What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Xerrigate

Kilkenny

Coach
They start measuring the performance stuff properly in junior reps, which is when the articles alleges he started using it. The baseline performance measures may have always been under the influence of PED's and certainly when they get even more into the detailed measurements in the 20s.

Seriously, if you believe he has taken these substances without significant outside assistance you obviously still believe in Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy. Doping at the alleged level involves many other persons involved not just the athlete involved Ben Johnson and Lance Armstrong to name a few. It is much more widespread than just getting into the right gym and suddenly finding access to a cocktail of performance enhancing steroids.

betcats

Referee
They start measuring the performance stuff properly in junior reps, which is when the articles alleges he started using it. The baseline performance measures may have always been under the influence of PED's and certainly when they get even more into the detailed measurements in the 20s.

I didn’t realise it was alleged it went back that far, makes sense if true.

Noise

Coach
Seriously, if you believe he has taken these substances without significant outside assistance you obviously still believe in Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy. Doping at the alleged level involves many other persons involved not just the athlete involved Ben Johnson and Lance Armstrong to name a few. It is much more widespread than just getting into the right gym and suddenly finding access to a cocktail of performance enhancing steroids.
Like having connections Through family members to obtaining and using steroids?

Quicksilver

Bench

the bloke has tested positive with numerous indicators.

I’m not sure that it points to an operation that is all that sophisticated.

Kilkenny

Coach
Like having connections Through family members to obtaining and using steroids?

Mate, you could be right and I could be 100% wrong. I’m not trying to invoke any argument here just expressing my opinion.

I don’t have any sympathy for drug cheats, whether Xerri is a drug cheat will be determined in due course although it is not looking good for him.

I do think however there is a bigger picture here? Without defending his actions he is a 19 year old kid. He surely couldn’t have made his decisions himself, he had to have been advised, consulted, call it what you will but but at the end of the day whomever supported, encouraged, advised him to take the drugs in question did not do him any favours and he is going to pay the ultimate price.

Kilkenny

Coach
the bloke has tested positive with numerous indicators.

I’m not sure that it points to an operation that is all that sophisticated.

We shouldn’t feel sorry for drug cheat’s I just can’t help feeling a kid and that is what he is has been very poorly advised or encouraged or duped or whatever into making the decision he did. He could not have come to decision to take the performance enhancing drug’s all by himself that is all I am saying.

unforgiven

Bench
Mate, I am not suggesting for one minute I have the answers, because I don’t and I could be 100% wrong have been before and likely to be again. I just don’t get this one, I really don’t. I simply don’t understand what goes thru someone’s mind to take the risk, and basically totally f**king up there future. What is the benefit of his actions and what is the reward? Just do the rehab and suck it up basically and sign your new and improved contract suggested to be in the vicinity of 500K a season. Why put that in jeopardy. i don’t get it.
There are allegations he has been using for a long time, maybe he only made the NRL because of the use of drugs. Maybe that contract would have been in jeopardy if he stopped.

Kilkenny

Coach
There are allegations he has been using for a long time, maybe he only made the NRL because of the use of drugs. Maybe that contract would have been in jeopardy if he stopped.

Maybe, but in my opinion I don’t think so. Again I have no idea and no one ever will.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Apparently this has been going on for years, and a pissed off/jealous person in junior footy has made the report to ASADA when they saw he was starting to kick on in league. What goes around comes around I guess.

BadnMean

Juniors
Just speculating here, but I'm under the impression he thought he was in the clear. Especially with the recent bragging about getting faster etc.

I don't think you'd get a result back if it were negative either as there's always a chance that the results aren't 100% accurate.

They keep the samples for I think 7-10 years & have the right to re-test them as more PED's & better tests are discovered. Since only daft buggers or relative backwaters like OZ NRL are taking obvious gear like Xerri, this allows WADA to catch guys like the BALCO scandal who were on designer steroids made by a lab 1 step ahead (10 steps ahead) of WADA caught only when a disgruntled employee handed a needle into USADA or to catch LAnce after he'd been testing clean for years- tests improved so they went back trhough his old samples...

some11

Referee
I posted this link and referenced it earlier in the thread about his brother being charged as part of a drug syndicate which involved the supply of steroids.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/eight-charged-over-alleged-drug-syndicate-20120505-1y5ii.html
His brother also killed someone in a car accident last year.

What a piece of shit.

https://7news.com.au/news/disaster-...ealed-as-mother-of-three-joanne-duke-c-557393

The family of a woman killed in Wednesday night's horror car crash in Eastwood say they're devastated the driver arrested at the scene has walked free on bail.

Mother-of-three Joanne Duke was killed when her car was ploughed into by another on Blaxland Road about 5pm.

Police arrested 28-year-old Troy Xerri, the older brother of NRL player Bronson Xerri.

They will allege he was speeding downhill when he lost control of his car and veered onto the wrong side of the road.

He then allegedly went airborne, taking out another car coming the other way before hitting Joanne's Mazda.

BadnMean

Juniors
Yep I always thought it was 2 years don’t know where the 4 years come from?

From WADA website. Also explains why they took his phone- if they prove he sourced it /took it deliberately he'll get the 4 years & can't claim he ate a pie which just happened to have 18 steroids in it.

• Some of the key changes introduced to the 2015 Code include:
  • Bans doubled to four years for intentional doping

Last edited:

BadnMean

Juniors
  • A world championships probably has more staffing for testing.
  • It was not conducted during Xmas/NY period
  • It was not during bushfires that would have potentially contaminated the lab.
  • There a multiple WADA accredited labs in Asia. Sydney is home to the only one in Oceania.

You really think doping agencies are funded well enough to be processing samples in 2 days (it takes weeks & months) & whizzing them off all over the world?

A) they are run on tight budgets, it's not CSI
B) the chain of custody of a sample has to be watertight or the whole sample is void. Another reason they don't whizz them (pun intended btw) off all over the world. It is an actual legal, step by step process not queing up for a donut from Wendy's.

txta2

Bench
Apparently this has been going on for years, and a pissed off/jealous person in junior footy has made the report to ASADA when they saw he was starting to kick on in league. What goes around comes around I guess.
Load of Hooper shit. Some where along the line the club had in house testing.

Chook Norris

First Grade

Latest posts