Leota

Arguably close to our best line up on paper, allowing for the fact Jack Hetherington is suspended and most on here probably wouldn’t pick him anyway given his issues to some. Jack would be in my 17 if not for his suspension.

Leinu possibly goes in but will be good to almost have a full strength side run out