What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

John Bateman

BadnMean

Juniors
Ouch, what a burn! Or his loss could see Raiders form plummet and with his pommy mate Luke Thompson joining him, the Dogs’ rise.

“the bulldogs will be shopping his contract to replace him with another high priced free agent who isn’t a spine player".. like who? The only one I can recall is Foran and he is a spine player, and the first half picked when fit mind you. In fact you could put Mbye and Reynolds in that category (besides the “free agent” bit) but both are also spines.

Lol. isn't Foran missing Round 3? He's had 2 months off and he's still busted. He'll be lucky to play 2.5 more games.

Hahah im sorry my guy, i couldnt get past this part of post. Champagne comedy!

1FB5E559-5134-41BB-89BE-D6123C67C081.jpeg.cc7196daaa30992c222f0cd90c0b1715.jpeg

blue bags

First Grade
maybe they're managing their salary cap well.

i'm watching sunderland til i die on netflix at the moment and the way the owner operated in one of the transfer windows in season 2 of the series to land a forward was abysmal. panicked and paid way way overs for a him. made the mistakes previous administrations made, and it didn't end well. on a side note, if you haven't watched this show, i give it a big wrap. you don't need to like soccer, sport will suffice. gives you a great insight behind the scenes into a big club in dire straits.

if a player/agent comes in with a demand that is above what you're prepared to pay, then see you later. better off getting two young edge forwards for 400k a piece than pay one 800k, had only 1 good season in the NRL and taking up that much salary cap space. you may regret the decision to let him go, but you need to operate with your principles in tact.
just contact Benny bunny boy, he has some mad scientist ideas of the cap ,

Dogs Of War

Coach
Waiting for a Bred Not Bought comment....

Doesn't help that Des didn't like going the path of say the Roosters and trying to get the better junior players to the club. Under Des our pathways were filled with crap players. He wanted it all at the top. It will take time to get those good juniors into the system and old enough to play.

Kilkenny

Coach
If John Bateman is getting $550K a season my suggestion to him is stick to it? He had a pretty good 2019 but if I was an NRL CEO I wouldn’t be giving him to much more. Decent player but certainly not worth much more than he is currently on if the figures are true.

Xcalibre

Juniors
Hahah im sorry my guy, i couldnt get past this part of post. Champagne comedy!

It will be great comedy if it happens and is very much possible knowing the Raiders. They’re never good for long.

Lol. isn't Foran missing Round 3? He's had 2 months off and he's still busted. He'll be lucky to play 2.5 more games.

What’s that got to do with the price of fish? Yes he’s not playing (or is he?) but why would you risk it when he wasn’t due back to at well into the season? Corona has actually done the club a favor in this respect. I said that he’s paid way overs too, but is a spine player, so I’m still waiting on @nick87 with all these non-spine players that the dogs supposedly went all-in on.

Eastwood and Graham were mentioned by someone. Nup, both got what they deserved. Eastwood had some great years in blue and white and wouldn’t have been on much. Graham was mostly outstanding in his time at the club. A great leader too. They let him go when he became less effective. After Des, they also offloaded the bloated contracts of Mbye and Reynolds (thanks Tigpies).

nick87

Coach
Over the last few years the bulldogs have loaded up on guys like Mbye (who they tried to make a spine player, failed, because he was never really a good spine player at any stage and im not really sure what role he plays),

Hopoate (another they tried to make a spine player and failed, they've finally figured out this guy is a centre, and pretty average one since coming back from his mission)

Now running the same gambit with DWZ who's a good winger and average fullback.

You've got big money tied up in guys like Napa and Josh Jackson, and CHN, who you now want to replace with JB when you're trotting out a a fullback who isnt in the top half of the league, maybe even bottom 5.
You've just paid substantial money for this English Thompson fella, who might be great but also not a spine player

Halves that would be playing NSW Cup at most clubs, like legitimate reserve graders and according to some reports about to ink a deal for a busted arse McCollough who was never really any good to begin with let alone now he's 30... which as bad as he is, is substantially better than what they currently have, and better than they're likely to get since no one worth a pinch of shit would want to go and play with those halves unless they're being dramatically overpaid, which you cant do because you've got your cap tied up in a bunch of overpaid non spine players!

Christ my guy. Instead of sipping the kool-aid, maybe just take a step back and redirect your energies into asking the club how the f**k they plan to get out of this mire they're in with arguably the worst spine in the league and seemingly no real plan to figure it out, other than to continually chase the big name none essential free agent

BadnMean

Juniors
Over the last few years the bulldogs have loaded up on guys like Mbye (who they tried to make a spine player, failed, because he was never really a good spine player at any stage and im not really sure what role he plays),

Hopoate (another they tried to make a spine player and failed, they've finally figured out this guy is a centre, and pretty average one since coming back from his mission)

Now running the same gambit with DWZ who's a good winger and average fullback.

You've got big money tied up in guys like Napa and Josh Jackson, and CHN, who you now want to replace with JB when you're trotting out a a fullback who isnt in the top half of the league, maybe even bottom 5.
You've just paid substantial money for this English Thompson fella, who might be great but also not a spine player

Halves that would be playing NSW Cup at most clubs, like legitimate reserve graders and according to some reports about to ink a deal for a busted arse McCollough who was never really any good to begin with let alone now he's 30... which as bad as he is, is substantially better than what they currently have, and better than they're likely to get since no one worth a pinch of shit would want to go and play with those halves unless they're being dramatically overpaid, which you cant do because you've got your cap tied up in a bunch of overpaid non spine players!

Christ my guy. Instead of sipping the kool-aid, maybe just take a step back and redirect your energies into asking the club how the f**k they plan to get out of this mire they're in with arguably the worst spine in the league and seemingly no real plan to figure it out, other than to continually chase the big name none essential free agent

Back of the net.

I guess you let them off the hook for Foran as he is at least a half- even though he has been averaging 14 games a season ever since 2015...

Xcalibre

Juniors
I thought you were daft and only knew about Canbrah @nick87 but not that bloody daft and ignorant of other clubs...

Where do I start?

You said, “You've got big money tied up in guys like Napa and Josh Jackson, and CHN, who you now want to replace with JB when you're trotting out a a fullback who isnt in the top half of the league.”

Wakey wakey nicky boy. CHN has been deregistered. Long gone. Lmao that any NRL fan wouldn’t know that. How do you know what Jackson is getting? Napa I’d assume is on a pretty good wicket since he replaced Klemmer, but doubt Jackson is on more than $500k which would be an average wage for a former rep backrower. All Canberra forwards are on chump change evidently. Thompson might be great. Well he’d go from what many call super league’s best forward to a nuffy if he didn’t perform above average in the NRL.

DWZ not in the top half? Gtfo... you’re clueless. He’s easily better than 8 other starting fullbacks. Aekins, Roberts, Isaako, Kennedy, Doeuhi, Mitchell, Papenhuyzen, Charnze.. I’d take him over all of them.

The club has already denied the signing McCullough rumour. And no he isn’t better than JMK who is the no.1 in the club for the hooking role.

“better than they're likely to get since no one worth a pinch of shit would want to go and play with those halves unless they're being dramatically overpaid, which you cant do because you've got your cap tied up in a bunch of overpaid non spine players!”

Yet they have signed several good to very good players over the last 2 years and Bateman may be next. Is he worth a pinch of shit? Still getting notifications on his insta posts? Lmfao.

You’re actually right about one thing, the halves aren’t good, but the main reason they haven’t been able to buy an established good half is because Hasler wanted to sign Foran (hmm spine player whom is very good when not injured) and the former administration payed way overs for him. Reportedly $1.3m or something crazy. Pretty sure his contract ends this year so we’ll see...

Stick to talking about raiderps only kid. You clearly know f**k all about other rugby league teams.

Xcalibre

Juniors
Back of the net.

I guess you let them off the hook for Foran as he is at least a half- even though he has been averaging 14 games a season ever since 2015...

Yep, the former admin should’ve been able to foresee he was going to be injured most of the time. Pfft, there’s only error was paying him more than double his value. That management is long gone now.

nick87

Coach
Mitchell, Papenhuyzen, Charnze.. I’d take him over all of them.

He's taking DWZ as a fullback over all these guys! ALL OF THEM.

And this guy is calling others daft and questioning their RL knowledge
Good grief.. a spectacular own goal.

Shit i hate the Broncos but Isaako is a better fullback than him too.

Hit the bricks,
*checks notes*
kid.

Latest posts