What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 R3 Sun - Panthers 14-14 Knights @ Campbelltown

Round 3: Panthers v Knights

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Haffa

Just to embellish Gong's stats, Nathan Cleary has missed 12 games since his debut in the middle of the 2016 season. We have won 9 of those 12, the 9 listed by Gong. The three losses were all in 2018.
How many of those did Maloney carry them to wins?

betcats

Referee
Burton looks like a much better player than Nathan or Luai imo he is a very exciting prospect, natural playmaker and organiser, huge boot with great touch on his kicks plus size and speed. Adding to that Jerome has carried us to wins without Cleary or Maloney in the past I am not to worried about Nathans absence

Rodney Rude

Juniors
This could go either way. Whilst Penrith have won without Cleary before, it was due to the fact they had Maloney to pick up the pieces. He is gone now so will be interesting to see how they go with two rookies steering the ship.

Forward packs even themselves out imo as do the backs. I think it could come down to what kind of game Pearce has. Could be the difference.

It’s easy to say “ Yeah but last year we put 50 on them so we should win” but it’s easy to forget the circumstances the Knights were in at the time. They had called it in by this stage with the whole coaching mess going on.

Should be a cracker

This Year?

Immortal
With superstars like Kurt Mann in the backline the Newcastle mob should find it too easy.

Addenum: Panthers 13+

The unknown

Juniors
Thought knights looked slick against us, but that was ages ago. Connor Watson lurking around the ruck at the 55-60 min mark is the key imo.

Knoughts by 4

Fangs

Coach
One Penrith should obviously win, which means its going to be a tight contest.

Panthers via a Korisau field goal.

mozza91

Coach
Game day. If we can get up with 4 of our better players missing it’ll be a huge effort.

Grapple

Bench
so much of knights attack revolves around either Ponga's brilliance from either his great support play and creativity, Pearce's short ball at the line to Fitzgibbon ala JT to Gavin Cooper, or Pearce himself running it.
Penrith need only to pressure Pearce and Newcastle have big problems.

At least Edrick Lee has some advantage in an air assault. Knights would do well to bring Lino on the bench

blaza88z

Coach
Well Panthers fans are certainly confident. I honestly think it’s a toss of the coin. I also don’t see how their pack is way better than ours either.

They once thought Matt Moylan was the next Darren Lockyer, I wouldn't take any notice

shear_joy9

Coach
Crichton starting centre with Naden dropped from the team.

good change I think. Naden's had some good moments but also plays like a potato at times. Crichton could be a star