What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 NRL draw re-release

Valheru

Coach
I mean we also get Roosters and Storm twice. We also have to travel a minimum of 3hrs to every game on gameday morning. So swings and roundabouts and so on.

So you are not happy you got those 3 teams twice?

Just take the win and move on.

super_coach

First Grade
The NRL gave Nine and Fox free reign on the draw as a payback for coming onboard for the season restart. As Uncle Nick said, it’s not a draw, there was nothing random about it.

How can one of last years grand final teams get only 3 free to air games in 18 rounds. Teams need exposure and exposure at the right time to increase their revenue streams and at present the same teams are getting the plum time.

You can make all the changes in the world at HQ, but nothing much ever changes

Delboy

First Grade
Does it come as a surprise that Uncle Nick complains when the Roosters aren't given the draw they want, who knows how teams will play and how good they will be.

At last there may be a time when certain teams dont get favoured, seemed different under Todd, maybe a controversial view but as a sport there are always upsets. Whose to say that won't happen , no one can really know how it will all pan out.

Perth Red

Post Whore
The NRL gave Nine and Fox free reign on the draw as a payback for coming onboard for the season restart. As Uncle Nick said, it’s not a draw, there was nothing random about it.

How can one of last years grand final teams get only 3 free to air games in 18 rounds. Teams need exposure and exposure at the right time to increase their revenue streams and at present the same teams are getting the plum time.

that’s probably the biggest issue. With 16 teams and 26 rounds the draw is never fair and equal, you’ll onLy get that if every team played each other home and away which the comp is too big for.
What’s more an issue is some teams getting significantly more fta covg meaning they are far more attractive to sponsors and more likely to be able to build a broader fanbase. There’s a big differenc rto being seen by 1million a week as opposed to 200-300k on Fox.
That gives them a much greater revenue and subsequent ability to invest in their football operations. That is the real problem.

jack coburn

Juniors
Does it come as a surprise that Uncle Nick complains when the Roosters aren't given the draw they want, who knows how teams will play and how good they will be.

At last there may be a time when certain teams dont get favoured, seemed different under Todd, maybe a controversial view but as a sport there are always upsets. Whose to say that won't happen , no one can really know how it will all pan out.
Probably the only Time he has legitimate claims to whinge. Looks like it’s set up to get every team who missed the semis into them and alll teams who have to miss them. There’s a reason why a lot of fans and coaches don’t agree with it. Looks to me like 9 and fox done a good job on the draw. To me I couldn’t give a rats but I can see how some people disagree.

Love the re draw!

They will have to up Uncle Nick’s meds though.

The whinging old codger is going to have a heart attack if they don’t.

We all know the Chooks will up shyte creek when that day comes.

shear_joy9

Coach

the raiders would have also picked up a lot of neutrals from their finals run last year and play one of the more expansive attacking styles. Think 9 are missing out by not showing them more.

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
So you are not happy you got those 3 teams twice?

Just take the win and move on.
Not really. Playing weak teams doesn't do much for form other than boosting f/a. I'd be happier playing hard teams and having our home games at GIO instead of having to travel to Campbelltown.

skeepe

Immortal
Honestly with the FTA situation and forcing us to play “home” games at Campbelltown, the NRL are doing everything possible to make sure we don’t make the GF this year.

When we win the premiership, I hope Ricky and BYC ram that trophy right up V’Landys’s arse.

Honestly with the FTA situation and forcing us to play “home” games at Campbelltown, the NRL are doing everything possible to make sure we don’t make the GF this year.

When we win the premiership, I hope Ricky and BYC ram that trophy right up V’Landys’s arse.

last year was your chance and you blew it.

Cry me a river.

mozza91

Coach
How is a lack of free to air games preventing Canberra making the Grand Final?

AJB1102

First Grade

Its more likely they just forgot about ya's. I don't think you're relevant enough to have a conspiracy for or against drafted up by HQ.

Latest posts