What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Movies Have You Seen III

So after your mrs got 5 choices you finally got a turn?

Yeah. She finally cracked the shits with RL Recalls and the Shane Warne Wank-a-thon. Once she started telling me what she'd do to Dan Ginane if she ever bumped in to him...I figured she needed pampering.

Rambo III was fluke. She grew up with brothers who watched Rambo, Rocky, Conan religiously.

First time I ever saw a cylume stick. What does it do? It glows blue.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Mamma Mia ... dross.

Mamma Mia : Here We Go Again ... as the subtitle suggests.

First Wives Club ... three great leads, entertaining enough, resolves itself without too much hassle and isn't cliched dross.

I'm so borderline with Mamma Mia, enjoyed it enough but would probably only give it a pass mark. Peirce Brosnan absolutely murdered SOS, a strangled cat would have sounded better.

Mamma Mia Here We Go Again , again only just a pass mark but loved it when Cher turns up.

First Wives Club I could watch over and over again just because of the female leads.

shiznit

Coach
Absolutely. I was howling with laughter at that. And the self cauterisation of the wound.
Was that with gun powder from a bullet??

I remember that from when I was a kid... i remember trying to convince my cousin to do it when he copped a nasty gash when we were hunting once...

he thought about for a second and then thought better of it...

f**ken pussy.... :joy::joy:

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Was that with gun powder from a bullet??

I remember that from when I was a kid... i remember trying to convince my cousin to do it when he copped a nasty gash when we were hunting once...

he thought about for a second and then thought better of it...

f**ken pussy.... :joy::joy:
I remember as a kid trying to pause it at the right time and you can see flame shooting out of each end

Wizardman

First Grade
I just watched "Sabotage"....an Arnie movie made about 6 years ago. It got no press and low ratings but gee I enjoyed it. Great story, great cast (Arnie, Sam Worthington, Terrence Howard and the two female cops were great), well acted and a story that just kept moving. A good, tight action thriller. Much, much better than what the critics and audience gave it. Leaves that last terminator movie for dead in terms of quality.

Zoidberg

First Grade
I just watched "Sabotage"....an Arnie movie made about 6 years ago. It got no press and low ratings but gee I enjoyed it. Great story, great cast (Arnie, Sam Worthington, Terrence Howard and the two female cops were great), well acted and a story that just kept moving. A good, tight action thriller. Much, much better than what the critics and audience gave it. Leaves that last terminator movie for dead in terms of quality.

I remember being unexpectedly impressed when I watched this. Pretty sure it’s an early film from David Ayer who went on to do Fury (good) and Suicide squad (not so good).

King hit

Coach
Finally watched The Room for the first time yesterday. One of the most fascinating movies I've ever seen. It's just so terrible it's entertaining. I've been wanting to watch this for a while and if you want to have a great time watching a truly terrible cult film this won't disappoint.

mongoose

Coach
Finally watched The Room for the first time yesterday. One of the most fascinating movies I've ever seen. It's just so terrible it's entertaining. I've been wanting to watch this for a while and if you want to have a great time watching a truly terrible cult film this won't disappoint.

I did not hit her, I did nooooot....oh hi mark

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
I got dragged to some hipster theatre in south brisbane for a viewing of it thinking it was going to be a shithouse afternoon. Same as you, was so shit it was entertaining and mixed with some overpriced craft beers and listening to man bunners trying to outdo each other with their hidden unknown coffee places it turned out to be a great day

Zoidberg

First Grade
I’ve never been able to find it to watch anywhere.

King hit

Coach
I got dragged to some hipster theatre in south brisbane for a viewing of it thinking it was going to be a shithouse afternoon. Same as you, was so shit it was entertaining and mixed with some overpriced craft beers and listening to man bunners trying to outdo each other with their hidden unknown coffee places it turned out to be a great day
You've seen the Room in a theatre with the spoon throwing and everything! wow I'm jealous mate. There was a theatre in Brisbane that was going to be showing it this year but it got cancelled because of Covid. Can't wait to see it in a theatre.
Enjoy

Xcalibre

Juniors

A quick search reveals it’s on YouTube. I think I’ve seen it, but not sure. I’ve definitely seen the movie about the movie with the Franco brothers, which I doubt I’d have bought if not for the original.

Edit: Beaten by that much.

King hit

Coach
A quick search reveals it’s on YouTube. I think I’ve seen it, but not sure. I’ve definitely seen the movie about the movie with the Franco brothers, which I doubt I’d have bought if not for the original.

Edit: Beaten by that much.
The disaster artist is such a genuinely good movie. Great biopic.

RedVDave

First Grade
I think by the end of the year I may have watched every movie ever in the history of cinema:

Bride of Chucky: I enjoyed this one it's this point forward where Child's Play went from the horror to humour genre whilst it maintains it's gory aspects it also has some really funny bits in it.

Bad Boys for life: I wasn't a big fan on the first 2 movies but I enjoyed this one the most.

Red heat: good mixture of action and comedy plus Arnold Schwarzenegger doing his best Russian impersonation, fun fact he got $8mill for this movie.

Joker: I enjoyed it but not nearly as dark and amazing as everyone makes it out to be imo.

3 from hell: the house of 1000 corpses trilogy got worse and worse with each film (and I'm in no way suggesting the first one was good) I really wish Rob Zombie would just make music and not worry about the film industry.

Wizardman

First Grade
I think by the end of the year I may have watched every movie ever in the history of cinema:

Bride of Chucky: I enjoyed this one it's this point forward where Child's Play went from the horror to humour genre whilst it maintains it's gory aspects it also has some really funny bits in it.

Bad Boys for life: I wasn't a big fan on the first 2 movies but I enjoyed this one the most.

Red heat: good mixture of action and comedy plus Arnold Schwarzenegger doing his best Russian impersonation, fun fact he got $8mill for this movie.

Joker: I enjoyed it but not nearly as dark and amazing as everyone makes it out to be imo.

3 from hell: the house of 1000 corpses trilogy got worse and worse with each film (and I'm in no way suggesting the first one was good) I really wish Rob Zombie would just make music and not worry about the film industry.

Zombie's first Halloween movie was pretty good but I have seen two other Zombie movies (Including the Halloween sequel) and they were both incredibly awful movies. I agree that he should give up the movie business.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Zombie's first Halloween movie was pretty good but I have seen two other Zombie movies (Including the Halloween sequel) and they were both incredibly awful movies. I agree that he should give up the movie business.
31 was ok, the lords of salem is a lesser known one thats a different approach and is watchable. House of 1000 corpses was pretty unique when it came out with its pyschological tone and should have been left as it is, the third is a steaming pile of turd.

Some of the premises are really promising but then immediatley shat on when he feels obliged to cast his wife in them. Just terrible