What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tronald Crump

Juniors
ANOTHER drug scandal involving the SHARKS. Will they ever learn. I hope he is innocent but it doesnt appear so. Maybe they will take Whare of us, that,s probably too much to ask.

I am stunned a Sharks player testing positive to a banned substance.:rolleyes: I am flummoxed.

As Rothfield likes to dig the boot in here with should haves. They should have kept Josh Morris!
#clubincrisis

Kilkenny

Coach
Generally the B sample is the same as the A sample so he has a problem.

Wasn’t there a story on him the last day or so about his increased speed?

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Far out, such a poorly managed club, you would think they would have learned. Watch ASAD go through them all now.

The Sharks need some major changes.

Kilkenny

Coach
Far out, such a poorly managed club, you would think they would have learned. Watch ASAD go through them all now.

The Sharks need some major changes.

It is certainly a concern. My concern is can an individual player take banned substances without the club’s sanction or knowledge or is it institutional. Given the clubs recent history this is a major issue and surely something that needs to be addressed and not again swept under the carpet. Forgetting for a minute the peptides and drugs issues, most non sharks fans would surely be of the view they should have been stripped of there premiership for blatant salary cap cheating. How can you cheat the salary cap in the years prior to and the year after winning a premiership but be all good in the year you win it? Go figure that one.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
It is certainly a concern. My concern is can an individual player take banned substances without the club’s sanction or knowledge or is it institutional. Given the clubs recent history this is a major issue and surely something that needs to be addressed and not again swept under the carpet. Forgetting for a minute the peptides and drugs issues, most non sharks fans would surely be of the view they should have been stripped of there premiership for blatant salary cap cheating. How can you cheat the salary cap in the years prior to and the year after winning a premiership but be all good in the year you win it? Go figure that one.

I think it’s something that needs to be looked into, but unfortunately for me there are only two outcomes that seem possible.
1.The Sharks knew and will be busted.
Or
2.The Sharks knew and were smart enough to distance themselves from it.

You can’t tell me that the fitness team didn’t know. There is no way.

Kilkenny

Coach
I think it’s something that needs to be looked into, but unfortunately for me there are only two outcomes that seem possible.
1.The Sharks knew and will be busted.
Or
2.The Sharks knew and were smart enough to distance themselves from it.

You can’t tell me that the fitness team didn’t know. There is no way.

Honestly mate, I have no idea. I really don’t.

All I know is the Sharks have been a basket case since allegedly 2013 when it was shown they blatantly cheated the salary cap, issues around Dank and the peptides issues, and yet the games governing body determined they were cap compliant in the yer they win the premiership so everything is all good. I truly feel sorry for there long suffering fans, they are the ones who deserved better and this latest incident is another slight on the club.

When you look at our club and way Gus Gould polarised fans views and opinions we didn’t win a premiership under his leadership but we didn’t cheat, we were never under a cloud for the drug related issues the Sharks club have been clouded by and we achieved fairly decent results.

Our club has been brought into disrepute by the Tyrone May video’s and more recently the Nathan Cleary breaching Covid 19 protocols and to that end I find it embarrassing and not good enough but putting things in perspective what the Sharks club have been involved in since 2013 make’s us choirboys in comparison.

Luke Bowden

First Grade

All I know is the Sharks have been a basket case since allegedly 2013 when it was shown they blatantly cheated the salary cap, issues around Dank and the peptides issues, and yet the games governing body determined they were cap compliant in the yer they win the premiership so everything is all good. I truly feel sorry for there long suffering fans, they are the ones who deserved better and this latest incident is another slight on the club.

When you look at our club and way Gus Gould polarised fans views and opinions we didn’t win a premiership under his leadership but we didn’t cheat, we were never under a cloud for the drug related issues the Sharks club have been clouded by and we achieved fairly decent results.

Our club has been brought into disrepute by the Tyrone May video’s and more recently the Nathan Cleary breaching Covid 19 protocols and to that end I find it embarrassing and not good enough but putting things in perspective what the Sharks club have been involved in since 2013 make’s us choirboys in comparison.

Exactly right! Good on the Sharks Fans for sticking by them, but bloody hell, how much are they expected to deal with?
I certainly feel for them.

Kilkenny

Coach
Exactly right! Good on the Sharks Fans for sticking by them, but bloody hell, how much are they expected to deal with?
I certainly feel for them.

I have supported our club for 50 years and for most of those years we haven’t performed particularly well on the field. I haven’t really got an issue with that, your support your club thru thick and thin even if the good times are few and far between.

From my perspective, I wouldn’t be comfortable as a fan if our club had of been involved in the sort’s of issues the Cronulla Sharks have been found to have been involved in since 2013. I am uncomfortable with the Tyrone May and Nathan Cleary indiscretions as a fan but they pale into insignificance in the scheme of things when you look at what the Cronulla Sharks have been involved in as a club. Again I say not the fault of the fans, but at the same time if I were a fan of the Sharks I would be absolutely appalled by what the club and certain individuals have been involved in our the last 7 years. Something has to give with the Sharks, it cannot be allowed to continue, surely. They retained there premiership when clearly they should have been stripped of it, it just makes a mockery of the game as a whole.

BxTom

Bench
Must have been sanctioned by the Sharks. No other club could organise it so badly so as to be caught...

franklin2323

Immortal

Which is why I think the culture here is fine. Just a few dickheads but that is what bad culture looks like

Kilkenny

Coach
Which is why I think the culture here is fine. Just a few dickheads but that is what bad culture looks like

I agree. Tyrone May did a really stupid thing and got caught. I sure there are other footballers out there have done similar but didn’t get caught. Same with Nathan, he just got caught and compounded his stupidity by lying. I don’t think there actions reflect a bad culture, it just reflects poor decisions by individuals. I’m not defending them but accross the club I think we remain solid and in a good place overall.

Bob

Juniors
From the Masked Panther in the Western Weekender this week

There’s some talk doing the rounds that the Panthers may be talking with Castleford Tigers prop Liam Watts, possibly as a replacement for James Tamou next season. The 29-year-old has played close to 300 games in the UK, and while he does have a contract until the end of 2023, there’s whispers that an Australian adventure may be on the cards.

mxlegend99

Referee
Any news regarding negotiations with
Stephen Crichton Brian Too
Both are off contract
Last year I heard he had knocked back a big money offer from Warriors to extend with us for a year and that he was going to sign once he returned from being overseas on rep duty.

Unfortunately that didn't happen and I haven't heard anything new since. I can't see him wanting to leave so no idea what the hold up is.

Last year I heard he had knocked back a big money offer from Warriors to extend with us for a year and that he was going to sign once he returned from being overseas on rep duty.

Unfortunately that didn't happen and I haven't heard anything new since. I can't see him wanting to leave so no idea what the hold up is.
The longer they take to extend his. Contract the more chance he could leave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts