What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1 Ref

BLM01

First Grade
How good is one ref

Best thing the NRL has done since the corner post rule change
Liked it. Thought early on he was going to let em wrestle just like recent games but he pinned Broncos a few times and it worked and cleaned the ruck up a bit.
I just hope they go back to 1908 and get touch judges to do their part also and probably learn the rules again as they have not had to worry about it for the past 10+ years.
Now it is over to our learned coach to work out soem game plans to exploit a quicker ruck.
He did say today now that there is only 1 ref...he will be watching losely...1 is easier than 2.
Another ready made excuse perhaps!...
The refs must be quivering at the thought of a Mary outburst...as another footprint lands their way

Last edited:

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I like it but miss that Sheila poking her head in the ruck pointing and telling the players how to play the game. Did I mention with her arse no long the focus of the game.
Once again, but in English please.

Old Timer

Coach
The media for the moment are going lightly re any mistakes that are made.

If they start intensifying scrutiny as is their nature then it will become a shit fight as they are the reason we had 2 refs in the 1st place.

They almost started to be critical with the touchies calling passes forward when they put up the old chestnut "it looks like it went backwards out of the hand" but thank god that got shut down fairly quickly.

The public need to show they can tolerate a mistake or 2 in the interests of a far better looking spectacle.

SaintPeter

Juniors
I have too many memories of STGI being dudded by one referee, e.g. Bill Harrigan, etc, etc, to go back to this system.
It has been better for us, having two, as it reduced the bias (against us), some what.