What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question on Peter V'landys

PVL ...good for RL or not?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Perth Red

Post Whore
I look forward to our NRL finals ready boutique 25,000 stadium, overlooking Botany Bay.

You should come for game, Leagues club the one built in, goes off.

Great times have been had, and more to be had.

You need reefy for 4am sambucas.

been,twice, it was Sht.

Perth Red

Post Whore
He’s sounding more like Trump ever day!

A flabbergasted V’landys, who blasted Del Vecchio’s ‘confrontational and misleading’ approach, told WWOS Radio when asked about the threat of strike action: “I don’t think it’ll get to that stage because they will become the most unpopular people in Australia if they did that.

“I don’t think any group would put the game at such risk, and their own futures at risk.

“I don’t think the leadership of this association is representative of the referees.

“I think the referees are good people that will not stand in the way of the game commencing.”
https://www.nospam47.com/au/league/...e-slams-prlmo-boss/1v9di5d8lsj8i17sy63cle8ppo

taipan

Referee

A flabbergasted V’landys, who blasted Del Vecchio’s ‘confrontational and misleading’ approach, told WWOS Radio when asked about the threat of strike action: “I don’t think it’ll get to that stage because they will become the most unpopular people in Australia if they did that.

“I don’t think any group would put the game at such risk, and their own futures at risk.

“I don’t think the leadership of this association is representative of the referees.

“I think the referees are good people that will not stand in the way of the game commencing.”
https://www.nospam47.com/au/league/...e-slams-prlmo-boss/1v9di5d8lsj8i17sy63cle8ppo

Well get on to ch9 and vote him out ,like Greenberg.

Del Vecchio at one stage said striking would be irresponsible, now does a 360. Gotta laugh.

Storm80

Juniors

Yep why would employees being made redundant without consultation be upset? It’s the refs fault the game might not be able to re-start... My god just consult some stakeholders ffs and stop playing this out in front of the media for the benefit of PVL... The fact the board and ex football players are bending a knee to this ordinary decision making is astonishing.

The reason the game started in 1908 is for players to get a fair go and allow the working class to get paid... now it seems like a very elitist league uncaring of the working man will to throw anyone to the wolves. Maybe less of the horse racing philosophy and a bit more of the old school rugby league philosophy is needed with the refs before making them redundant

Storm80

Juniors
Rugby League history lessons done by a Victorian.

It's cute like a dog taught to shake hands.

Haha someone gotta remind u of your roots

Regardless of where i was born or lived I bet I know Rugby League, and Aussie rules, history better than most.

I love how you didn’t challenge the validity of what I said, just focused on where I was born.

Cause i haven’t lived most of my life in Victoria sweetheart. Been in QLD, NSW and ACT.

Been a Easts Tigers fan since 88 too babe. Love sharing QRL teams with a genius like yourself

Just focus on the legitimacy of my comments, not on my origin

Desert Qlder

First Grade

Regardless of where i was born or lived I bet I know Rugby League, and Aussie rules, history better than most.

I love how you didn’t challenge the validity of what I said, just focused on where I was born.

Cause i haven’t lived most of my life in Victoria sweetheart. Been in QLD, NSW and ACT.

Been a Easts Tigers fan since 88 too babe. Love sharing QRL teams with a genius like yourself

Babe? Sweetheart?

Someone has been watching too much MAFS.

Perth Red

Post Whore
He is obviously an autocratic leader who is used to just saying this is how it will be. Not bad when you need to get unpopular but necessary decisions through but never great for long term culture of an organisation. I reckon he will bail soon after the game starts back up and tv deal done as eventually the other partners in the game will gang up and force him out with his attitude. Apart from news ltd reporters he doesn’t seem to be winning many allies.

Me thinks the Perth Rl fan ( lol AFL FAN) is not happy that there is someone running RL who has balls .
The constant stream of negativity is hilarious.

big hit!

Bench
Me thinks the Perth Rl fan ( lol AFL FAN) is not happy that there is someone running RL who has balls .
The constant stream of negativity is hilarious.

Is he supposed to be running it? I thought he was brought in as a Non-executive Chairman.

He's making rule changes the same way some nob at the pub brings up an idea saying this is what should be done. In reality, these changes need consultation and trialing.

PR is right - there's no way he's going to hang around and be CEO of two sports which is what he's doing at the moment. He is CEO of Racing NSW and he's having meetings about Rugby League at Racing NSW.

What's going to be hilarious is how his changes will be peeled back as soon as he's gone.

LeagueXIII

First Grade
Yep why would employees being made redundant without consultation be upset? It’s the refs fault the game might not be able to re-start... My god just consult some stakeholders ffs and stop playing this out in front of the media for the benefit of PVL... The fact the board and ex football players are bending a knee to this ordinary decision making is astonishing.

The reason the game started in 1908 is for players to get a fair go and allow the working class to get paid... now it seems like a very elitist league uncaring of the working man will to throw anyone to the wolves. Maybe less of the horse racing philosophy and a bit more of the old school rugby league philosophy is needed with the refs before making them redundant

Too much money and business self interest at stake nowadays.

The game restarting so early was for Fox's benefit, no other.

LeagueXIII

First Grade
He is obviously an autocratic leader who is used to just saying this is how it will be. Not bad when you need to get unpopular but necessary decisions through but never great for long term culture of an organisation. I reckon he will bail soon after the game starts back up and tv deal done as eventually the other partners in the game will gang up and force him out with his attitude. Apart from news ltd reporters he doesn’t seem to be winning many allies.

Unless he was always there to be a change agent. Remember Greenberg was gone pandemic or not. The pandemic just provided a convenient smokescreen. As they say crisis provides opportunity.

LeagueXIII

First Grade
Is he supposed to be running it? I thought he was brought in as a Non-executive Chairman.

He's making rule changes the same way some nob at the pub brings up an idea saying this is what should be done. In reality, these changes need consultation and trialing.

PR is right - there's no way he's going to hang around and be CEO of two sports which is what he's doing at the moment. He is CEO of Racing NSW and he's having meetings about Rugby League at Racing NSW.

What's going to be hilarious is how his changes will be peeled back as soon as he's gone.

Unfortunately the biggest change won't be, that is the getting into bed with News Corp again, we were getting away from them now we are closer then ever.

Canard

Immortal

@Desert Qlder can correct me on this but in my memory of the BRL "Easts Tigers" is not commonly used when referring to that team(even if it's technically correct)

Most people would say Brisbane Easts or Eastern Suburbs, maybe that's changed since 87 though.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Unless he was always there to be a change agent. Remember Greenberg was gone pandemic or not. The pandemic just provided a convenient smokescreen. As they say crisis provides opportunity.

yeh and that probably cost the game around $500k when they could have just waited for his contract to run out in October. At a time when nrl wasteage of money is in the spotlight no one seems to have questioned this?

Latest posts