What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 3 v Warriors

Crush

Coach
You have just answered your own question. Injuries shorten careers and if he cant perform now or this year early on I am afraid there are no more excuses.
I have seen impact from him in 1 game for us where he scored atry from close range. And I will give him credit he takes the ball up pretty hard..but
The rest is mediocre including his lateral movement in defence..he has been caught out dropping off on several occasions
He has been on the fringe (bench) of 1st grade for too long (Newc, Brisb and now us) ...cant keep carrying them especially injury riddled ones.
I didn't ask a question.

Dragon David

First Grade
You have just answered your own question. Injuries shorten careers and if he cant perform now or this year early on I am afraid there are no more excuses.
I have seen impact from him in 1 game for us where he scored atry from close range. And I will give him credit he takes the ball up pretty hard..but
The rest is mediocre including his lateral movement in defence..he has been caught out dropping off on several occasions
He has been on the fringe (bench) of 1st grade for too long (Newc, Brisb and now us) ...cant keep carrying them especially injury riddled ones.
K Sims wasn't much chop when he played for the Broncos in the game against us late in 2018 when T Sims went right through him and scored at will in that game. I have serious doubts about his condition and certainly his lateral defence and I keep thinking how he might favour the arm he had broken last year when he has to do a bit of hard tackling up front.

Crush

Coach
Just say thankyou would be nice...;).. for helping out your misunderstandings of why I wrote something
"I'm still not understanding the K SIMS on his last chance stuff"
Question: What does BLM01 stand for?

Old Timer

Coach
You did say the same thing about Tariq too when he first came to Dragons.
Hopefully Korbin proves you wrong as well OT.
Tariq has gone a bit better than I thought but for mine he is neither marquis or as good as some profess him to be.

He had a purple patch and was rewarded but has had some very ordinary moments as well so he needs to back it up this year for me to be convinced I was totally incorrect.

Crush

Coach
Tariq has gone a bit better than I thought but for mine he is neither marquis or as good as some profess him to be.

He had a purple patch and was rewarded but has had some very ordinary moments as well so he needs to back it up this year for me to be convinced I was totally incorrect.
Tune in this Saturday at 3pm for a Sims brothers masterclass. Tariq is going to run riot on the edge.

Bench
Watching the Broncos tonight I can’t see Graham being able to keep up with the play, new rules makes the game a lot faster.
The virtual crowd noise Fox is using is something new, they should have put some crowd shots in the coverage, but they tried that before.

Crush

Coach
Get back to me when he does it against 4 or 5 top 8 sides
He goes Ok against top teams, dont worry about Tariq. I have great memories of watching him destroy the Sharks at the back end of 2016.
A forgettable year but a nice memory.

Old Timer

Coach
He goes Ok against top teams, dont worry about Tariq. I have great memories of watching him destroy the Sharks at the back end of 2016.
A forgettable year but a nice memory.
As I said he had a purple patch and a few good games

He can prove me wrong by having a good year so good luck to him but he will need to be consistent as I don’t think a few good games and a few big hits cuts it for me like it does for others.

Old Timer

Coach
So is it 4 or 5 good games against top 8 sides or a whole year?
As usual your comprehension and ability to interpret a theme is severely lacking.

Do try and follow things more closely before making argumentative and silly statements.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
As usual your comprehension and ability to interpret a theme is severely lacking.

Do try and follow things more closely before making argumentative and silly statements.
Lol.. You and your “comprehension” comeback is like Mary & his tries from kicks defence. Comes out on when he’s on the backfoot and seen as complete tripe to everyone else except him.

Simple question - what will make you respect Sims? 4 or 5 good games against a top 8 side, or a whole solid year?

Or is your own comprehension failing?

Last edited:

Dragon David

First Grade
Watching the Broncos tonight I can’t see Graham being able to keep up with the play, new rules makes the game a lot faster.
The virtual crowd noise Fox is using is something new, they should have put some crowd shots in the coverage, but they tried that before.
The broadcasters must have read a post I put on the Forum some time ago when the league first started this year without any crowds. I mentioned that they should put up poster type pictures of people and bringing in the crowd noise that they would have from previous live games that they recorded. The crowd noise is reasonably effective but it would be too difficult to have pictures of spectators right around the ground - I pity the persons who would have to put them up and then take them down.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
The broadcasters must have read a post I put on the Forum some time ago when the league first started this year without any crowds. I mentioned that they should put up poster type pictures of people and bringing in the crowd noise that they would have from previous live games that they recorded. The crowd noise is reasonably effective but it would be too difficult to have pictures of spectators right around the ground - I pity the persons who would have to put them up and then take them down.
Whilst it’s nice to think they’ve scoured depth of the Internet to find your post, I think you’ll find it’s on the back of overseas sports doing the same thing months ago...