What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

John Bateman - worth a look?

TomRedVRiver

Bench
It's so disheartening to see us at the stage where the majority of our fans aren't fussed about any signings we make because of McGregor.

On the one hand, I understand the mentality, the likelihood of Paul f**king Bateman's effectiveness is very likely.
On the other, we NEED players like Bateman to stem the bleeding. If we just give up we're f**king ourselves for even longer.

Think about Newcastle, all it took was Ponga and the flow of huge signings started shortly after that.

Crush

Coach
He'd be good for a while then he'd give up like the rest of the players and the fans would turn on him.
"Why did we pay 900K for this pommy git that doesn't put in!?"
Then he'd ask for an early release to go back to England and we'd all say "good piss off!"
Yeah, nah.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Having fumbled the footy with Frizzell I’d say so. The club desperately needs to flex its buying power in order to plug holes in a sinking ship.

Good player- two concerns-
1 Just had shoulder surgery- I'm already having flashbacks to Gareth
2 Just switched to the most unscrupulous player agent in the NRL - Isaac Moses. Thus all the drama with James Hooper.

thebigredv

First Grade
As far as I'm concerned we could use frizell and possibly jdb money in two ways:

Option 1 use it to secure Lafai and Aitken long term

Option 2 sign Bateman

I know which one I want and I also know which one we're getting.

_Johnsy

Referee
As far as I'm concerned we could use frizell and possibly jdb money in two ways:

Option 2 sign Bateman

Yipeeee I'm on board with you. Option A) break out the Spumante/Passion pop.

boardlumps62

Juniors
No to Bateman cost us too much and not big enough better we buy an up and coming young bloke for half the cost. Scout the Pacific or anywhere in Sydney for a talented Polynesian who's well grounded

TomRedVRiver

Bench
The game is moving in favour of these agile, ball-playing back-rowers. Cam Murray, Briton Nikora, Viktor Radley, even Jake Turbo etc...
Particularly considering we might see a 6-man interchange in the future.

Bateman covers the edge and the middle and has more heart than most forwards in the NRL. To simply give up on the opportunity before we even try would be a monumental f**k-up.

Go all in for him.

denis preston

First Grade
Come on , worth 550-600k max.Wants 800k and we dont know how much the cap will drop.High risk.Justify the 600k on flicking the coach a year early !

RedVDave

First Grade

Option 2 sign Bateman

Well don't keep us in suspense which one is it!

Latest posts