What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Xerrigate

Generalzod

Immortal
My first reaction was huge disappointment as I had very high hopes for Xerri in the SOO side in the near future. This was a guy who was unstoppable in the junior comps a couple of years ago.

The league has lost a big talent in which the Sharks fans will be shaken up for some time.
The young kid farked up he’ll pay a heavy price for it...

BadnMean

Juniors
That goes without saying. 4 years will be a long time for him to be rubbed out, but at 23 when he returns, he'll be ready for SOO. I think he is that talented.

How exactly will not playing footy for 4 years make him origin ready? You realise WADA ban is serious business & he can't just PO to France or Union or even NSW/QLD Cup and play right?

GongPanther

Referee
How exactly will not playing footy for 4 years make him origin ready? You realise WADA ban is serious business & he can't just PO to France or Union or even NSW/QLD Cup and play right?
Well, he will have 12 rounds from the start of the comp to the 1st SOO to prove if he is worthy of a spot, providing of course that NSW doesn't have a mighty established centre pairing.

We'll see.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
This type of shit happens in the UFC all the time... Over there people "inform" (snitch) on others to USADA and end up getting their suspensions massively reduced.

Wonder if this option will be available to Xerri via ASADA.

Chook Norris

First Grade
Well, he will have 12 rounds from the start of the comp to the 1st SOO to prove if he is worthy of a spot, providing of course that NSW doesn't have a mighty established centre pairing.

We'll see.

Nitpicking here, but surely the ban would commence from about now. He'll have missed the entire preseason and would have to prove himself in the lower grades when his ban is finished. Ain't no one going to have that sort of match fitness to barge into first grade after a 4 year layoff. The more immediate question, if hes guilty, will be will he lose the desire to play at all. 4 years is a long time

Incorrect

Coach
Fitzsimons will no doubt try and have a field day with this in his column this week, rolling out his rib-tickling razor sharp wit, saying Xerri had "flecks of blood in his steroid sample"...

My first reaction was huge disappointment as I had very high hopes for Xerri in the SOO side in the near future. This was a guy who was unstoppable in the junior comps a couple of years ago.

The league has lost a big talent in which the Sharks fans will be shaken up for some time.

Might be a good reason why he was unstoppable.