What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 3 v Warriors

Crush

Coach
Before we get carried away. Let’s remember that Mary thinks he’s a tactical genius who can pull the wool over other coaches’ eyes by playing a different team to the one named on Tuesday.

Could easily see us running out with Aitken in the centres, Lomax at fullback and Dufty on the bench.
You had to spoil it didn't you!
I've just opened a bottle of Cristal that I had been keeping for this day and you go and say that.
A-hole......

Dragonsamy

Bench
I'm okay with that team except Merrin should be picked over Aitken (what is Mary's obsession with having an outside back on the bench that he doesn't use anyway!) And anyone should be picked over Rava. Why not Saab or Ramsay?

Ramsay is out indefinitely so not in squad

Dragonsamy

Bench
Before we get carried away. Let’s remember that Mary thinks he’s a tactical genius who can pull the wool over other coaches’ eyes by playing a different team to the one named on Tuesday.

Could easily see us running out with Aitken in the centres, Lomax at fullback and Dufty on the bench.

I hope you are incorrect but it may well happen

kit66

Bench
1. Dufty
2. Pereira
3. Wiliame
4. Lomax
5. Rava
6. Norman
7. Hunt
8. K Sims
9. McInnes (c)
10. Vaughan
11. Frizell
12. T Sims
13. Graham
14. Kerr
15. Lawrie
16. Fuimaono
17. Aitken
Aitken on the bench FFS
18. Merrin Clune Host Ford

I like it. Even Aitken on the bench, which means he's out of the centres unless there's an injury. Obviously Ford would be a far better option but.... small steps.
Merrin mustn't be impressing anyone in the training dept to be kept in reserves but that leaves room for Kerr, excellent. I'm happy, surprised and happy for now with these selections.
Go Saints !

McWrekor excuses for round 3 loss to Warriors
- travel to central coast (we planned all off season to play Warriors in NZ)
- covid-19
- Frizz signing elsewhere
- rain during the week
- rep players now don't have origin carrot (played at end of the year) which affects their motivation
- assistant coaches not assisting enough
- new dragons CEO (players haven't adjusted to the new management)
- Warriors unfair advantage of recruiting new players (on loan)
You forgot JDB.

hewi

Bench
Rapt in Lomax to centre but McInnes first game back in 6/7 months and no substitute hooker and why Aiken in front of Merrin?

matPORTS

Juniors
It's probably one of the better team sheets of the 18 months, despite Aitken still squirming his way into the 17.

Rapt in Lomax to centre but McInnes first game back in 6/7 months and no substitute hooker and why Aiken in front of Merrin?

Perhaps there is a chance of Clune getting the nod with Aitken dropping out of the 17? If Cam is lacking match fitness perhaps Clune could come on into the halves with Hunt slotting into dummy half?

Dragonsamy

Bench
It's probably one of the better team sheets of the 18 months, despite Aitken still squirming his way into the 17.

Perhaps there is a chance of Clune getting the nod with Aitken dropping out of the 17? If Cam is lacking match fitness perhaps Clune could come on into the halves with Hunt slotting into dummy half?

He going to use Euan as back up unfortunately

Kylez3

Juniors
Wow. Mary surprisingly named a solid team. Graham starting isn't ideal but I can tolerate that if he's starting lock.

Aitken at 17 is just moronic however.

Also people need to realise Merrin has no business playing 1st grade anymore. The man has become an utter joke on the field.

slippery5

Juniors
I'm okay with that team except Merrin should be picked over Aitken (what is Mary's obsession with having an outside back on the bench that he doesn't use anyway!) And anyone should be picked over Rava. Why not Saab or Ramsay?
I meant ramsay is ineligible until June 30 & Rava will be picked all year on the back of that solo try he scored R1? No matter how many stuff ups.

Last edited:

qld redvee

Juniors
Lets see if aitken gets thrown on as lock or second row like mann and Lomax have had to contend with off the bench !! Amazing how supercoaches 2 huge buys ( merrin luke ) cant make his 17 and he made it sound like a 2nd hooker off the bench was a must for this season .. How quickly does supercoach throw out his off season plans its ridiculous .. Not sold on graham at lock i would have had Fui at lock with graham as a reserve . will be interesting to see how the New centre pairing goes and if Norman and Hunt manage to give them early decent ball at least the wingers may get decent passes..
Im just worried that supercoach will have aitken on at the first opportunity thereby throwing somebody under the bus.... Interesting to see how he uses the interchange and how the pack goes wait until we meet a decent team to see if it all goes downhill