What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

Kilkenny

Coach
With the six to go again interpretation what will happen if a team is defending on their own line and leading by one or two points in the last say 5 minutes and deliberately give away a " six to go penalty." Surely common sense will prevail and the referee will award a " normal" penalty and allow the attacking team the right to have a kick at goal.

Interesting point.

BxTom

Bench
Is he indigenous? If so perhaps he claim that it was a cultural requirement that he drank the potion offered by the kurdaitcha man ;) Sorta like having to drink, use guns and ride trail bikes...

Kilkenny

Coach
The thing that concerns me with the Xerri business is how does a young 19 year old footballer get access to the cocktail of performance enhancing drugs he appears to have used. They have to come from somewhere. Who is advising him? Who is prescribing the drugs? Was the club aware of what occurred. His club’s recently history of the peptides issues, former coach in breach of his restrictions leading to his deregistration and not to mention the systematic salary cap rorting. There has to be serious questions around the administration of the Cronulla Sharks and what has occurred at the club over the past 8 or so seasons?

roofromoz

First Grade
Just after some information on Robbie Duffy who played two NRL matches in 2001.

I can't access any team lists from that period at the moment but all I know is that those two matches were off the bench and he later went to the Eels. Does anyone know what position/s he played and also whether he was a local junior?

Thanks in advance.

ACTPanthers

Bench
The thing that concerns me with the Xerri business is how does a young 19 year old footballer get access to the cocktail of performance enhancing drugs he appears to have used. They have to come from somewhere. Who is advising him? Who is prescribing the drugs? Was the club aware of what occurred. His club’s recently history of the peptides issues, former coach in breach of his restrictions leading to his deregistration and not to mention the systematic salary cap rorting. There has to be serious questions around the administration of the Cronulla Sharks and what has occurred at the club over the past 8 or so seasons?
The bolded part, ridiculously easily... It may seem like it would be hard, and that it would take a shady back-alley deal with an even shadier bloke selling it, but I can guarantee that if you walk into any gym in the country, you could find at least 2 people to buy steroids from... It really is THAT easy.

Fangs

Coach
Just after some information on Robbie Duffy who played two NRL matches in 2001.

I can't access any team lists from that period at the moment but all I know is that those two matches were off the bench and he later went to the Eels. Does anyone know what position/s he played and also whether he was a local junior?

Thanks in advance.

That name sounds so familiar and I have no idea why.

http://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/matches/Custom/OC03LTQtLS0tLS0zMDk4LS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLQ==

This website is pretty good. Lists him as a lock. Doesn't give you any advanced stats like minutes played etc.

Fangs

Coach
Check out the Dogs team of 2001, belted us 40-14 on a Sunday afternoon:

Fullback 1. Luke Patten
Wing 2. Hazem El Masri
Centre 3. Nigel Vagana
Centre 4. Willie Talau
Wing 5. Shane Marteene
Five-Eighth 6. Braith Anasta
Halfback 7. Darrell Trindall
Front Row 8. Darren Britt (c)
Hooker 9. Craig Polla-Mounter
Front Row 10. Steve Price
Second Row 11. Steve Reardon
Second Row 12. Willie Mason
Lock 13. Darren Smith
Bench 14. Jamie Feeney
Bench 15. Barry Ward
Bench 16. Dennis Scott
Bench 17. Brent Sherwin

Anyone remember when they actually started cheating the cap? That side is ridiculous.

The 2002 squad that was illegally assembled included Roy Asotasi, Ben Harris, Tony Grimaldi, Paul Rauhihi, Matt Utai, Jonathan Thurston, Mark O'Meley, Hughes brothers.

Panther Mick

Juniors
Anyone remember when they actually started cheating the cap? That side is ridiculous.

The 2002 squad that was illegally assembled included Roy Asotasi, Ben Harris, Tony Grimaldi, Paul Rauhihi, Matt Utai, Jonathan Thurston, Mark O'Meley, Hughes brothers.

I went to school with Ben Harris.

Dylan Edwards injury problems are a concern. He can’t seem to go long without picking up another injury, plus we just re-signed him. Not great having a spine position that’s always changing.

franklin2323

Immortal
Check out the Dogs team of 2001, belted us 40-14 on a Sunday afternoon:

Fullback 1. Luke Patten
Wing 2. Hazem El Masri
Centre 3. Nigel Vagana
Centre 4. Willie Talau
Wing 5. Shane Marteene
Five-Eighth 6. Braith Anasta
Halfback 7. Darrell Trindall
Front Row 8. Darren Britt (c)
Hooker 9. Craig Polla-Mounter
Front Row 10. Steve Price
Second Row 11. Steve Reardon
Second Row 12. Willie Mason
Lock 13. Darren Smith
Bench 14. Jamie Feeney
Bench 15. Barry Ward
Bench 16. Dennis Scott
Bench 17. Brent Sherwin

It went on a couple of seasons before they got done

Kilkenny

Coach
So what’s everyone’s thoughts on the fake crowd sound during matches?

I thought I heard noise during the broadcast last night? I’ll pay more attention during this evening’s games to form a view.

Hopefully by July there will be real fans back at the games, despite the usual anti sentiments expressed by our bureaucrats.

John Hamblin

Juniors
I was not unhappy to see Penrith release Wayde Egan to the Warriors. He used to score tries for fun in the lower grades but was not able to repeat this in first grade. I am like most and enjoying the speed to the game under the new rule interpretation, This will suit Wayde I hope he goes well!!!

franklin2323

Immortal
I was not unhappy to see Penrith release Wayde Egan to the Warriors. He used to score tries for fun in the lower grades but was not able to repeat this in first grade. I am like most and enjoying the speed to the game under the new rule interpretation, This will suit Wayde I hope he goes well!!!

Depth is always good. He would of been a good backup but certainly think Api is much better

Latest posts