What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adam Doueihi

super_coach

First Grade
With no reggies this year what happens to guys like Madden and our guys not good enough for firsts just yet or guy who aren't in the top 17 but are in the top 25?. Can we put them to Q cup or send them to play for the cutters etc?

would like to see Madden loaned to the Warriors. I think he is going to be a good footballer and the experience of playing some NRL would be great. Although that would depend on what the Warriors are after

Fordy20

Juniors
Anyways make or break year for mbye, hope he kills it

He did have some flashes of effort at centre, but for the amount of coin he is on, he really needs to be performing better. Packer and Reynolds are off contract next year, but Moses isn't off contract until the year after. I can't see anyone taking any of them off our hands without us paying significant freight.

Tiger Ted

Bench
He did have some flashes of effort at centre, but for the amount of coin he is on, he really needs to be performing better. Packer and Reynolds are off contract next year, but Moses isn't off contract until the year after. I can't see anyone taking any of them off our hands without us paying significant freight.
The scourge of ivan the imbecile isn’t dissipating anytime soon

The unknown

Juniors

Yep, for the coin he is on he should be our best player. I have no issues with him being in the 17 however my expectations are a tad lower of him due to the peahearted performances he put in last year

IMO, AD seems to be good under the high ball, he doesn’t seem to other much in attack and his positional play in defence needs to be better.

The unknown

Juniors
I reckon he is improving every game, the swoop out the back pass to Jennings (was it v titans or sharks I can’t remember) is something he has got to nail down as a FB because that was awful.

He still looks like a 5/8 to me though.

WA Tiger

Bench
I reckon he is improving every game, the swoop out the back pass to Jennings (was it v titans or sharks I can’t remember) is something he has got to nail down as a FB because that was awful.

He still looks like a 5/8 to me though.

AD just seems to keep breaking tackles that other players don’t and I can’t quite see how he does it...Not sure if it’s because he’s so skinny there’s nothing to hold onto, or his height but he’s got something there...For me thats a good place to start ...but yes that forward pass against sharks - I think, to Jennings that was a certain try,was not good...He had next to no time to pass and it was a rel long pass and he prob didnt think he had time for a spiral pass but that was the go

Last edited:

The unknown

Juniors
AD just seems to keep breaking tackles that other players don’t and I can’t quite see how he does it...Not sure if it’s because he’s so skinny there’s nothing to hold onto, or his height but he’s got something there...For me thats a good place to start ...but yes that forward pass against sharks - I think, to Jennings that was a certain try,was not good...He had next to no time to pass and it was a rel long pass and he prob didnt think he had time for a spiral pass but that was the go

Yeah mate when I played league the tall lanky kids were always the hardest to tackle. They always had the nack of being able to slip out of tackles with ease lol. Tommy Turbo and Greg Inglis come to mind for me

His timing will come with more game time, can’t see him not being a good buy for us provided no injuries

Vic Mackey

Referee

One of my mates who’s a Souths fan told me he always beats the first man bringing the ball back. I hadn’t noticed watching him last year but it’s turned out to be true.

I wasn’t overly fused when we got him but he has something about him and you’re right, it’s hard to say what. He isn’t really big, fast or overly skillful but he seems to break tackles and get in space easily.

We’re still working out how to get him involved in the 20 in attack. We saw on Sunday that with a bit of a broken line he can slice through. I think he can become a really good first grader who will push for rep honours in the next 2-3 years

gordsy

Juniors
From a conditioning point of view it’s a pretty good idea
That's a stretch. Surely our reserves playing against the reserves of other teams would be far better.
Then you have to think who will attend, if they can attend and who wants to watch Jordan Rankin and other no bodies run around in a 9s comp.

The unknown

Juniors
Got a feeling AD will see plenty of ball today. Hope we use him on the left to target Esan.

Is BJ & Nofo attacking Marsters side? could well be a carve up, in a perfect world of course.

Still don’t believe BJ has been used properly once this year. Most of his carries have been one outs like a battering ram..would like to see him get open space 1 on 1 with his opposite

Vic Mackey

Referee
Is BJ & Nofo attacking Marsters side? could well be a carve up, in a perfect world of course.

Still don’t believe BJ has been used properly once this year. Most of his carries have been one outs like a battering ram..would like to see him get open space 1 on 1 with his opposite

Unfortunately not, it will be Mbye

Totally agree re BJs use. Its odd because in the Warriors trial he got a stack of early ball and tore them to shreds. Then come the proper season he's not getting anything. I do think Reynolds will help that as he is more likley to throw it early, whereas Benji likes to go to the line.

The unknown

Juniors
Unfortunately not, it will be Mbye

Totally agree re BJs use. Its odd because in the Warriors trial he got a stack of early ball and tore them to shreds. Then come the proper season he's not getting anything. I do think Reynolds will help that as he is more likley to throw it early, whereas Benji likes to go to the line.

Well that blows considering we all know Marsters defensive deficiencies and he has a winger debuting outside of him

Can imagine the opposition giggling to themselves everytime they have to face mbye on the opposing side

WA Tiger

Bench
AD seems to me like Arnold S ..he seems to look at a situation his computer screen for a brain analyses All the options and picks the best option for termination ...I might be mistaken but he never smiles much either ...he’s all business...Plus he’s not short on encouraging his team mates ..I saw him give Grant a nuckle hand shake ..cool

Last edited:

Latest posts