What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Super League to Return on Opening August Weekend

Pommy

Coach
Thanks! and wow! That is actually really good of Sky, just goes to show the tantrum 9 threw was all about control and politics.

Obviously I don’t know the ins and outs of sky’s business but super league is probably fairly insignificant to them, NRL to 9 wouldn’t have been.

t-ba

Post Whore
Obviously I don’t know the ins and outs of sky’s business but super league is probably fairly insignificant to them, NRL to 9 wouldn’t have been.

It's just some cheap filler content that rates quite well for its cost really isn't it?

titoelcolombiano

First Grade

You're absolutely right, I would have thought that the scenario would have played out the other way around though:

NRL extremely significant to 9's ratings success = treat NRL with absolute respect
SL filler content for their sports channel = treated with lack of respect with little care for the financial state of the game

Pommy

Coach
It's just some cheap filler content that rates quite well for its cost really isn't it?

Well it’s certainly dwarfed by EPL after that it’s probably almost insignificant to them. Probably not far off a rounding error.

deluded pom?

Coach
Every sport in the U.K. is insignificant compared to soccer but RL is certainly towards the top end of Sky viewing figures for the rest. RL is vastly underpaid by Sky in comparison to other sports that don’t bring in the same sort of viewer numbers. Sky have RL over a barrel. They pay just enough to keep SL a full time comp, nothing more, nothing less. Unfortunately there isn’t any competition at the moment for the tv rights so Sky pay the bare minimum.