What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane Broncos General Discussion

gUt

Coach
I think he had a few games there when he played for the Titans. I'm not sure about his form. I also don't know how his Achilles would hold up with the increase in activity.

It's definitely an exciting thought to have him popping up all over the field and supporting.
Dangerous kick returner too

ram raid

Bench
Anybody know where you can read the Peter Badel articles online? The only links I can find in NSW are Courier Mail subscription needed?

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
How good was Xavier Coates in the under 18s Origin! Sam Walker and Nui were great too, including a few others, but Coates just didn't belong there (in a good way).

Mr Spock!

Referee
Interesting seeing the team at the Brisbane airport after the bulldogs game.

Saw them at the baggage and in the taxi rank.

Segeyaro definitely preferred to to sit by himself away from the group. Didn't see Seibold anywhere.

Nerd

Bench
Hopefully the trouncing by the Eels will be the turning point for the Broncos like the NSW hand grenade try celebration was a catalyst which led to a decade of dominance for the Maroons. After being beaten by the biggest finals margin EVER everyone at the club needs to be on notice right from management through to the playing group. Whether they are on long term contracts or not the deadwood need to be cut from the team immediately. Same as what happened at Canterbury after Hasler was booted. Will mean another long year but there is no other option.

We need to buy an experienced half or 5/8 who can take Dearden under his wing for a season to show him what's required from an NRL standard halfback. Time to move on Boyd, McCullough, Bird and Glen and whoever has been protecting Boyd in management.

DeeJ

Bench
Old news by now and no need for a link but we all know McCullough has moved to the Knights immediately.

He had a good career at the Broncos and this will be a good move for him. He always tried his hardest with what he had.

Apparently that frees up some cap room for Ben T'eo. I really hope we aren't seriously considering signing him. We have enough back rowers as it is and you could argue that 2 of them are elite. T'eo has also been out of league for many years and he had a bad attitude during his time at the Broncos. Let some struggling club have him instead.

Bronco18

Juniors
Apparently that frees up some cap room for Ben T'eo. I really hope we aren't seriously considering signing him. We have enough back rowers as it is and you could argue that 2 of them are elite. T'eo has also been out of league for many years and he had a bad attitude during his time at the Broncos. Let some struggling club have him instead.

He’ll be TPJ’s suspension standby.

Bronco18

Juniors
That should be Average Glenn's position, instead of starting.

It’s an interesting one though - does Teo even fit into the full strength bench?

8. Haas
9. Turpin
10. Lodge
11. Glenn
12. Fifita
13. Carrigan/TPJ

14. Flegler
15. Offa
16. Carrigan/TPJ
17. Utility/Teo

DeeJ

Bench
Glenn being captain poses the same problem as Boyd being captain - he can't be left out of the side, even though there are superior players in his position.

DeeJ

Bench
Anyone else think Staggs could be a fullback option long term?

It would be appealing since I think he should get his hands on the ball as much as possible. We also do not have a strike fullback. I'm not sure how he would go with all the cramping he suffers from, haha.

I would also be interested in a 5/8th experiment for the same reasons. He played halfback for Tonga and switched to the halves for half a game before the COVID break.

hellteam

First Grade
Agreed, fullback or five eight. I think he'd have more impact at fullback, five eight he might focus too much on ball playing and lose his running game (like Milford). Fullback is also one of, if not the, most important position these days and he's our best back.

Ball playing can be learnt at fullback - Slater/Tedesco/Papenhauzen etc, none of them were great ball players when they started but they get the hang of it.

Anyway, just putting it out there hoping that Seibold reads this

Mr Spock!

Referee
Seibold is stuck in Sydney and will step aside for 2 weeks due to serious family matter and covid-19 2 week quarantine.

Darius Boyd has quit the leadership group.

Latest posts