What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: ASADA and Drugs in NRL

84 Baby

Referee
There’s a months long turnaround on some criminal case testing, why would anyone expect ASADA testing to do it quicker, let alone for the results to be acted upon without further deliberation, let alone at a time when perhaps the facilities they use might be doing tests for a certain other disease.

RUGBAVITIS!!

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
There’s a months long turnaround on some criminal case testing, why would anyone expect ASADA testing to do it quicker, let alone for the results to be acted upon without further deliberation, let alone at a time when perhaps the facilities they use might be doing tests for a certain other disease.

RUGBAVITIS!!

some samples are stored for up to 10 years, they dont get analysed immediately

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
be careful what you post guys as he is not found guilty until such times as his B sample is analysed and he is formally found guilty by WASA/ASADA

at the moment its an allegation only

Bazal

Post Whore
Geez, how do you get that lucky? Win a stack of competitons, rake in millions, get busted after It's all over. Sweet.

Backlogs, other more important shit.

Also storage means they can back test when new tech comes along. See old One Nut Lance Armstrong. So it might not be that they weren't tested, just that they weren't tested for everything

Also storage means they can back test when new tech comes along. See old One Nut Lance Armstrong. So it might not be that they weren't tested, just that they weren't tested for everything
No but I believe that they're tested for pretty much everything well within ten years. Probably 99.9% under a year. Storage and retesting of remaining sample is different.

Bazal

Post Whore
No but I believe that they're tested for pretty much everything well within ten years. Probably 99.9% under a year. Storage and retesting of remaining sample is different.

Probably nearly all of them, yeah.

The bloke who gets the lanterne rouge at the Tour De France and barely makes it to the top 100 of a spring classic, or Eric the Eel, or John Hopoate after his switch to floor gymnastics, or Will Smith? Maybe not so fussed about testing ASAP.

Noise

Coach
Great photo
100785115_3332211750145751_7283533375963398144_n.jpg

Bazal

Post Whore
He was tested constantly, but always passed. Got done done through whistleblowers and retesting I think. But I'm pretty sure he's still a multimillionaire.

He's an exception though. He was using a tech they couldn't test for at the time. Still, how many athletes go from middle of the pack to the GOAT, after getting f**ken cancer? I think there was definitely a lot of denial in his case

The high level dopers are always a step ahead, unfortunately.

Gronk

Staff member

Yeah they do that blood passport thing now. Compare your something something from this year to your something something from last year.

Latest posts