What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

6 Again

Simon

Juniors
My personal opinion is that thus rule should help our style of play. McInnes and Hunt in and around the play the ball running at speed in theory should be aided by faster play. I've never been the biggest Dufty fan - but this rule could also really throw his speed into play a lot more with unstructured attack.

However, I'd see a few other halves also benefit here in Moses, Croft and Williams. If the game is true to its word and follows through here some if the more structured teams like Melbourne may have to adapt. I struggle to see a make shift halfback in Hughes making the ad lib impact required in a high speed game.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
My personal opinion is that thus rule should help our style of play. McInnes and Hunt in and around the play the ball running at speed in theory should be aided by faster play. I've never been the biggest Dufty fan - but this rule could also really throw his speed into play a lot more with unstructured attack.

However, I'd see a few other halves also benefit here in Moses, Croft and Williams. If the game is true to its word and follows through here some if the more structured teams like Melbourne may have to adapt. I struggle to see a make shift halfback in Hughes making the ad lib impact required in a high speed game.
I think we should do whatever you say.

possm

Coach
Don’t worry, SuperCoach will devise a plan to capitalise on this.:rolling_eyes::rolling_eyes::rolling_eyes::rolling_eyes::rolling_eyes:

Imagine the press conference “They got three extra six tackles” which helped them them score:joy:

A digital virtual grid can be laid over the field and the buker alert the ref.

Linesman can stand in line with the defensive line and put up his flag when a player is offside.

Looks like a mobile pack will be the key.
James Graham is going to struggle.
As much as I love Jimmy I would not play him many minutes or even replace him in the 17 with Host, Ford or Merrin.
If he plays it needs to be off the bench so when he comes on most other players are already fatigued.

HenryTatana

Juniors
Hopefully it will f**k the chooks as well as they are notorious for giving away penalties on their line.

I’ll pass judgement in a month after I see which teams have mastered it and which are disadvantaged.

Mcdumbshit has no idea and will no doubt still be playing his 5 one out runs and kick on the last.

Reactions: jak

Dragonsamy

Bench
Also It feel like there is less wrestle and slowing of the Ruck it may also has something to do with just one ref rather than 2 as well. But let's see how it goes when it is not too Classy teams like these two , but so far so good enjoying it.

Last edited:

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Also It feel like there is less wrestle and slowing of the Rook
I think that’s Raylene Castle’s influence. Or perhaps the players have been watching too much pawn during the off-season?

Eitherway, it helped King Gutho get over for his try.

True_Believer

Juniors
I'm not a fan of either side tonight, but the 6 again already appears to be at the whim of the ref. I thought the Eels were holding down just as much as the Broncos but they only got pinged once in the first half.

It's great for opening up the game but again, you are leaving it up to the discretion of the refs and that's potentially going to cause issues.

What was interesting was the comments from the commentators about "not noticing the refs". Well that's obviously because you don't blow the whistle when calling 6 again. They are just yelling out the infringement instead of stopping the game.

Dragonsamy

Bench
First half was of a high standard, but unfortunately the second half has just been a pure dominance by Para who looked terrific and sharp.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I'm not a fan of either side tonight, but the 6 again already appears to be at the whim of the ref. I thought the Eels were holding down just as much as the Broncos but they only got pinged once in the first half.

It's great for opening up the game but again, you are leaving it up to the discretion of the refs and that's potentially going to cause issues.

What was interesting was the comments from the commentators about "not noticing the refs". Well that's obviously because you don't blow the whistle when calling 6 again. They are just yelling out the infringement instead of stopping the game.
This makes for an interesting point..

The penalty count, particularly when lopsided, comes under scrutiny from coaches & the media.

Where does the 6 again stat fit?

If I think back to 2014 when souffs were pretty much blown penalties their way all the way to the podium, it was clear to see the favouritism put behind them for the fairytale the NRL wanted to spin for hype..

But if the same thing happens to a team in the 2020 premiership* will it be as clear?

True_Believer

Juniors
This makes for an interesting point..

The penalty count, particularly when lopsided, comes under scrutiny from coaches & the media.

Where does the 6 again stat fit?

If I think back to 2014 when souffs were pretty much blown penalties their way all the way to the podium, it was clear to see the favouritism put behind them for the fairytale the NRL wanted to spin for hype..

But if the same thing happens to a team in the 2020 premiership* will it be as clear?

Will be interesting to see if they keep track of and report on how many were called per game and how many were called in favour of each team.

I'm wondering if it will get down to the "time held in tackle" stat to start questioning the intentions of the refs.

Just on tonight’s match with the faster ruck could just mean Dufty should have a great year in attack.
I would love to see us have a ball playing lock which could then allow Dufty rather than playing a structured fullback ball player can be a roving fullback and simply get involved and support each play.
Speed Dino Speed.

Dragon David

First Grade
When new rules are introduced, history shows that the Dragons are the team to cop the "penalties". Like when Frizell touched the ref and got suspended for it and there have been other penalties with some other new rules. How many 6 agains will we get compared to the Warriors? Let's see on Saturday.

jak

Bench
Also It feel like there is less wrestle and slowing of the Ruck it may also has something to do with just one ref rather than 2 as well. But let's see how it goes when it is not too Classy teams like these two , but so far so good enjoying it.
early days, 15 coaches will sort it out.

Gippsy

Bench
It’ll f.ck Cam & the Storm, so I love it!

Thats the thing, I don't think it will. Storm are so rehearsed with their tackling they give away very few penalties. First tackler stops momentum, second one starts twisting so he turns on his back and then Smith comes in to finish it. They then peel off one at a time, with Smith last. Sadly, I don't think they will get caught too often.

I think they will actually benefit from it when they have the ball as their forwards are trained to go straight to their knees. Momentum stops and they get up to play the ball and when the other side keeps trying to turn them over they win the penalty.

The cheating mongrels will be the best at exploiting it.