What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Duffy Options...

Jersey No 14

Juniors
Right-t-oh you lot. Here we go.
Question.
How's Duffy's intelligence?
I have a dream! - See him play as a five-eighth.
What I do know - he's very fast, agile and is the right size.
He can pass, can tackle - well no worse than what we've currently got.
He's motivated by the Sword of Damocles hanging over his head and has a point to prove.
He's done considerable time in 1st Grade now: And he knows the drill.
So begs the question - How's the man's intelligence?

Maybe our beloved Futher need's to give this a trial in park football first.

Sorry - My experience sees something which under current circumstances is worth a trial.
We're going to be bottom 4 anyway... All Hail Optimism

Rebuke in your own inevitable manner.

RufusRex

Post Whore
Well he cant tackle, his "passing game" is better than aitkens granted but still miles short of a 5/8 .. his kicking game is absent and his vision seems to be look at the touch judge and run at him ...

the clubs best use of dufty would be as a bargaining chit and not much else.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
No idea what Dufty's intelligence is like.

When I think 5/8 I automatically think Wally Lewis. He was a big guy for a 5/8, he could tackle, he could break a tackle, he could run, he could kick, he could set up his outside backs and he had the best pass I've ever seen. I don't expect anyone in the Dragons to come close to that skill set, but Dufty has only one trick up his sleeve and that's his speed.

That's a pretty good trick but you need more than that to be a decent 5/8.

redv13

Bench
Pros: blinding speed, can pass
Cons: can’t tackle, cant catch, has attitude problems, is small, gets ragged dolled in the in goal area, gets ragged doll over the sideline, refuses to bring the ball back from kicks 90% of the time, is probably best mates with Aitken, probably washes Mcflops car every week and holds his schooner glasses for him

Crush

Coach
I still think Matt Dufty is worth pursuing with at fullback for this season given there is nobody else at our club in the top 30 better than him. See if he can build his confidence and start owning the position.
If he is still dropping bombs though cancel experiment. You can't have a fullback that can't catch.
The ragdolling I can sort of tolerate, sort of. But dropping bombs, nah.
I hope he has a good season. Its nice to have at least 1 player that can score a length of the field try, god knows nobody else in the team can.

LINESPEED

Juniors
Right-t-oh you lot. Here we go.
Question.
How's Duffy's intelligence?
I have a dream! - See him play as a five-eighth.
What I do know - he's very fast, agile and is the right size.
He can pass, can tackle - well no worse than what we've currently got.
He's motivated by the Sword of Damocles hanging over his head and has a point to prove.
He's done considerable time in 1st Grade now: And he knows the drill.
So begs the question - How's the man's intelligence?

Maybe our beloved Futher need's to give this a trial in park football first.

Sorry - My experience sees something which under current circumstances is worth a trial.
We're going to be bottom 4 anyway... All Hail Optimism

Rebuke in your own inevitable manner.

Agree mate.

Norman cost us The Spoon last year, and was otherwise AWOL anyway.

So your idea keeps our X-factor

- who’s won maybe 2-3 games for us alone -

& frees fullback for Ramsay & allows Zac to centre,

Once
Ryan Webb
on
Day 41
Succeeds in honing his lobbying skills to have the Junior roadblocker & Finance fuc/ker

(aka Mc56/57/113) terminated

....so at least our radio waves can be freed from the trash talking driveller

to_ddeath

Coach
Release both him & Norman...give youth a run in both spots, take a few risks & they’ll still probably offer more than both of the above combined.
And then I woke up, saw Mehrys head & nearly vomited....

hazzbeen

Bench
I still think Matt Dufty is worth pursuing with at fullback for this season given there is nobody else at our club in the top 30 better than him. See if he can build his confidence and start owning the position.
If he is still dropping bombs though cancel experiment. You can't have a fullback that can't catch.
I hope he has a good season. Its nice to have at least 1 player that can score a length of the field try, god knows nobody else in the team can.
Agree he needs to be in the team somewhere even if its off the bench , but used right can do things that no one else in the team can do , score tries from anywhere ......

TruSaint

Referee

Think this is right.
he's either a FB, or he's not in the squad for me.

Few areas, defensive reads from the back, cleaning up grubbers by reading the play at fullback, improve defence one on one, and taking bombs wholeheartedly.

Not seen enough on Zac at FB, so Dufty still has a chance.
Simply put for me, its fullback or reggies.

blacksafake

First Grade
He’s a fullback, atm.
Who knows in a few years from now he MAY make a dummy half but for now imo, he needs to be our fullback for the rest of the year & hopefully be given the right coaching to succeed. If not move him on. As others have said he’s our only one who can score tries from anywhere.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Dufty is a bit of an enigma to me.

Yes we all get that orgasmic feeling when he's in clear space and using his speed, however, the blight of dropped bombs and getting rag-dolled so easily us his Achilles heel. Defensively, This area is also a bit of a quandary as our right side defense has, over the last 4 years or so, been a revolving door.

For any fullback there has to be balance of attack and defense, unfortunately, Dufty's scales tilt too farvto the attack side. Scoring 1 or 2 tries doesn't cancel out letting in 2 or 3, as well as putting defensive pressure on the rest of the team.

Besides, we have Lomax (who should be playing centre), Ramsey, Schiller and a youngster from SG Ball (I think) but whose name escapes me right now.
So, putting all our eggs in the Dufty basket would be disadvantageous in the long run, imo