What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New restrictions closing clubs - this could be big trouble

Kilkenny

Coach
500 legally is correct but practically due to table service only 100 is it

It would appear there is still some conjecture over how many patrons can be accommodated in some of the larger venues and whether there can be fifty persons in each separate enclosed space? Perhaps things will become somewhat clearer next week after June 1.

franklin2323

Immortal
It would appear there is still some conjecture over how many patrons can be accommodated in some of the larger venues and whether there can be fifty persons in each separate enclosed space? Perhaps things will become somewhat clearer next week after June 1.

The club has said 700 as of Monday. Much better

Kilkenny

Coach
The club has said 700 as of Monday. Much better

I was told something similar on Wednesday at golf so hopefully that is the case.

There are more severely hit countries coming out of lockdown with a 1000 new cases a day and more deaths in one day than we have endured in two months but our medical health experts continue to promote the doom and gloom.

Im sorry but when I hear our so called experts say we cannot get back to being at the footy this season at all it just makes me mad. 12 new cases Australia wide yesterday it makes my blood boil it really does.

BxTom

Bench
I was told something similar on Wednesday at golf so hopefully that is the case.

There are more severely hit countries coming out of lockdown with a 1000 new cases a day and more deaths in one day than we have endured in two months but our medical health experts continue to promote the doom and gloom.

Im sorry but when I hear our so called experts say we cannot get back to being at the footy this season at all it just makes me mad. 12 new cases Australia wide yesterday it makes my blood boil it really does.
So how many people dying is ok by you?

soc123_au

Staff member
So how many people dying is ok by you?
A lot of them would be dying from the flu anyway. Considering anyone dying with a bit of a cough is being recorded as a covid death we are probably in front of where we would be in a normal year with flu deaths. We are all going to go at some point.

BxTom

Bench
A lot of them would be dying from the flu anyway. Considering anyone dying with a bit of a cough is being recorded as a covid death we are probably in front of where we would be in a normal year with flu deaths. We are all going to go at some point.
Each of the deaths from Covid 19 are CONFIRMED not guessed. Stop making stuff up. I'd like the footy to be up and running as normal as much as anyone, but not at the cost of however many deaths you may think justifies it.

Dave's mate

Juniors
Each of the deaths from Covid 19 are CONFIRMED not guessed. Stop making stuff up. I'd like the footy to be up and running as normal as much as anyone, but not at the cost of however many deaths you may think justifies it.
@soc123_au is old enough to be deep in the high risk category. Leave the old fella alone

franklin2323

Immortal

Last weekend I was told 100 was the very early plan but had meetings this week to confirm plans. Found out they could handle more so good result.

They are still jumping at shadows I think. Pretty much been 0 locally transmitted cases for over a week now

franklin2323

Immortal

They are confirmed to have Covid 19.. not that it was the only issue.

Take the nursing home deaths. Someone that is fit and healthy isn’t in a home so likely had several issues

soc123_au

Staff member
Not made up at all. I'm not just talking Australia there either. Just because you have covid doesnt mean that is what killed you. I'm not advocating that everything reopens too soon either, it's a horrible virus & Australia has done a great job in handling it for the most part. But a lot of deaths would have still happened from other causes.

blue bags

First Grade
UPDATED 29 MAY 2020
We’re happy to announce the Crown Dragon Chinese Restaurant will reopen on Friday 5th June at 12pm.

27 MAY 2020
We are excited to inform you that the much anticipated re-opening of St George Leagues Club will take place on Monday 1 June, 2020 at 12 Midday. This has been made possible by a further relaxation of government restrictions on the number of patrons permitted in our venue and the services we are able to provide.

Initially, facilities on the ground floor of the club including the Monte Carlo Room will operate daily from 12 Midday until late. The Jubilee Brasserie will offer a cook to order menu between the hours of 12pm and 10pm Sunday-Thursday and between 12pm and Midnight Friday-Saturday with increased options for lunch 12pm-2.30pm and dinner 5.30pm-9.30pm daily. Our Monte Carlo Bar Menu will be available after the Brasserie closes each day. Service from our ground floor cafes and bars will also be available throughout our trade period for your convenience.

This is a much welcomed move towards a return to the social freedoms we have all missed during the period of lockdown however we acknowledge that as a community we must remain cautious and vigilant. Social distancing guidelines and a comprehensive program of cleanliness and hygiene measures will apply on our re-opening aimed at ensuring the safety and welfare of our much valued patrons and staff.

We hope to see you at the club in the coming weeks and look forward to welcoming you back. Thank you in advance for your understanding and co-operation as we navigate the preliminary phase of our re-opening.

Warm Regards,
The Board and Management
St George Leagues Club

https://stgeorge.org.au/re-opening-monday-june-1/

Latest posts