What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Phrases and Words Make You See Red?

“Reveals”...

Every third bloody headline you read these days, especially Newscorp, uses this in every way they can. Caught on from those home Reno shows.

Tries to make out they’ve uncovered some enormous earth-shattering secret, when it’s as sterile as some old footballer naming his favourite coach.

Piss-rich word and I hate it..

Incorrect

Coach
"young gun"

Used by hack journo's like James Hooper to describe anyone under the age of ~25 who may or may not have made it to the top level of their respective sports... It has infested every medium of the media now and is rampant

Yorrick Hunt

Juniors
"Drop" or "dropped". As in the following jibberish as heard on 2MMM:

"Kings of Leon just dropped their new album. We have been eagerly waiting for it to drop. They have been dropping bits and pieces from the new album over the past month, but now that it has dropped we'll be giving it plenty of airplay".

It's torture to my ears.

When pundits whip out a pre-chambered ....

“That’s a GREAT question...” :expressionless::expressionless::expressionless:

I had someone pull it out on me this morning (a land rat, no surprise) and I could hear my internal circuit breakers flicking away like someone was walking on bubble-wrap.

Captain Rats

Juniors
When people are being interviewed on TV.

"Thanks for having me".

Do I look like your mother? I didn't give f**king birth to you.

Latest posts