What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

franklin2323

Immortal
Crichton is already signed to the end of 2021. Maybe he needs an upgrade.
To'o we need to keep. MWZ and May can piss off. Ellis won't be retained.
Should be enough for a respectable offer to Tamou.

Fox Sports had him off contract. Add Jed and Dean Blore to that list. Got options to bring in more experience or upgrade which is good

Kilkenny

Coach
There is still a need to have four players in the 30 on the minimum.

I think what happens with Tamou will be interesting?

while I think he has been a very good signing overall he is turning 32 next season so perhaps we should go in a different direction. I think his preference is to stay but he will want the security of a two year deal. Not sure which way the club will go on this one.

franklin2323

Immortal
There is still a need to have four players in the 30 on the minimum.

I think what happens with Tamou will be interesting?

while I think he has been a very good signing overall he is turning 32 next season so perhaps we should go in a different direction. I think his preference is to stay but he will want the security of a two year deal. Not sure which way the club will go on this one.

For me I can see why we aren’t rushing to sign him. I wouldn’t re-sign him we need the money elsewhere

franklin2323

Immortal
Personally, I think he would be good value extending him for two years on a reduced deal of say $400k a season.

Depends on the backs. I rate Crichton. Naden has looked better both will need upgrades. To’o is off contract end of this year.

Sort those 3 out 1st. Then fill the squad around that there will be plenty of decent forwards we can pick up should Tamou sign elsewhere in the meantime

Kilkenny

Coach
Depends on the backs. I rate Crichton. Naden has looked better both will need upgrades. To’o is off contract end of this year.

Sort those 3 out 1st. Then fill the squad around that there will be plenty of decent forwards we can pick up should Tamou sign elsewhere in the meantime

I have faith the powers in control will manage our salary cap effectively. I thought Gould did a great job overall, even if some didn’t, and I have faith the current management will do a good job.

We have a strong roster, not perfect, and not a competition winning squad, but we are not far off. We have been not far off for quite a few seasons since probably 2016 just one or two really quality players. We have to unearth the quality from within we aren’t going to sign the superstar or superstars to get us to that next level.

franklin2323

Immortal
I have faith the powers in control will manage our salary cap effectively. I thought Gould did a great job overall, even if some didn’t, and I have faith the current management will do a good job.

We have a strong roster, not perfect, and not a competition winning squad, but we are not far off. We have been not far off for quite a few seasons since probably 2016 just one or two really quality players. We have to unearth the quality from within we aren’t going to sign the superstar or superstars to get us to that next level.

I never had an issue with the top 17 we had under Gus. The depth started to fall away. I think we will get an all round stronger squad now which I would take over a great starting side.

What I like so far is the easing to re-sign guys which hopefully allows to assess them better

Kilkenny

Coach
The Gould conversation is largely ancient history. Some were in his camp some weren’t. Make’s no difference now.

As has been said time and time again the proof will be in the results. Ivan was given total power once Gould was sacked (retrenched) so we shall see how things pan out in the next season or two. Given the Coronavirus situation Ivan is not going to be judged on this season, no coach or team will, other than maybe the Dragons given Paul McGregor was on thin ice prior to what has happened with the virus situation.

GongPanther

Referee
The Panther hierarchy will have to determine who is out there serious quality wise to replace Tamou if he is on his way out. Securing a couple of backs leaves a shortfall for another world class prop who we will need for rotation.

MugaB

Coach
The Panther hierarchy will have to determine who is out there serious quality wise to replace Tamou if he is on his way out. Securing a couple of backs leaves a shortfall for another world class prop who we will need for rotation.
Spencer Leniu can cover Tamous spot, we just signed Tetevano, need to cover To'o and especially Chrichton first, before worrying about replacing a world class Prop, besides the way the game will shift soon with this 6again rule, wouldn't be suprised if JFH covers prop and Yeo stays at lock, we have mssive depth to cover 2nd row, need to lock up our current backs and burns long term

GongPanther

Referee
Spencer Leniu can cover Tamous spot, we just signed Tetevano, need to cover To'o and especially Chrichton first, before worrying about replacing a world class Prop, besides the way the game will shift soon with this 6again rule, wouldn't be suprised if JFH covers prop and Yeo stays at lock, we have mssive depth to cover 2nd row, need to lock up our current backs and burns long term
They wont replace Tamou's experience, unless they start playing as well as Tamou, we will have to shop around. We need an experienced hard headed prop who will drive the rest of the forwards. You cannot improve one aspect when you weaken another by throwing Tamou money at the backline whilst leaving a hole.

soc123_au

Staff member
Jimmy Tamou has been good for us BUT he is not worth the reported $750K he is currently on. We are well off for forwards and I would not be offering him more than $400K.
I have heard that he is expecting a reduced deal to stay. How reduced I dont know.

betcats

Referee
He would have to be expecting a smaller deal given his age, for the right price he is a good signing, not an essential one given our playing stocks in the middle but he is very experienced and still performing well and he is probably a guy who can help the young middle forwards quite a bit.

Blade23

Juniors
Jimmy Tamou has been good for us BUT he is not worth the reported $750K he is currently on. We are well off for forwards and I would not be offering him more than $400K.

I have heard from a few people at the club that he is not on $750 or $800k. It is lower. The media ran with that figure years ago and it stuck like mud.
Before lockdown both parties were in the early stages of negotiating a new deal, subject to terms.
I get the impression if the figure is half decent he will stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.