What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cody Walker being blackmailed

Canard

Immortal
Souths broom used again.....

I'll take a stab at how the media will handle this, it won't mention "mental health".

Chook Norris

First Grade
It’s equally as murky as the content of the video.

No doubt (well, hopefully no doubt and not just a Gwen Stefani song) the answers will come out eventually..

My hypothesis/guess is it has the feel that someone had the footage, wanted to make some quick $$. By Cody going to the police they decided to leak it anyway..

Questions for me are:
- Who filmed it?
- Who was allegedly asking for $20k?
- Is it actually Cody in there as alleged?
- Does the alleged blackmailer know Cody or is it a random?
- Is the recipient of the boot looking to press charges now?
- Why hasn’t Gwen Stefani aged in over 20 years?

Simple fact remains though.. Don’t act like a twat on camera.

Actually don’t act like a twat in general..

My major questions are now:
- Should have Cody reported this? Arguably yes. If not, why not?
- Did Souths know about this last year like some are alleging? If so, NRL needs to come down hard.

yobbo84

First Grade
This is clearly the worst off-field event of the past decade. He should be sacked, de-registered and the club should lose competition points. What a horrendous, despicable act. What a joke. Watch the NRL sweep this under the carpet once again.

:rolleyes:

Vic Mackey

Referee
What did NAS get for getting filmed belting dudes in Bali?

He needs to go for that plus another week or two as there’s no way he can claim self defence

BadnMean

Juniors
Gotta say that Wayne Bennett's legendary man management skills are doing wonders down at Souffs. Well oiled machine with all players knowing they're for the high jump if they step out of line while Wayne is at the helm.

Spot On

Coach
- Did Souths know about this last year like some are alleging? If so, NRL needs to come down hard.

...and here we have the points that matter most.

Great post.

typicalfan

Coach

No doubt (well, hopefully no doubt and not just a Gwen Stefani song) the answers will come out eventually..

My hypothesis/guess is it has the feel that someone had the footage, wanted to make some quick $$. By Cody going to the police they decided to leak it anyway..

Questions for me are:
- Who filmed it?

What about the alleged attempted blackmail. What is the simple fact?
Was it kept from the NRL though, it looks like the player is on the front foot with this at least.

The alleged blackmail is possibly worse. All you need to do is bait an NRL player and film it and then try to extort it if this pans out as Walker's fault.

Go Bunnies

Juniors
Gotta say that Wayne Bennett's legendary man management skills are doing wonders down at Souffs. Well oiled machine with all players knowing they're for the high jump if they step out of line while Wayne is at the helm.
Wayne Bennett - the gift that keeps on giving:weary:

wazdog

Juniors

Questions for me are:
- Who filmed it?

Don't speak...

Is what they all should have agreed to per the rules of fight club.

In all seriousness though, I've just watched the full 2 minute video and it would appear that the fight was staged and Cody came running into to defend his cousin not knowing this. The two guys basically shake hands after it all.

Should he cop a fine? Probably. If the person involve doesn't press charges it should probably be left at that.

Perth Red

Post Whore