What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CA announces 20/21 Summer schedule

TheParraboy

Staff member
Gonna clash a little bit with League if all goes ahead..

https://www.cricket.com.au/news/cri...d-west-indies-zimbabwe-afghanistan/2020-05-28

Cricket Australia has announced a full international schedule for the 2020-21 summer, underlining the organisation's growing confidence the season will be able to proceed amid loosening COVID-19 restrictions.

The full schedule includes international cricket in every month from August to February, with CA chief executive Kevin Roberts adding it is subject to change amid the uncertainty of the coronavirus pandemic.

Gillette Men's ODI Series v Zimbabwe - POSTPONED

First ODI: August 9, TBC

Second ODI: August 12, TBC

Third ODI: August 15, Riverway Stadium, Townsville

CommBank Women's T20 Series v New Zealand

First T20: September 27, North Sydney Oval

Second T20: September 29, North Sydney Oval

Third T20: October 1, North Sydney Oval

Gillette Men's T20 INTL Series v West Indies - POSTPONED

First T20: October 4, Riverway Stadium, Townsville

Second T20: October 6, Cazaly's Stadium, Cairns

Third T20: October 9, Metricon Stadium, Gold Coast

CommBank Women's ODI Series v New Zealand

First ODI: October 5, Riverway Stadium, Townsville

Second ODI: October 7, Cazaly's Stadium, Cairns

Third ODI: October 10, Metricon Stadium, Gold Coast

Gillette Men's T20 INTL Series v India

First T20: October 11, the Gabba, Brisbane

Second T20: October 14, Manuka Oval, Canberra

Third T20: October 17, Adelaide Oval

Men's T20 World Cup - POSTPONED

The men's T20 World Cup is scheduled from October 18 to November 15.

Men's Test v Afghanistan

Only Test: November 21-25, Perth Stadium (day-night)

Men's Test Series v India

First Test: December 3-7, the Gabba, Brisbane

Second Test: December 11-15, Adelaide Oval (day-night)

Third Test: December 26-30, MCG

Fourth Test: January 3-7, SCG

Gillette Men's ODI Series v India

First ODI: January 12, Perth Stadium

Second ODI: January 15, MCG

Third ODI: January 17, SCG

CommBank Women's ODI Series v India

First ODI: January 22, Manuka Oval, Canberra

Second ODI: January 25, Junction Oval, Melbourne

Third ODI: January 28, Blundstone Arena, Hobar
t

Gillette Men's ODI Series v New Zealand

First ODI: January 26, Adelaide Oval

Second ODI: January 29, Manuka Oval, Canberra

Third ODI: January 31, Blundstone Arena, Hobart

Gillette Men's T20 v New Zealand

Only T20: February 2, SCG

Last edited:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
so great to see much more women's cricket over the cricket season, more of it please

hopefully we can see this evolve into a 4/5 day test match in the not too distant future

Valheru

Coach
At this stage i don't see any reason why at minimum the test series won't have crowds.

The twenty20 WC is a chance as well given the footy codes are aiming for crowds by finals time.

simmo1

First Grade
Looks like Australia play a T20 v India the day before the world T20 opener? Surely they'll be fielding a 2nd string team for the India game?

Poor Afghanistan might be in a bit of strife if they lose the toss in a D/N Perth Test.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Some might not get excited about Zimbabwe coming but I am, especially if they play in Darwin in those TBC games. I might sneak up and watch them.

I've read where the BCCI (Bastards Controlling Cricket India) want to postpone the 2020 WC and play the IPL in that window instead.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.hind...d-today/story-o9vn25BAQULq23UGHIu3gO_amp.html

The International Cricket Council (ICC) could decide on the fate of the 2020 T20 World Cup at its board meeting on Thursday. The World T20 is scheduled in Australia from October 18 to November 15. According to ICC’s contingency plans, the 2020 World Cup can be postponed to three possible slots: February-March 2021, October 2021 or October 2022. The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI), ICC’s richest affiliate, wouldn’t want the first two options.

“Pushing the World Cup to Feb-March 2021 would eat into our bilateral FTP (Future Tours Programme, according to which India are supposed to play England at that time). It wouldn’t be wise to allow an ICC event to further dent bilateral competitions, already affected by Covid-19,” said a BCCI official who did not wish to be named.

Also read: Wicketkeepers need to be given a consistent run: Parthiv Patel

The official also said pushing the 2020 World Cup to October 2021 would mean the one India is supposed to hold at that time goes to 2022 and BCCI wouldn’t want that. “It would force us to host two World Cups in six months because the 50-over World Cup has been allotted to India in Feb-March 2023.”

The view within BCCI is that with international travel suspended, players under lockdown in different parts of the world, mandatory quarantine rules, and losses incurred from a closed-door World Cup will lead to Cricket Australia (CA) seeking a postponement. CA is said to be keener on India’s year-end tour to Australia because of the television money it could fetch.

Etc

TheParraboy

Staff member
Some might not get excited about Zimbabwe coming but I am, especially if they play in Darwin in those TBC games. I might sneak up and watch them.

I've read where the BCCI (Bastards Controlling Cricket India) want to postpone the 2020 WC and play the IPL in that window instead.

Id be keen on that too or Cairns, lovely place there full of topless backpackers when the sun is out

Yeah read the same thing though India apparently are hosting a t20 WC also...next year (scratches head)

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...r-tax-exemption-bcci/articleshow/76060445.cms

TheParraboy

Staff member
so great to see much more women's cricket over the cricket season, more of it please

hopefully we can see this evolve into a 4/5 day test match in the not too distant future

Agree

enjoy watching them play

Love to see them play at least one test per summer here

TheParraboy

Staff member
Don't mind ABs suggestion of 5 tests v India, but as long as its every 4 years only, and of course 5 tests over there every 4 years. And when India Or Poms are touring here, means its a money bonanza, there is no reason why we cant add a 6th test for the summer v a minnow like Ireland, Afghanistan or NZ :p (tonguie in cheek bro's)

TheParraboy

Staff member
Damm,

Next on the hit list to be postponed or cancelled is the Womens NZ v Oz ODI series in late Sept and the Oz Mens t20 series v WI in mid Oct, which may lead to the T20 WC being postponed as well :(

Victoria (and other nations) dont get their shit together we will struggle to even get any international cricket in this year or summer :(

Big bash may have an NRL feel about it, players in a bubble and no crowds

Timbo

Staff member
I wonder if Seven will look at covering a match of the round of the Shield if we don’t get any test cricket?

I think what would be more likely is Australia and New Zealand organise Trans-Tasman series to fill the gap.

Valheru

Coach
I wonder if Seven will look at covering a match of the round of the Shield if we don’t get any test cricket?

I think what would be more likely is Australia and New Zealand organise Trans-Tasman series to fill the gap.

I'm pretty confident of the test series going ahead even if there is no fixture in Melbourne.

Twenty20 WC looks dire though.

undertaker

Coach

Very poor scheduling once again. One way to solve the solution of too long of a BBL season....is to make it even longer!

Also, several of the BBL matches go head-to-head with international matches, such as 2 of the 3 scheduled ODIs vs India in January. Great way to cannibalise the tv audience!

Last edited:

Timbo

Staff member

Very poor scheduling once again. One way to solve the solution of too long of a BBL season....is to make it even longer!

Also, several of the BBL matches go head-to-head with international matches, such as 2 of the 3 scheduled ODIs vs India in January. Great way to cannibalise the tv audience!

I don’t mind too much. The odds of the India series going ahead are shrinking by the day. It may well be the only cricket we get on TV this summer.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Unless things get really crazy, I can see the Indian test series going ahead. Though no crowds would suck

The stumbling block would be whether India would adhere to the covid protocols we would have in place, they wouldn't have a choice especially if BCCI would want the coin it would generate

If Pakistan and West Indies can travel to Englands for a test series, and cv19 is way worse over there. Then Australia will be a walk in the park

Timbo

Staff member
Unless things get really crazy, I can see the Indian test series going ahead. Though no crowds would suck

The stumbling block would be whether India would adhere to the covid protocols we would have in place, they wouldn't have a choice especially if BCCI would want the coin it would generate

If Pakistan and West Indies can travel to Englands for a test series, and cv19 is way worse over there. Then Australia will be a walk in the park

Apparently they’re planning the IPL in October in Dubai? Wouldn’t give the Indian players much time to quarantine.

I wonder where the best place to play it would be if it keeps spiking in Victoria and NSW - Queensland could be a shout, play matches at the Gabba, Metricon and AB Field so you can get different conditions?

Last edited:

TheParraboy

Staff member
Apparently they’re planning the IPL in October in Dubai?

Wouldn’t give the Indian players much time to quarantine.

I wonder where the best place to play it would be if it keeps spiking in Victoria and NSW - Queensland could be a shout, play matches at the Gabba, Metricon and AB Field so you can get different conditions?

4 tests at the Gabba?
I can safely say Team India would not agree to that :D

But agree, wont be like crowds matter. QLD (at this point) looks the go to place. Cairns may be another option?

Timbo

Staff member
4 tests at the Gabba?
I can safely say Team India would not agree to that :D

But agree, wont be like crowds matter. QLD (at this point) looks the go to place. Cairns may be another option?

Weather might be a bit dicey that far into summer?

jargan83

Coach
2 Tests in Brisbane, 2 Tests in Perth. (BCCI will never let this happen though)

If Sydney doesn't go full second wave they can keep a Test.

Latest posts