What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 3 v Warriors

Dragsters

First Grade
2 months of no footy, i was really looking forward to seeing the red V run out today.

Its been said a million times, but this club now has no soul. Zero. If anyone had an excuse today it was the Warriors. Yet, they completed, competed, and kept us to nil. Five games in NO other club has been kept to zip. With the ball more in play ( the 6 again rule ), and teams backtracking its inexcusable the rubbish we dished out.

We are years away from being competitive, let alone a title threat.

True Tru.

Although I reckon if they punt McGregor, the team would respond to a new coach (whoever that is) or even if Shepard took over in the interim.

McGregor = Handbrake...

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
McGregor = Handbrake...
Don’t be so harsh on handbrakes.

They can still pull off impressive performances:
SpiritedWeeFallowdeer-small.gif

FlameThrower

Bench
2 months of no footy, i was really looking forward to seeing the red V run out today.

Its been said a million times, but this club now has no soul. Zero. If anyone had an excuse today it was the Warriors. Yet, they completed, competed, and kept us to nil. Five games in NO other club has been kept to zip. With the ball more in play ( the 6 again rule ), and teams backtracking its inexcusable the rubbish we dished out.

Agree 100% soulless club and spineless board.

boardlumps62

Juniors
No way McIdiot is telling the players to follow a game plan because there is none. Dufty should have been in it all day dart from dummy half. No kicking game dying with it on the last. No pressure. Bombs in midfield absolutely no pressure. Run and passing shit no thrust.
No they are not even doing themselves proud f.. K the coach they are better than that.

I honestly thought we would beat a depleted Warriors side today.
Instead, we made them look like world beaters.

SGMax

Juniors
Price didn't get it, Mary doesn't get it either....
You have to put pressure on the opposition with your defence.
You have to move forward and reduce the space and time they have to do their plays.

On so many plays our defence made no effort to move off their 10m mark.
They just stood there and waited.

No wonder the warriors barely made an error all night.
No wonder they made 60+m on nearly every set.
We can't win if we are starting every set on our 10m line.

I am glad they wore the red strip today.
The Red V should not be associated with such a poor performance.

Last edited:

Old Timer

Coach
My real take aways from today are around the following bubbles that have burst if people are fair dinkum
  • Flanno & Shep have any tangible input.
  • Sims Bros Inc.
  • Dusty is the answer at 1 or winning the scrimmage at training as career coach put it.
  • Williame is anything more than a Superleague hac
  • Lawrie is a 1st grade prop that makes a difference.
  • Graham has any more games in him.
  • Our halves are ever going to combine.
  • Our halves would be sought after by any other team
  • That our wingers are actually a real big problem compared to other issues because without them today it would have been even uglier.
  • We practise kicking at training.

FlameThrower

Bench
Kearney is regarded by many as the worst coach in the NRL.
Today, McGregor became undisputed in that regard IMO.
Our kicking game was absolutely woeful.
Kept kicking down RTS' throat with no kick chase pressure.
Our last tackle options were pathetic - died with the ball on numerous times.
Can our halves really be that bad in terms of game management?
I really wonder sometimes.
Very pedestrian in attack and while all credit must go to the wounded Warriors, what more does McGregor have to prove before they actually sack him?
The Club is committing football and commercial suicide persevering with this imposter.
COVID19 restrictions have saved the Club even more embarrassment as after this, you’d have even more shrinking crowds to already declining crowd numbers.
I swear I saw some of those Dragons Fans cardboard cutouts leave early too....

SGMax

Juniors
We offer nothing. When Frizell goes we will offer less.

There is no way we would win this regardless, however, is anyone else seeing the calls going dramatically against us? There has been some shocking calls, no forward passes pulled up, that last try was extremely suspect yet not even checked.

As I say though, we would not win even if the warriors had not turned up, but it looks pretty clear that the officials were not taking any chances.

Agree, we don't win this regardless but the calls didn't help.
Did you see early in the 1st half, we were tackled on the last 2m out and the ref restarts them 10m out..... the lack of calls for slowing the play the ball when the Dragons were pinged twice early in the game.
then there was the tackled in the air call, at least the commentators noticed this one.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
That was a rubbish performance, one of the worst ive seen. We are completely rudderless in attack. We need new halves and a new coach at an absolute minimum. Hopefully Hunt is injured, usually I wouldn't wish injury on anyone but I just cant see Clune been given a go without it. I will say though the ref really did look like they wanted to help that Warriors fairytale somewhat, not that we would have won anyway but we seemed to get pinged for everything while they seemed to get for nothing.

Latest posts