What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Duffy Options...

Kylez3

Juniors
Are people seriously suggesting Dufty should play 5/8 or hooker?

Maybe if the Dragons had a reserve grade Touch Football side..

blacksafake

First Grade
I was talking to a mate of mine today who is friends with the Dufty family and Matt said he has learnt more from Flanagan in the short time he has been there than all the time with Mary, plus the players are very happy having Flanno at the club.
O dear what could be hey.
CC
Hopefully the feedback is getting back to the board. Not that their likely to do anything but we can only hope.:fingers_crossed_tone1:

redv13

Bench
I was talking to a mate of mine today who is friends with the Dufty family and Matt said he has learnt more from Flanagan in the short time he has been there than all the time with Mary, plus the players are very happy having Flanno at the club.
O dear what could be hey.
CC
Well it hasn’t kept Frizz :face_palm_tone1:♂️

denis preston

First Grade
I hope that someone on the Board comes in here and takes notice of all the points that are raised in the forum
In here we have a supporters from all age groups, ex players and I think there are solutions posted here which should be looked at

Interesting that the shining light in NRL administration Valandys creed is " listen to the fans " and that drives everything he does. The way he has outmaneuvered everyone the past couple of months ( sets up committees but does it his way anyhow , attitude ! ) has been a revelation. Yet our board is silent and invisible.

BLM01

First Grade
Interesting that the shining light in NRL administration Valandys creed is " listen to the fans " and that drives everything he does. The way he has outmaneuvered everyone the past couple of months ( sets up committees but does it his way anyhow , attitude ! ) has been a revelation. Yet our board is silent and invisible.
And they said it couldnt or would not happen.

hazzbeen

Bench
I hope that someone on the Board comes in here and takes notice of all the points that are raised in the forum
In here we have a supporters from all age groups, ex players and I think there are solutions posted here which should be looked at
Even if they did it they ,won't say anything , they are all looking after each other ..... They are all in a time Warp , the club the board the coaching ...... Jurassic Park ....

Dragon David

First Grade
Hearing and seeing what the fans want for the game and a whole host of other issues that have been brought to the attention of Vlandys by many experienced judges who have been selected to investigate what is needed will go a long way to bringing us a much better product. Seems a big pity that our so called management don't have the same belief in what us fans have been drumming into them.

It would be great if we had a guy like Vlandys in our club system.

I think the younger guys in our squad are looking up to Flanno and I hope that he will help Dufty to produce similar rugby league results as he had done with Ben Barba.

Crush

Coach
What is wrong with Matt Dufty? Why is it he looks to be afraid of taking the ball up? I get that he's a little bloke but yesterday he was just submitting before the opposition had laid a finger on him. Have a go FFS!
I know I said we should persist with him but if he is going to just let himself be manhandled in EVERY tackle because he doesn't even take them on then do Matt Dufty a favour and save the kid the embarrassment.
Geeeeeezus!

TomRedVRiver

Bench
He just can't do basic fullback shit, but the coach persists with him and half of our fanbase defends him because he can run fast. That's literally all he has going for him.

There's no little effort areas, it's always a speculator play with him.

Dufty is only keeping the jersey warm for Ramsey but until he is ready/available I would bring Clune in at 5/8, Norman to FB and Dufty to the wing which is where I see him being the most useful (speed) and likely to do the least damage (can't catch, pass or tackle).

But then seeing as Saab has speed plus height, strength and is a bit useful under the high ball I would punt Dufty altogether. He'd go alright at the Jets, Bears or Mounties.

redVinme

Juniors
What is wrong with Matt Dufty? Why is it he looks to be afraid of taking the ball up? I get that he's a little bloke but yesterday he was just submitting before the opposition had laid a finger on him. Have a go FFS!
I know I said we should persist with him but if he is going to just let himself be manhandled in EVERY tackle because he doesn't even take them on then do Matt Dufty a favour and save the kid the embarrassment.
Geeeeeezus!

It's pathetic. It pisses me off further that he jogs up to the line before jinking and falling over. If he has that much pace he could easily make a further 5-10 m on kick return just by going at pace.

Spazer

Juniors
Geeeeeezus!
I recall him attacking the ball from a kick only once in that game and he made great metres and got us on the front foot, every other kick return he just shuffled and fell to the ground as you said.

It's one of our many problems, teams kick it to Dufty and ragdoll him back to our 10m line to start our sets. If Ryan Papenhuyzen can handle it then so should Dufty, he is just scared.

Old Timer

Coach
If one has a good look at the game and watches Dufty he looks uncertain as to which option to take on kick returns
  • Run onto the ball and accelerate
  • Catch and go immediately to ground (the Ostrich I call it)
  • Catch jig and jog and the hit the ground
  • Catch jig and jog and give a hospital pass to some unsuspecting support player.
These indecisive actions by Dufty are indicative of actions take by other players & groups of players namely the halves.

We suffer from a complete lack of confidence in any decision making process we undertake.

In respect of Dufty v Lomax and their progression the comments by Career Coach one would have to say that maybe he turns up to training as often as he watched CC matches.

Last but not least if you go back and have a look at yesterday's game Lomax and his leg drive with ball in hand is far superior to Dufty as is his defence.

So if we are a side that cant score points best we be a side that can stop leaking so many points so Lomax to 1 is actually a no brainer.

Latest posts