What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Xerrigate

newyboy

Juniors
Being young elevated T levels could have been explained away as Puberty/Adolescence etc. So too could the ~incremental increases in performance/ size etc. So Physio would have no idea, same as Doctor and Trainer may think we have a genetic freak. So it's not unreasonable that no-one noticed.

YES he could have done this by himself very easily.

Hell 25+ years ago my Relative was 15 years of age and full of Juice, approachedby a CLUB and wanting to sign him. He said sorry, i would be front page news before the end of the year and not for the reasons you want.

The unknown

Juniors
Being young elevated T levels could have been explained away as Puberty/Adolescence etc. So too could the ~incremental increases in performance/ size etc. So Physio would have no idea, same as Doctor and Trainer may think we have a genetic freak. So it's not unreasonable that no-one noticed.

YES he could have done this by himself very easily.

Hell 25+ years ago my Relative was 15 years of age and full of Juice, approachedby a CLUB and wanting to sign him. He said sorry, i would be front page news before the end of the year and not for the reasons you want.

Agree he could have easily done it himself, there is literally tutorials on YouTube on what areas to jab and recommended doses etc lol.

Plus if you’ve been to the gym regularly you’re bound to run into the odd steroid junkie who shares his experience you probably just don’t care about

Last edited:

AJB1102

First Grade
The damn illuminati fake news conspiracy against the nrl/sharks strikes again.

As a Sharkie I find it pretty embarrassing. Like we're so relevant that News Ltd, ASADA, the Roosters and the NRL all conspire to topple us.

From a PR perspective the narrative from the club and supporters should be that we're a "disappointed victim" of a silly young individual's poor choices. That's it. No extra what about what they did crap and how we're treated unfairly - that just draws the club further into it while they should be trying to stay right out and highlight its an individual f**k up we happen to be effected by.

To Dino's credit he did well. Gal should shoosh up, any opinion he has on ASADA is just as agenda driven as he accuses them of.

AJB1102

First Grade
Seriously, if you believe he has taken these substances without significant outside assistance you obviously still believe in Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy. Doping at the alleged level involves many other persons involved not just the athlete involved Ben Johnson and Lance Armstrong to name a few. It is much more widespread than just getting into the right gym and suddenly finding access to a cocktail of performance enhancing steroids.

Its really not. Especially if you've got links to OMCG (not suggesting Xerri does but ultimately that'd be the initial distributor). How much pharmaceutical knowledge you reckon the average roid monster biker who peddles ice between breaking legs has?

Last edited:
Maradonna was caught during his World Cup campaign in the USA , his performances where out of this world especially the game against Greece..after that match he was taken by an official to be tested for drugs..
They were proper/genuine performance enhancing drugs, granted cocoaine is to an extent, but the stuff he was taking in 1994 was different to the stuff he was taking in 1990.

betcats

Referee
As a Sharkie I find it pretty embarrassing. Like we're so relevant that News Ltd, ASADA, the Roosters and the NRL all conspire to topple us.

From a PR perspective the narrative from the club and supporters should be that we're a "disappointed victim" of a silly young individual's poor choices. That's it. No extra what about what they did crap and how we're treated unfairly - that just draws the club further into it while they should be trying to stay right out and highlight its an individual f**k up we happen to be effected by.

To Dino's credit he did well. Gal should shoosh up, any opinion he has on ASADA is just as agenda driven as he accuses them of.

Gal really should be quiet. There are genuine question marks over the timing of it no doubt but let the NRL handle it. IF gal keeps banging on about this all it will do will make more controversy which will lead to more pictures of this kid in a sharks jersey plastered everywhere in the media talking about drug cheating. Unless the B sample comes back different the kid has clearly and willingly cheated with not one banned substance found but four, four banned substances in his system and from what i can tell at least 3 are genuine performance enhancers(rather than masking agents etc). The best thing for the sharks, Xerri and the NRL is to handle this as quietly as possible.

T-Boon

Coach
The coaches aren't good role models to kids like this. The way they coach is to look for ways to cheat the rules. As soon as the new rules were announced a couple weeks back the coaches were proudly admitting they were looking for ways they could manipulate them. Then you have Bellamy who is next level. The coaches should remember that first they are supposed to be role models.

Quicksilver

Bench
The Sharks need to be investigated. All players should be drug tested immediately.

If that means flushing out any shit, then I'm happy for it. We have been the most investigated club in history.

Who do people think are pulling these strings though?

The turnover of players/staff/board has been a constant.

Each controversy has had separate characters.

unforgiven

Bench
How come whenever an Australian sporting star gets in PED trouble, we fall over ourselves to make excuses for them?

But when it's from another country we yell "cheats" at the top of our voice?
Only some, I'm willing to yell cheat at the top of my voice if this is shown to be true. I have no time for drug cheats.

The unknown

Juniors
Given that he was on the most well known performance enhancer(test) plus others and I dont think anyone from the sharks would be involved. There are a lot of things you can take if you had a doctor or trainer or anyone with some real knowledge of this stuff helping. He wasnt trying to mask it and he was taking things that would 100 percent show up in a test. It feels far more like a kid making an incredibly dumb decision, it he was getting advice on how to cheat from someone in the know he wouldn't be on testosterone, he'd be on some stephen dank shit with a name like 3dh55th.

And considering oil based steroids have a half life of 60 days minimum i'm not really sure how the f**k he'd thought he'd get away with it, without some sort of stephen dank backed PCT program

Chimp

Juniors
Given that he was on the most well known performance enhancer(test) plus others and I dont think anyone from the sharks would be involved. There are a lot of things you can take if you had a doctor or trainer or anyone with some real knowledge of this stuff helping. He wasnt trying to mask it and he was taking things that would 100 percent show up in a test. It feels far more like a kid making an incredibly dumb decision, it he was getting advice on how to cheat from someone in the know he wouldn't be on testosterone, he'd be on some stephen dank shit with a name like 3dh55th.
As a Sharks fan, this is exactly one of the things keeping me comfortable that it isn’t something within the club - our club have done some really dumb stuff when it comes to cheating (I’m sure our salary cap stuff is identical to what goes on at nearly all clubs, we’re just dumb enough to keep notes on computers about it), but I don’t think we’d be dumb enough to have our players on the most standard steroids that are picked up in the most basic of testing, we can’t be that dumb.
When you then add in his social circles, his brothers history with law and steroids - I’m hoping it’s just him being an absolute imbo, being advised by his imbo mates.

carcharias

Immortal
No way this is a club thing.
Even that peptides stuff was knocked on the head by Flano after 4 weeks .
He probably wasn’t even aware it was illegal at the time.
I’d never heard of a peptide at the time.
So for the club to go even further down that track after all the shit , I can’t see it.
If they have then kick us out.

Hooper made this claim of it being a club thing?
Pfft
Just add that one to the list of other bullshit stories he has told.

The unknown

Juniors

Not sure believing the dude who coached Cronulla behind closed doors while being suspended is a credible reference

Canard

Immortal
So for the club to go even further down that track after all the shit , I can’t see it.
If they have then kick us out.

Hooper made this claim of it being a club thing?
Pfft
Just add that one to the list of other bullshit stories he has told.

I don't think there has been any claim that this is a "club" thing by the media, just some LU trolls.

I also don't think holding a NRL head coach to the same drug awareness education standards as "Carch from LU" is even remotely sensible.

Generalzod

Immortal
All this Bullshit started with Ben Johnson who beat Carl Lewis fact was Car Lewis was also on banned substances....Ben was just the sacrificial lamb they where all on it.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2003/apr/24/athletics.duncanmackay

Carl Lewis has broken his silence on allegations that he was the beneficiary of a drugs cover-up, admitting he had tested positive for banned substances but claiming he was just one of "hundreds" of American athletes who were allowed to escape bans.

Latest posts