What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 3 vs the Knights

Panther Mick

Juniors
We are back.
Round 3 will be against the Knights, with a venue yet to be announced.
No Nathan for us but the Knights will be missing Ponga.

franklin2323

Immortal
Perfect opportunities for Luai and Burton.
Luai can step up and cement his spot in FG with strong performances in rounds 3 & 4. He needs to take charge.
If he doesn't Burton gets a golden chance to kick down the door and take his position.

That is the bright side to Cleary’s stupidity. Gives 2 weeks to have a look at Burton.

Everyone of note fit now. I want to see Leinu and Capewell come into the 17

kinghippo

Juniors
The knights are a pretty good team to get first.
Their line up will be quite unsettled after loosing their 1 & 9, hopefully it balances out the loss of Nathan.
A little bit of nines revenge could give a bit of extra motivation too, although I doubt it’s needed.

TheFrog

Coach
We've got their forward pack covered pretty comfortably I believe. If they do their job and Pearce can't operate we'll be right.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Thankfully we have some footy to talk about.

Like most, I’m super pumped to see Romey and Burto get a run.

Romey has been toiling away for a few seasons now, can’t wait to see him take control of the team.

Burto, well he could be anything! Hopefully he digs in and plays well.

I expect Api will decide this one. He’ll need to do a lot without Cleary on the field.

Big games from Nado and Kiks is my prediction.

franklin2323

Immortal
Thankfully we have some footy to talk about.

Like most, I’m super pumped to see Romey and Burto get a run.

Romey has been toiling away for a few seasons now, can’t wait to see him take control of the team.

Burto, well he could be anything! Hopefully he digs in and plays well.

I expect Api will decide this one. He’ll need to do a lot without Cleary on the field.

Big games from Nado and Kiks is my prediction.

Edwards for me has to prove he is the one for the FB jersey even though he re-signed

Kilkenny

Coach
Edwards for me has to prove he is the one for the FB jersey even though he re-signed

Dylan Edwards is a fine player and strengthens the side with his return. Other than the absence of the two knuckleheads we are in pretty good shape and it will be good to see how the Burton & Luai pairing perform.

franklin2323

Immortal
Dylan Edwards is a fine player and strengthens the side with his return. Other than the absence of the two knuckleheads we are in pretty good shape and it will be good to see how the Burton & Luai pairing perform.

3 knuckleheads counting Hetherington. We are in good shape but I presume Crichton will be on the bench and has been going well when he comes on. The simple thing is just put him on for Edwards.. hopefully the players make it hard for the coaches

Kilkenny

Coach
3 knuckleheads counting Hetherington. We are in good shape but I presume Crichton will be on the bench and has been going well when he comes on. The simple thing is just put him on for Edwards.. hopefully the players make it hard for the coaches

Jack is much maligned, but I am convinced there is a really footy player in there somewhere.

I know Jack is not everyone’s cup of tea on here but he has been unfairly treated in my opinion in some of his suspension’s.

I rate the kid I think he could be anything, he just needs a run in the top side and we will reap the benefit.

Sadly, he starts this interrupted season yet again behind the 8 ball and from the outside looking in. If we perform well and continue winning he ain’t gonna figure in our top 17.

franklin2323

Immortal
Jack is much maligned, but I am convinced there is a really footy player in there somewhere.

I know Jack is not everyone’s cup of tea on here but he has been unfairly treated in my opinion in some of his suspension’s.

I rate the kid I think he could be anything, he just needs a run in the top side and we will reap the benefit.

Sadly, he starts this interrupted season yet again behind the 8 ball and from the outside looking in. If we perform well and continue winning he ain’t gonna figure in our top 17.

The issue for him and others not in the top side is no lower grades. So I see it hard for those outside to push in and what makes his suspension dumb

Kilkenny

Coach
I see the Warriors have been dealt significant blows losing two front rowers to long term injuries sustained in training.

I see the Warriors have been dealt significant blows losing two front rowers to long term injuries sustained in training.

They have had a bad run.
In the pre season they lost Afoa, Curran, and the up and comer Jackson Frei to long term injuries.
Elisia Katoa in the two matches he has played looks promising.
Curran is fit now, but the other two will be big losses. I rate Jazz and Ah Mau is very underrated.
A tough year for them.

Kilkenny

Coach
Jack Hetherington was not sighted in 2019 and there are reasons why that was the case.

He got a bit of a reputation in 2018 and was outed on a couple of occasions. It was my personal opinion at the time he was rather harshly dealt with and his reputation was largely unwarranted and more over enthusiasm rather than malicious or grubby acts of violence.

I think he is too big a talent to see him lost to the Panthers. We have recently lost Shaun Blore which is a big shame but I understand the reasons why. I hope Jack doesn’t go the same way because I think he is coming into an age, size and maturity where he will soon reach is peak and his peak just could be very very good. He is big, rangy, powerful, mobile and really has all the attributes to be much better than average.

Latest posts