What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

84 Baby

Referee
I think it's called Fisting by the Pool. Or something like that.

But more seriously, a lot of the core rules of the game will always change as teams react to whatever the last changes were. I do, however, think that the latest ruck rule change is just going to see a lot of running from dummy half and a lot of 'penalties' (particularly when combined with the 1 ref system).
I was more referring to changing rules for the hell of it. That’s the NRL motto

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
The thing that annoys me is we often get to a good start with a Fergo or Sivo kick return. Players just hold them down now and there is no real penalty due it being the first tackle. Tackle count restarts (which means only one extra tackle) but the defense has time to set.

I think the refs are going to be hesitant to apply a penalty in the first tackle due to the severity of the 6 again situation

strider

Post Whore
The thing that annoys me is we often get to a good start with a Fergo or Sivo kick return. Players just hold them down now and there is no real penalty due it being the first tackle. Tackle count restarts (which means only one extra tackle) but the defense has time to set.
The interesting thing will be if the refs bin anyone for excessive 6 agains ... im guessing they wouldnt ... if you are gonna give away 6 more tackles you may aswell lay there forever

Im betting the new rule is gonna be a bit of a mess of referee discretion

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
So they can change it back again later in the season after someone exploits it in a game vs Rorters
Radical rule changes with a relatively unknown effect on the way the game will be played are more likely to have an adverse effect on clubs like the Roosters, simply because they are optimised for the game as it is (or was).

84 Baby

Referee
Radical rule changes with a relatively unknown effect on the way the game will be played are more likely to have an adverse effect on clubs like the Roosters, simply because they are optimised for the game as it is (or was).
Cool.... that won’t stop them making a radical rule reversal when the Rorters whinge about it

T.S Quint

Coach

That’s the biggest problem I see with it as well. A team that got a penalty used to gain a new set of six plus an extra 10-25m from the kick for touch. Now it’s only a new set of six. You don’t even have the advantage of a quick tap because you’ve been held down for so long the opposition is already back inside waiting for you.

lingard

Coach

That sounds like it makes sense - but I don't think it really does.

Delboy

First Grade
James Graham may have regressed as a player, but listening to his views on the game and the future rules on League Live, he really is a breath of fresh air.
Seems quite smart and more articulate than Sam , and no need for subtitles :thinking: