What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 3 v Warriors

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
The only team we have beaten in the last 13 rounds is the Titans. We haven't beaten a top 8 team in 13 months. Yet McGregor is only 3 games into his new contract. Let that sink in.
It’s the Titans’ fault?

f**k you, Gold Coast. With your sun and your surf and your beautiful people and your Mary extensions.

George Dragon

Juniors
100798567_3130514113673882_2319004485520719872_n.jpg

SAP58

Juniors
Sap58
In the presser he virtually backtracked changes because the reserves arent getting any game time ..Changes will be made IF IF IF he feels there can be a right adjustment made
so prepare for a long long long season unless he gets an early retirement package
I refuse to listen to his excuses game after game but I agree it is going to be a long long season as he hasn’t got the balls to resign. He may have played for us but he is not a real dragon otherwise he would resign. All goes back to our joke of a Board that signed him last year without a performance clause. Business 101 ?

Dragon David

First Grade
I honestly thought we would beat a depleted Warriors side today.
Instead, we made them look like world beaters.
I thought the same Dennis but the Warriors showed true grit not like our underdone squad. I, like most of us Dragons fans looked forward to this day with some hope of us winning. Like a fool I made mention on the forum that we would win. I just ended up with an empty stomach and a dry mouth from all the yelling and swearing and nothing left in the tank just like the Dragons had nothing on the scoreboard except a big fat zero.

It was just an anticlimax to what seemed such a bright sunny day ending in embarrassment and a lot of uncertainty with where we are heading in this competition. I just do not think we have it in us to succeed just like all the previous years after Bennett. Mary won't be sacked and will continue on his merry way into 2021. His excuses will be useless and senseless but convincing enough for the Board to keep him employed at the Dragons but his contract will certainly not be renewed.

Dragon David

First Grade
My real take aways from today are around the following bubbles that have burst if people are fair dinkum
  • Flanno & Shep have any tangible input.
  • Sims Bros Inc.
  • Dusty is the answer at 1 or winning the scrimmage at training as career coach put it.
  • Williame is anything more than a Superleague hac
  • Lawrie is a 1st grade prop that makes a difference.
  • Graham has any more games in him.
  • Our halves are ever going to combine.
  • Our halves would be sought after by any other team
  • That our wingers are actually a real big problem compared to other issues because without them today it would have been even uglier.
  • We practise kicking at training.
I won't respond to all the points you have made Old Timer but I agree with them . I just want to say that I don't think that Flanno is a good assistant. Neither he nor Sheppard would have any tangible input going by how we played today. I think Flanno is a good head coach but not assistant as like those others who have tried to assist Mary, he fails because Mary has the final say.

Dragon David

First Grade
COVID19 restrictions have saved the Club even more embarrassment as after this, you’d have even more shrinking crowds to already declining crowd numbers.
I swear I saw some of those Dragons Fans cardboard cutouts leave early too....
Hahaha! Very good.

Dragsters

First Grade
COVID19 restrictions have saved the Club even more embarrassment as after this, you’d have even more shrinking crowds to already declining crowd numbers.
I swear I saw some of those Dragons Fans cardboard cutouts leave early too....

Probably booing on their way out...

Dragon Blood

Juniors
Agree CC.
Apart from the last few games in 2018 he’s been largely cumbersome. I thought he might have come on since then.
Lawrie offers Block zero

Expected some flair today due to new rules but was prepared for the old same boring dragons footy under McNo-idea

In summary I got what I expected and will probably cancel my Kayo account after cancelling my fox sports subscription. I'm not spending a cent more on boring Dragons footy as all the top footy played is free to air on 9 with proper coached teams

redv13

Bench
The way the games look to be going this year we cannot afford to carry Lawrie, Graham and a crap 17 like Aitken. Gonna be a loooong year!!

Dragsters

First Grade
I thought the same Dennis but the Warriors showed true grit not like our underdone squad. I, like most of us Dragons fans looked forward to this day with some hope of us winning. Like a fool I made mention on the forum that we would win. I just ended up with an empty stomach and a dry mouth from all the yelling and swearing and nothing left in the tank just like the Dragons had nothing on the scoreboard except a big fat zero.

It was just an anticlimax to what seemed such a bright sunny day ending in embarrassment and a lot of uncertainty with where we are heading in this competition. I just do not think we have it in us to succeed just like all the previous years after Bennett. Mary won't be sacked and will continue on his merry way into 2021. His excuses will be useless and senseless but convincing enough for the Board to keep him employed at the Dragons but his contract will certainly not be renewed.

1 win from the last 13 and that was against last year's wooden spooners.

If that sort of form continues, he won't see the season out, let alone next year...

Last edited:

IMO

Juniors
On a positive note it was nice to see most of the dragons players so happy for the efforts of the warriors players after the match. May not get a premiership this year but good chance of picking up the sportsmanship award

Wittenberg

Juniors
Lawrie offers Block zero

Expected some flair today due to new rules but was prepared for the old same boring dragons footy under McNo-idea

In summary I got what I expected and will probably cancel my Kayo account after cancelling my fox sports subscription. I'm not spending a cent more on boring Dragons footy as all the top footy played is free to air on 9 with proper coached teams
Agree re Lawrie. He is simply one paced and predictable. Mind you his instructions might just be ‘ run straight with the ball tucked into your chest and take no risks.’

Latest posts