What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adam Doueihi

The unknown

Juniors
How good would it be to get Reynolds off our books. We have Grant as our starting hooker, AD to fullback and Benji and Brooks in the halves. It looks a lot better.

I reckon we look a lot stronger. I think we are going to have a weak right side defence though. The Leuluia boys, Benji and Nofo should score a lot of points but defensively they may be a mess.

I wonder how we look now in the backs:-

1. AD
2. Nofo
3. Joey
4. Mbye
5. Thompson
6. Marshall
7. Brooks

I would be tempted to split the LL boys problem is we don’t really have any better options. Garner is a terrible defender aswell.

Lawrence is probably our best edge defender but he’s running on old legs

You could maybe plonk ET in there purely for defense but then we’d lose our offensive potency

Tiger05

First Grade
I would be tempted to split the LL boys problem is we don’t really have any better options. Garner is a terrible defender aswell.

You could maybe plonk ET in there purely for defense but then we’d lose our offensive potency

You can't win can you. They can all score points. I suppose we hope they improve defensively over the course of the season and the attack becomes really good.

Tigerm

First Grade
You can't win can you. They can all score points. I suppose we hope they improve defensively over the course of the season and the attack becomes really good.
Didn't we win a premiership based on outscoring the other teams?

WA Tiger

Bench
How good would it be to get Reynolds off our books. We have Grant as our starting hooker, AD to fullback and Benji and Brooks in the halves. It looks a lot better.

I reckon we look a lot stronger. I think we are going to have a weak right side defence though. The Leuluia boys, Benji and Nofo should score a lot of points but defensively they may be a mess.

I wonder how we look now in the backs:-

1. AD
2. Nofo
3. Joey
4. Mbye
5. Thompson
6. Marshall
7. Brooks
Yea but I’m pretty sure Jennings has explicit photos of Madge why Madge hasn’t dropped him yet ..I can’t think of any other reason

Fordy20

Juniors
I expect the back line Tigers05 named to be selected. Jennings is 6'4" and around 100kgs and this is his sixth year in the top grade. We might be paying a little bit too much for him at the moment, but I doubt he'll be on much next season, whether he's here or not. He's fine for depth.

Tigerm

First Grade
I expect the back line Tigers05 named to be selected. Jennings is 6'4" and around 100kgs and this is his sixth year in the top grade. We might be paying a little bit too much for him at the moment, but I doubt he'll be on much next season, whether he's here or not. He's fine for depth.
We can expect him to start firing, if his contract is up, then:)

super_coach

First Grade

I agree with you on our second row being a defensive liability. I would give Mcintrye a shot, seems a player who can handle plenty of work. Granted have not seen much of him, but was impressive in the trials

The unknown

Juniors
I agree with you on our second row being a defensive liability. I would give Mcintrye a shot, seems a player who can handle plenty of work. Granted have not seen much of him, but was impressive in the trials

I thought this year could have been Mcintyres break through year, with no reserve grade footy it’s gonna been hard for these young guys to come on though

The unknown

Juniors
If he kills it this year at fullback and Benji retires, I wonder what our plans are for the halves?

Do we bring up madden to partner Brooks or settle for a MBye/Brooks combo?

The unknown

Juniors
Can Mbye cut it in the halves. I reckon we need a quality year from Mbye in the centres before considering a positional change.

5/8 was his position before being groomed into a fullback, he was kinda average hence the positional change. He doesn’t really have a position he excels at

Anyways make or break year for mbye, hope he kills it

Tiger05

First Grade
If AD can develop into a good fullback we will be in much better shape. I think it will take some time though

I wonder if he has got it in him as well. He looks like a good player but does he lack the pace and explosiveness to be really good there. The turd and RTS for instance have some size but they are also lightning quick and explosive.

If he comes good though we look a lot better. It'll be interesting how we go this season.

super_coach

First Grade
He is what we need at the back at present. Runs hard and straight, can catch and is a strong defender. Certainly no Billy Slater, but he has a very solid all round game.

After the Knights game I thought our season was going to be another wreck, but AD at one and the return of Mybe and Brooks plus the inclusion of Harry, I think we have a pretty solid team to kick the restart off

gordsy

Juniors
With no reggies this year what happens to guys like Madden and our guys not good enough for firsts just yet or guy who aren't in the top 17 but are in the top 25?. Can we put them to Q cup or send them to play for the cutters etc?

The unknown

Juniors
With no reggies this year what happens to guys like Madden and our guys not good enough for firsts just yet or guy who aren't in the top 17 but are in the top 25?. Can we put them to Q cup or send them to play for the cutters etc?

They have floated the idea of having a 9s competition format for the fringe players, not sure how that would help them at all though

Latest posts