What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFrog

Coach
May could have a mediocre year and still get a new deal here. Helps when your best friend is the coach's son.
I reckon it would have helped him that when the girls fronted up he went in his room. This might have gone unnoticed in the media who are fixated on the negative and the sensational but I doubt it went unnoticed at the club.

martielang

Bench
Can see both sides of the coin. Interesting decision to let him go, but he’s obviously got a good opportunity at the Tigers & given his injury record of late, deserves to take it imo.

Going back many years but I would of liked to see VTK get a run in first grade. I still think he would of made a decent go of it - he could play.

franklin2323

Immortal
Can see both sides of the coin. Interesting decision to let him go, but he’s obviously got a good opportunity at the Tigers & given his injury record of late, deserves to take it imo.

Going back many years but I would of liked to see VTK get a run in first grade. I still think he would of made a decent go of it - he could play.

Even a $300k offer from WT would of made no sense for us to match given the circumstances. How Burns and Martin kick on while be what decides if it was a good decision or not

Adam jeffries

Juniors
There will be more to go with the change of the Salary Cap kids will be looking for opportunities while clubs will need to stick to the try and tested , Penrith would be struggling with Cap room to keep these players, especially with some bad contracts like Whare and Mansour.Which would put pressure on them keeping Chricton and Adkins,

Dave's mate

Juniors
Even a $300k offer from WT would of made no sense for us to match given the circumstances. How Burns and Martin kick on while be what decides if it was a good decision or not
Here's where singing Capewell might bite us hard. Handy player but I don't think he was needed

franklin2323

Immortal
Here's where singing Capewell might bite us hard. Handy player but I don't think he was needed

He gives us a proven FG though. Which we need though also covers several positions

Kikau
Yeo
JFH

Should be our backrow for 5 years. Fill the bench out with guys that can play several positions abit of experience helps too

franklin2323

Immortal
There will be more to go with the change of the Salary Cap kids will be looking for opportunities while clubs will need to stick to the try and tested , Penrith would be struggling with Cap room to keep these players, especially with some bad contracts like Whare and Mansour.Which would put pressure on them keeping Chricton and Adkins,

Every side needs to shed players. The focus will be on getting 32 guys that can play FG this year. No lower grades is the problem for rookies so I agree try and tested is the go

Dave's mate

Juniors
He gives us a proven FG though. Which we need though also covers several positions

Kikau
Yeo
JFH

Should be our backrow for 5 years. Fill the bench out with guys that can play several positions abit of experience helps too
All 3 of those might be props in 5 years funnily enough.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Really rate him that highly? Interesting you normally rate the game and players pretty well. I don't see that level in him myself

Not me mate, The Queensland coaching staff have said he’s in the picture for selection.

I’m personally not crazy impressed by him, but I don’t think he’ll let us down. I was happy we picked him up, but not pumped by it.

franklin2323

Immortal
Not me mate, The Queensland coaching staff have said he’s in the picture for selection.

I’m personally not crazy impressed by him, but I don’t think he’ll let us down. I was happy we picked him up, but not pumped by it.

Game 3 last year it was him or Mybe. They went Mybe

Kilkenny

Coach
The Luke Capewell signing for me was always unnecessary given we had far more pressing issues in other areas and losing Blore is collateral damage as a result. Hopefully Capewell will prove his worth only time will tell.

franklin2323

Immortal
The Luke Capewell signing for me was always unnecessary given we had far more pressing issues in other areas and losing Blore is collateral damage as a result. Hopefully Capewell will prove his worth only time will tell.

Different type of players though. Both bring different things

GongPanther

Referee
St Helens have held discussions with James Tamou about a move to the Totally Wicked Stadium next year.

League Express can reveal the former Australia forward is one of the Saints’ top targets for the 2021 season and he has been identified as a potential replacement for the outgoing Luke Thompson, who will join Canterbury Bulldogs next season.

Talks are understood to have commenced before the suspension of the Super League season. And although the financial implications of the pandemic are set to sting clubs, Saints are still believed to be keen on bringing the 31-year-old to the club.

Tamou, a 14-time Australia international, is off-contract with the Panthers at the end of the season.
He signed a four-year deal with the Panthers in 2017 that was reportedly worth $750,000 (£400,000) per year, after an impressive spell with North Queensland Cowboys.

That deal came off the back of several years playing representative rugby for New South Wales and Australia, after he debuted for both in 2012. But he hasn’t played State of Origin or for the Kangaroos since joining the Panthers and will be 32 at the start of the 2021 season.

Despite that, St Helens head coach Kristian Woolf remains an admirer of the forward. The Saints coach knows Tamou following their days together at the Cowboys, having been on the coaching staff for the final two years of Tamou’s tenure at the club.

The Super League Champions have halted negotiations with their current players who are coming off-contract at the end of the season as the pandemic plays out and it’s believed the same can be said of Tamou in relation to the Panthers.

Crucially, St Helens have a quota spot available and CEO Mike Rush has managed to assemble the club’s title-winning squad while keeping space on their salary cap, making a move for Tamou viable.

The club didn’t make a single signing ahead of the 2020 season, giving Woolf time to assess his squad and recruit when the right players became available.

With Thompson on his way out, recruiting a frontrower has become a priority, and while James Graham has been linked with a return to the club, there is not thought to have been any contact between the two at this time.

https://www.totalrl.com/saints-ready-to-swoop-for-nrl-star/

Would Tamou consider re-signing if he knew we are on the cusp of something good?

Status
Not open for further replies.