What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

super_coach

First Grade
While he would be a handy pick up, this sounds like the Matterson scenario all over again, so I would hope we are not interested.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/d23714df8c6bc1a9b784544ef50e4453

Raiders star Bateman permitted to talk to other clubs after $800k demand

Canberra Raiders have been forced into giving English international John Bateman permission to test his value on the NRL open market with rival clubs.

Good player but not a 800g player and really not what we need. I see him as a up market ET style of player, busy, big workload and some skills, but I don’t see a 800g Player.

If the league are serious about stamping out the wrestle, your David Fifita style players will be near unstoppable on the back of a lighting fast ruck. So that is the style of player I would be throwing 800g plus at. Finding them is the tricky part and getting them to sign is even harder

Fordy20

Juniors
If we can get Reynolds and Packer off our books by the end of 2020 then we will be in really good shape for a recruitment drive...however unless we make finals I don't think there will be many players looking to move here.

Reynolds and Packer will still be on the books next year, just like we'll still be on the hook for Mbye. I think the best we can hope for is a Lawrence type deal to spread the last year of Moses's almost $1M package over two years.

At 800 hes f**king delusional.

500 top dollar. We are in a global pandemic ffs.

There’s not much cash about.

Its about time the clubs started to collude and put a check on the filthy lucre these princesses are seeking.

So they head off to the super league? Omfg?!

No one would be seen dead playing onion at the moment. The way it’s played and how it’s managed.

Staring down a corpse offers more entertainment.

Last edited:

Tiger Ted

Bench
Good player but not a 800g player and really not what we need. I see him as a up market ET style of player, busy, big workload and some skills, but I don’t see a 800g Player.

If the league are serious about stamping out the wrestle, your David Fifita style players will be near unstoppable on the back of a lighting fast ruck. So that is the style of player I would be throwing 800g plus at. Finding them is the tricky part and getting them to sign is even harder
Agree re he’s not what we need.We have a stack of forwards with enormous potential.We need to focus on assembling a top draw backline.Our 3/4 line isn’t up to scratch & re season ‘21 if Benji retires I expect Douehi will b our 5/8 so we will need a fullback.

The unknown

Juniors
Regardless of how good a player he might be u would run a mile knowing that the grub moses is his manager

Thought nrl suspended him from managing players here, was surprised when I heard the fat gimps name mentioned again

Last edited:

Ron's_Mate

Bench
Folau rejects Tigers

It could have been one of the biggest sports stories of the year. Israel Folau was contemplating a return home after a conversation with Wests Tigers coach Michael Maguire a couple of weeks ago. Maguire, who worked with Folau during their time together at the Storm more than a decade ago, spoke with the dual international to gauge his interest in returning to the NRL next season. However, the 31-year-old is content to remain in the south of France, and is set to extend his deal with the Super League club Catalans for another season.

Packer could return to Warriors

Speaking of the Tigers, there are discussions around a potential loan deal involving Russell Packer returning to the Warriors for the next month. Packer is unlikely to be in the Tigers’ best 17 in the first round back, and the club believes he would benefit from a stint with the Warriors given there isn’t a lower-grade competition for him to imporve his match fitness.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/th...ntract-saga-with-raiders-20200524-p54vy5.html

The unknown

Juniors
Massive fan of giving Packer game time under the warriors and to come back to us. Can't see the NRL allowing it though

The Rosco

Bench
https://amp.nine.com.au/article/81ee0a0b-5d30-4329-8dc1-d862f918a945

If he owns the #9 spot here at the tigers, no reason why he wouldn’t stay. Forgot about Brandon Smith at the storms

In my unselfish opinion, I believe Cameron Smith has another year in him
Mate, the ONLY thing stopping Cammy going around one more season is the fact the scum might miss out on Harry.
If the Harry thing wasn't a factor . . . In what planet would Cammy Wammy NOT say " 2020 was only half a season, and it didn't take too much of a toll on my body. I think for sure I have another year left in me because of the short 2020 season."
"Maybe I could get some sort of testimonial to celebrate my retirement" . . . .

The unknown

Juniors
Mate, the ONLY thing stopping Cammy going around one more season is the fact the scum might miss out on Harry.
If the Harry thing wasn't a factor . . . In what planet would Cammy Wammy NOT say " 2020 was only half a season, and it didn't take too much of a toll on my body. I think for sure I have another year left in me because of the short 2020 season."
"Maybe I could get some sort of testimonial to celebrate my retirement" . . . .

You’re speaking as if the grappler has any integrity mate, I actually think unless the storm win the comp this year, he’s odds on to run around again next year

gordsy

Juniors
He turns 37 next month. I have no doubts he’ll play next year and potentially the year after too. The way he plays now he doesn’t get tackled, he’s basically just a game manager and a bloody good one
With fox losing so much money this year and with a lack of media gigs he just may play on for another couple of years yet. He is the best player i've seen.

simmo05

Bench
If Greenburg was still around I would agree, but under PVL I can see things being different. Also, if the Warriors want Packer you'd think the NRL would be inclined to look after them, considering they are in the good books.
Who do we get in return? Hopefully a winger to replace slug jennings

Latest posts