What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 NRL draw re-release

papabear

Juniors
Well the Raiders have absolutely no excuse to not finish top 2.

They get the golden trio of Titans, Warriors and dragons twice.
See foxsports on difficulty of draw (1 being easiest 16 being hardest)
Raiders 8th
Chooks 9th

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...t/news-story/2ba870c585c3fc39028a9379df3f82f7

Also it doesnt appear to take into home game / travel / time between games etc. With no games in canberra till who knows how long when.

Oddly enough you would expect a very even draw to be a reverse of the ladder because you cant play yourself. Ie the roosters cant play the roosters so they wont be playing the hardest team once or twice. Add in the fact that the same game, ie roosters v gold coast, weighs very differently for both sides.

But the sharks and panthers have by far and away the easiest draw.

In any event if you are good enough you will be there at the end.

big hit!

Bench
they could've based the draw on the hubs the clubs are playing out of if health and security was THE primary concern - make Melbourne part of the QLD hub.

So the following groups double up:

Brisbane - Gold Coast - Melbourne - North Queensland
Surf bums - Newcastle - Rorters - Warriors
Chihuahuas - Rioters - Parramatta - Souths
Canberra - Penrith - Steelers - Magpies

then the 5th game for each club can be rivalries (if they're not covered in the hubs) and blockbusters, eg souths vs easts, parra vs penrith, canterbury vs wests, etc

Last edited:

moffla

Bench
Roosters, Rabbitohs, Raiders, Knights and Manly twice.
Not going to complain, it’s just the nature of it but it just make Hooper’s narrative of Storm getting a leg up all the more ridiculous.

Valheru

Coach
See foxsports on difficulty of draw (1 being easiest 16 being hardest)
Raiders 8th
Chooks 9th

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...t/news-story/2ba870c585c3fc39028a9379df3f82f7

Also it doesnt appear to take into home game / travel / time between games etc. With no games in canberra till who knows how long when.

Oddly enough you would expect a very even draw to be a reverse of the ladder because you cant play yourself. Ie the roosters cant play the roosters so they wont be playing the hardest team once or twice. Add in the fact that the same game, ie roosters v gold coast, weighs very differently for both sides.

But the sharks and panthers have by far and away the easiest draw.

In any event if you are good enough you will be there at the end.

Yeah I saw that and as you say the problem with such a system is obvious.

We play 6 top 4 teams which is the maximum possible given we can't play ourselves, storm are int he same boat.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about it, it is what it is.

Also note, that rating only takes in to account round 3 onward, the Raiders played titans and warriors in rounds 1 and 2.

Just saying that the raiders are the only team to get warriors, dragons and titans twice, that should be 6 wins (they have already got 2). Even if they only win 8 of their renaming 14 games which they should do if they are serious they will finish with 14 wins in a 20 game season. 14 wins has been enough for top 4 in 24 game seasons in the past let alone 20 game seasons.

big hit!

Bench
Yeah I saw that and as you say the problem with such a system is obvious.

We play 6 top 4 teams which is the maximum possible given we can't play ourselves, storm are int he same boat.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about it, it is what it is.

Also note, that rating only takes in to account round 3 onward, the Raiders played titans and warriors in rounds 1 and 2.

Just saying that the raiders are the only team to get warriors, dragons and titans twice, that should be 6 wins (they have already got 2). Even if they only win 8 of their renaming 14 games which they should do if they are serious they will finish with 14 wins in a 20 game season. 14 wins has been enough for top 4 in 24 game seasons in the past let alone 20 game seasons.

seriously, there are 15 common f**king opponents every club plays once, and everyone focuses on 5 they play twice.

big hit!

Bench
Set your clock for the Warriors at Friday 6pm.
Broncos sponsors must be wrapped with their FTA coverage, f**k the other teams

Channel 9 are paying millions, they'll be selecting teams that give them more eyeballs for ad-sell in a shit market. NRL give them this control for more $$$.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Channel 9 are paying millions, they'll be selecting teams that give them more eyeballs for ad-sell in a shit market. NRL give them this control for more $$$.

anyone got a link to that website that did a round by round, game by game breakdown of tv audiences? I’ve always wondered what the % difference is for different clubs in same time slots.

Valheru

Coach
seriously, there are 15 common f**king opponents every club plays once, and everyone focuses on 5 they play twice.

Just pointing out that the Raiders have lucked out playing the worst 3 teams twice. I don't think their fans would disagree with that viewpoint.

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
Just pointing out that the Raiders have lucked out playing the worst 3 teams twice. I don't think their fans would disagree with that viewpoint.
I mean we also get Roosters and Storm twice. We also have to travel a minimum of 3hrs to every game on gameday morning. So swings and roundabouts and so on.

Latest posts