What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Bronson Xerri fails drug test

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Is this one of those games where we have to find the 5 differences between the two pictures?

grouch

First Grade
The Cronulla Sharks. Rugby league's greatest mistake.

They were brought into the league for negative cynical reasons. Not to "expand" the competition into new areas, nor for the betterment of the game as a whole, but merely to limit the power and reach of the game's dominant club at the time. They should have gone the way of the Sth Qld Crushers.

Soon after the club was in financial strife, appointed an administrator and needed a bailout loan. The league gave them one, but didn't afford the same luxury to other struggling clubs Wests or Newtown.

Later they tried to sell the club to a celebrity quack Dr Jeff Edelstein, without NSRWL approval or advice. It was denied.

Then the CEO Paul Gow shreds a fans jersey

Then Greg Bird glasses his girlfriend and pins it on his mate

Captain Paul Gallen rips out a players stitches on the field

Peptide scandal

Salary cap cheating

CEO Damian Keogh cocaine bust

Xerri Ben Johnson

We didn't start the fire

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I’m afraid that’s the nature of the forum. Everyone has players that they think are worthy of special praise or criticism. Ive got some unpopular opinions too. It’s going to happen.

As for Dugan, he was gifted with natural skill and a physique that was built for footy, but in my opinion he has always been too focused on himself and not enough on the team. Unfortunately the dragons fed his ego to entice him to the club, and anyone who attended corporate functions during his time with us can tell you that he conducted himself like a rockstar. I don’t entirely blame him, he was a young bloke that was fawned over by all and sundry. I can see how he would start to believe the hype.

But anyway. You certainly didn’t cop it from me. But in my opinion he was definitely worth $350kpa at right centre.

Agree wholeheartedly with the opening paragraph here. Opinions differ on certain players, games, plays etc, but most importantly no-one is totally right, or totally wrong. Perspective of something is always going to be different, it's human nature.
Dugans case was, if I remember correctly, was the fullback v centre arguement and the associated $$ involved between the two positions. For all its worth it was about the $$ for Dugan not the position.

denis preston

First Grade
Rumblings from Fox last night that the whole club should be under scrutiny if you include peptides. NRL shut them down & relocate ??

Latest posts