What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Rabbitohs Draw

callmack1

Staff member
It's that time of year again!! The Draw for next year gets released tomorrow and I honestly can't wait! Draw release is always exciting! Sadly, I'm at work all day so will be itching to get home in the evening and see it!

NRL draw for 2020 to be announced on Tuesday: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/10/28...ff-times-fixtures-broadcasters-and-match-ups/

Round 1 has already been leaked, I like that we're playing the Sharks at home on a Saturday, that'll be a nice way to kick off the Season. Here's the Round 1 fixtures from Sporting News,

NRL - Round 1 fixtures for 2020 Season leaked

Eels v Bulldogs @ Bankwest Stadium, Thursday, March 12, 8.05pm (AEDT).

Raiders v Titans @ GIO Stadium, Friday, March 13, 6.00pm (AEDT).

Cowboys v Broncos @ Townsville Stadium, Friday, March 13, 8.05pm (AEDT).

Knights v Warriors @ McDonald Jones Stadium, Saturday, March 14, 3.00pm (AEDT).

Rabbitohs v Sharks @ ANZ Stadium, Saturday, March 14, 5.30pm (AEDT).

Panthers v Roosters @ Panthers Stadium, Saturday, March 14, 7.35pm (AEDT).

Sea Eagles v Storm @ Lottoland, Sunday, March 15, 4.05pm (AEDT).

Dragons v Tigers @ WIN Stadium, Sunday, March 15, 6.15pm (AEDT).

Plus Fox Sports revealed this,

Revealed - 12 mouth-watering games from the 2020 NRL draw you won’t want to miss: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/acc830f36798908cbb19cd61377db20f

So, so far we know this about our 2020 Draw,

Round 1 - Home vs Sharks
Round 2 - Away vs Broncos
Round 3 - Home vs Roosters
Round 5 - Home vs Bulldogs
Round 10 - Away vs Tigers

God, I'm so excited for tomorrow!!

callmack1

Staff member
Exciting times!!

I know it's a tougher Draw than we had in 2019 but to be honest, I'm quite happy with it. The only not so great points are the fact that we have a lot more Thursday night games (some people like that but I don't), the Origin period schedule is similar to 2019 and many of the teams expected to be towards the bottom of the ladder, we play once. However, you never really know with that point because teams can change so much. Heck, we might even be one of those teams! I hope not but you just never know. One other not so great point is that there's no game in NZ for me next year which is a shame. But I kinda expected that as we've been lucky two years in a row now.

Other than that, I like it to be honest. Better sceduling over all and I really like the fact that most of our games are on a Saturday next year. Gonna be a bumper start to the year with some great match ups!

So yea, exciting times! Always exciting when the Draw is released!

NovoBunny94

Juniors
Tough draw
We play Melbourne, Raiders, Broncos, Roosters, Dragons, Tigers twice.
Our first 4 games are against finals teams and the premiers as well as minor premiers in back to back games. Tough first month of footy

Travitoh

First Grade
3 five day turn arounds is a bit stiff, especially when one leads into a trip to NQ.
I don't have a problem with the teams Souths play twice. If they're going to be good enough to win the premiership, they'll be good enough to get past other contenders during the season.
The first month of the season will give us all a good idea of where Souths are likely to be in 2020.

Rabbits20

Immortal
It’s great that we have a number of 5:30 Saturday arvo games.

From what I read as well we don’t have the best draw around origin time again.

I’m really looking forward to our game on Sunday arvo 2pm against the Dragons. I do love Sunday arvo footy.

callmack1

Staff member
From Zero Tackle,

A lot of people are saying if this is true, it'll be tough. Now that's true but at the same time, how good is it going to be?! We get a series of bumper games! Also, to be the best you've got to beat the best so I don't mind who we play.

Who will your NRL club play twice in 2020?

There are 14 NRL fixtures that look set to take place twice in a significantly reduced NRL season in 2020, reports The Sydney Morning Herald.

Broadcasters and the NRL will sit down over the coming weeks to finalise a fixture ahead of the season restart.

Latrell Mitchell will face his old teammates twice, Wayne Bennet looks set to coach against the broncos on two occasions and the Canberra Raiders will get two chances to exact Grand Final revenge on the Roosters.

Clubs are awaiting the NRL’s decision regarding the new-look 2020 fixture as the NRL and its broadcast partners attempt to put together a fixture that considers broadcast preferences, ratings, rivalries and competition fairness when allocating the five teams that each side will have to play twice.

Under the current broadcast arrangement, Channel Nine gets 65 picks of the 192 game season – selections that were made last August in preparation for the 2020 draw. That is expected to be largely reduced due to the length of season. The NRL also picks 10 free-to-air games, while Fox Sports gets to provide its preferred time slot for certain games.

Channel nine had declared 12 fixtures strong enough to have both encounters aired on free-to-air, these didn’t include the Grand Final replay as these decisions are submitted pre finals the year ahead.

The NRL later added to Nine’s schedule by the NRL, who is given the authority to select 10 free-to-air games on top of Nine’s 65.

Nine tend to like broadcasting games between teams from two different states to maximise television ratings by reaching a wider audience.

Other games outside of the original non-negotiable that will likely be seen twice are the returning Valentine Holmes against the Sharks as well as the traditional ANZAC Day fixture between the Dragons and Roosters.

Who your team will play twice this Season
Broncos – Eels, Cowboys, Roosters, Storm, Rabbitohs

Eels – Broncos, Sea Eagles, Dragons, Rabbitohs, Panthers

Dragons – Sharks, Roosters, Eels, Tigers, Raiders

Panthers – Tigers, Warriors, Cowboys, Sea Eagles, Eels

Sea Eagles – Knights, Eels, Storm, Panthers, Sharks

Rabbitohs – Roosters, Storm, Bulldogs, Eels, Broncos

Storm – Cowboys, Rabbitohs, Sea Eagles, Broncos, Roosters

Cowboys – Storm, Broncos, Panthers, Sharks, Titans

Sharks – Dragons, Titans, Knights, Cowboys, Sea Eagles

Tigers – Panthers, Bulldogs, Titans, Dragons, Knights

Roosters – Rabbitohs, Dragons, Broncos, Raiders, Storm

Raiders – Bulldogs, Knights, Warriors, Roosters, Dragons

Bulldogs – Raiders, Tigers, Rabbitohs, Titans, Warriors

Knights – Sea Eagles, Raiders, Sharks, Warriors, Tigers

Titans – Warriors, Sharks, Tigers, Bulldogs, Cowboys

Warriors – Titans, Panthers, Raiders, Knights, Bulldogs

Rabbits20

Immortal
If that's our thinking then we don't deserve to play Finals. I'd much rather get through with a harder Draw so I'm keen as!
Having one of the harder draws for mine just means it lowers our chances of making the top 4. If you don’t make the 4 then it’s nearly impossible to win the comp.

Rabbits20

Immortal

Well what a tough start to the restart of the season for us.

We have Roosters and Storm respectively on Friday nights.

callmack1

Staff member
Rivalries and intrigue headline Round three draw for NRL restart: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2...ue-headline-round-three-draw-for-nrl-restart/

NRL Telstra Premiership to make blockbuster return: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2020/05/15/nrl-telstra-premiership-to-make-blockbuster-return/

Faster and more unpredictable - Abdo thrilled to have NRL restarting: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2...ictable-abdo-thrilled-to-have-nrl-restarting/

Exciting to have Rounds 2 and 3 confirmed! It's essentially those Rounds as they would have been for us anyway if the Season wasn't suspended. Tough restart for us but hopefully we can rise to the challenge!

Rabbits20

Immortal
Revealed – The three NSW Stadiums the NRL will use for restarted Season: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...n/news-story/f5a612fbdefec31bbc135a29f6e72639

Iconic surburban NRL ground tipped to miss out: https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/nrl-cl...ext-week/be140dcd-87ce-4ac7-9a52-be9b511961d6
Well BankWest it is then.

Also I noticed it seems that we are now the away side for our round 3 match. I guess it just means the boys will be in our away jersey and we won’t hear Glory Glory when the boys run on.