What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Xerrigate

Frailty

First Grade
See the narrative that is being formed?

Xerri is "embattled", "devastated" & "anxious" & "questions being raised over the handling of the sample" & " why has it taken 6 months?"

Let's exonerate once again an athlete knowingly putting something in his body. Piss funny.

Of course these stories happen any time a local athlete tests positive. There were plenty of stories on a devastated Shayna Jack, etc.

As for the questioning why it took 6 months. It is a valid question as it is longer than usual, directly affected the clubs decision making, etc. I don't think there is anything negligent or nefarious.

Frailty

First Grade
And we just have to take their word that they injected muscle and not a vein.

You can't prosecute without evidence. Further to that, there is no benefit to injecting it into the vein (for the record, they can inject into the vein but no more than 50mL in a 6 hour period).

Generalzod

Immortal

Xerri is "embattled", "devastated" & "anxious" & "questions being raised over the handling of the sample" & " why has it taken 6 months?"

Let's exonerate once again an athlete knowingly putting something in his body. Piss funny.
if it was you wouldn’t you want to know why it took 6 months to test the sample....

T-Boon

Coach

The options aren't (a) exonerate or (b) destroy. The other option is to calm TF down and consider whether 4 years is too long. 1 year is obviously too short I would argue 4 years is clearly too long. The right length is somewhere in between.

carcharias

Immortal

not sure where you are getting that from.
I’m definitely not sticking up for this knob.
Us ( Sharks fans ) are sick to death of this constant shit.
If he is guilty then see ya later.... Same goes for any merkin that puts us in the headlines for the wrong thing.

Frailty

First Grade
Why is it banned then

It's the method of transmission that's banned. Any substance cannot be taken intravenously (50mL per 6 hours) with obvious exceptions for genuine medical reasons.

Actovegin is not prohibited because it does not contain any bloodcells and is deproteinated. There is also little to no evidence that it actually has any benefit.

YoHadrian

Juniors
not sure where you are getting that from.
I’m definitely not sticking up for this knob.
Us ( Sharks fans ) are sick to death of this constant shit.
If he is guilty then see ya later.... Same goes for any merkin that puts us in the headlines for the wrong thing.

I'm not saying it's from Sharks fans, as much as a Dragon's fan taking the piss out of any Shark's misfortune is great fun I understand that the stench from the clowns at the League's Club there is frustrating. Those quotes are a combo from Channel 7 last night, Channel 9 today & Vlandy's on the radio.

myrrh ken

First Grade
It's the method of transmission that's banned. Any substance cannot be taken intravenously (50mL per 6 hours) with obvious exceptions for genuine medical reasons.

Actovegin is not prohibited because it does not contain any bloodcells and is deproteinated. There is also little to no evidence that it actually has any benefit.

Well the peptides did anything other than turn someone's leg black. Didn't stop Dank and we still got done for it.

If you think Dank suddenly lost his moral compass between Manly and the Sharks, that's pretty funny.

unforgiven

Bench
The world needs your type. But I bet if someone you liked was accused of cheating you would suddenly flip and see the need for balance.
No not at all mate, a cheat is a cheat, I would be upset if it was a player who I liked but I'd be disappointed at him and not the system. I have also made huge mistakes in my life, bigger than most people on here. actually bigger than Xerri's, and I accepted the consequences and moved on, . That is what Xerri needs to do if this test is confirmed.

Last edited:

unforgiven

Bench
Well the peptides did anything other than turn someone's leg black. Didn't stop Dank and we still got done for it.

If you think Dank suddenly lost his moral compass between Manly and the Sharks, that's pretty funny.
Maybe he got more room to move at the Sharks which allowed him to go further.

BadnMean

Juniors
Mate, you could be right and I could be 100% wrong. I’m not trying to invoke any argument here just expressing my opinion.

I don’t have any sympathy for drug cheats, whether Xerri is a drug cheat will be determined in due course although it is not looking good for him.

I do think however there is a bigger picture here? Without defending his actions he is a 19 year old kid. He surely couldn’t have made his decisions himself, he had to have been advised, consulted, call it what you will but but at the end of the day whomever supported, encouraged, advised him to take the drugs in question did not do him any favours and he is going to pay the ultimate price.

19 year olds don't make decisions themselves?

mate when I was 19 I hardly listened to anyone else
if it was you wouldn’t you want to know why it took 6 months to test the sample....

You realise that being signatory to WADA guidelines gives them the right - in fact duty, not just right- & TIME to investigate a positive result?

They are under no obligation to rush news of the positive result back to the cheating athlete. Who might then begin destroying evidence.

They are allowed & obliged to begin an investigation into the result- in conjunction with law enforcement if necessary to gather other evidence & intelligence around the result. All of which can be used to make the test stick or find further cheats.

There were delays around bushfires, xmas shutdown of the lab & then covid delaying things before they got through it all.

carcharias

Immortal
I'm not saying it's from Sharks fans, as much as a Dragon's fan taking the piss out of any Shark's misfortune is great fun I understand that the stench from the clowns at the League's Club there is frustrating. Those quotes are a combo from Channel 7 last night, Channel 9 today & Vlandy's on the radio.

they said the same stuff about de belin

Frailty

First Grade

But they are listed on the WADA banned list because it was a growth hormone releasing factor that has been shown to increase GH hormone and IGF in the blood. Whether the increased bioavailability actually had a physical performance effect can be disputed, but that is superfluous.