What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

His performance today was atrocious. He had hardly any excuses left in him, so he blamed the players and told everyone he was staying.

Watching him looking miserable was the only cheery thing about the press conference.

All the other losing coaches have dignity and some insight. They don’t tell their fans that personally they have a contract. He’s a flog headed tool of the highest order.

He’s a Delusional, selfish idiot.

RedVDave

First Grade
Dear Media one question. If McFraud came on to the open market, what club would be interested in him in ANY football department role???

As a performance trainer he was a failure.
As an assistant coach he was a failure.
So we reward him with a 3 year deal for not making the finals after he took over from Price expecting him to be a success as a head coach.
We are the worst run club in the league by a country mile we reek of stupidity.

getsmarty

Immortal
Under-fire Paul McGregor admits Dragons ‘looked like strangers’ in Warriors shutout
NRL Premiership
mark_st_john.jpg

3d159ed5e76563b49181c24cf91b3ac5

Dragons coach Paul McGregor is under pressure with his side 0-3.Source: AAP
Paul McGregor has brushed off conjecture over his own future, but called out his players following a disappointing 18-0 shutout against the Warriors.
The Dragons struggled with their kicking game and failed to pressure a Warriors side that was weakened by a number of injuries to key forwards.

“It (my future) has been raised consistently,” McGregor admitted.

“I’m three games into a two-year contract. I’ve got good staff. I’ve made a lot of changes. I’ve got good people around me.

“I’ve got a football team that I believe in. We’ve just got to go out and play well.”

However McGregor admitted his side were not up to scratch when it came to the effort areas and lacked cohesion at Central Coast Stadium.

“Attitude is a by-product of belief and today at times they looked like strangers out there,” McGregor said.

“We didn’t do anything at speed and a couple of the tries they scored needed to be defended and they weren't. Your defence is all about your attitude.

“We were on the backfoot most of the day.

“There is no secrets here we have to be better.

“Credit to the opposition, but that is no excuse for us. We needed to beat them and we didn’t.”

McGregor said he would wait to review the match, but forecast potential changes given the disappointing display from the team who are now 0-3.

“There is no reserve grade game so how do the players in waiting get an opportunity? And that’s through players not performing on game day,” McGregor said.

“If we feel the right adjustment to the team needs to be done then there will be changes. If we don’t then we won’t. But it will certainly be a discussion point early in the week.”

McGregor admitted his side were out-enthused by the Warriors, who completed an amazing 45 from 47 sets.

“It’s got to come from within,” McGregor said.

“Belief is a by-product of success too and we’ve lost a few games and we are coming off not a great year, so we’ve got to find that.

“Passion is getting the players excited. It is being ready for the contest. It is about being in the moment and going after it, so that comes down to the individual.

“It is a 20 week competition and each week eats away pretty quickly.

“It is about performing now and certainly not thinking you can catch it up later because it is not there and today wasn’t good enough.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...3/news-story/a9658435f7d3d609d4c3a3e8ed513f73

Qapm

Juniors
If they "can't afford" to sack him, then demote him to coaching the CC squad (think about that for a moment!) and just appoint Shep as caretaker, with obvious help from his "assistant coach"

St. George can still keep him on contract.

Like I said last season, they keep him on but he's in charge of the tuck shop down in Wollongong (no, not the tuck shop in Kogarah - how's he going to get there when he's still banned from Rockdale and Kogarah Stations, the 476 and 477 buses and we have Sack Mary agents covering the Capt. Cook and Tom Ugly's bridge 24/7??).

The excuse making bastard can sell pies and sausage rolls until the club gets its money back...

Bench
It’s obvious he has no game plan, our completion we’re not to bad
I feel changes need to me made
That change is the sacking of the imposter,
I can’t wait to see what changes he makes next round, i see Lafai and Aitken back, which would be a joke Lomax had a pretty good day. The halves are the problem, Norman should be dropped, Hunt to 6 and Clune to 7
Dufty failed once again. I thought would be a rovers dog behind our pack
But McIdiot still wants to use the only plan he knows, five runs by the forwards then a kick
The kicking game was quite disappointing again
Looking at the table and the way the team is playing we won’t be contenders for finals and 2021 will be a repeat of 2019/2020
No Tyson will weaken our forwards and there isn’t any one in our team to match his performances over the years
Who knows who else might be jumping ship, rumours that Vaughan wants out, and he won’t be the last

Kylez3

Juniors
I'd like to give a shout out to The Silverdale Phantom for his quality input around these parts recently. It's not every day you see a Tigers supporter who is willing to spend time 'red pilling' the Rugby League community about what a basket case this club has become, largely thanks to Mary and his cronies.

Banjo2014

Juniors
James Graham
28 minutes played
28 tackles - good effort
49 meters gained
One googy egg on his right cheekbone

Paul McGregor
80 minutes coached
Half time pep talk ineffective
Game Plan non existent
Needs to be fired immediately

I could go on - even though I absolutely do not have a wrap on Ravalawa he did make 262 meters although two errors.

Dufty topped the error list with 3.

Fantasy points interesting

upload_2020-5-31_4-55-9.png

McGregor has to go - you would honestly think that he would put his hand up, cut a deal with management re pay and move on.

Banjo2014

Juniors
Molly McGregor to institute 10 new coaching techniques:-

Walking barefoot along Scarborough Park to feel the earth's minerals
Players will take the train to the game and walk to the ground
Tighter jerseys to be worn on game day to stop opposition from tackling us
Team will visit the closest butterfly farm the night before game day
HR Night - each player will stand in front of the player group for ten minutes and finally introduce themselves
Each week a member of the dragon army will be invited to give the half time pep talk
Kim Kardashian cardboard cut out - each win a piece of clothing will be taken off
Pauline Hansen cardboard cut out - each loss a piece of clothing will be taken off
All players to attend yoga classes at the closest senior citizen center - in Wollongong or St George areas
Team group to report to closest council and work the garbage truck - see what the other half do for a living

As for Mary - he should watch repeats and re runs of Craig Bellamy's passion whilst sitting in the box watching the Storm - I just watched McGregor's Post Game Interview - absolutely no emotion, no outrage or no ooomph anywhere in his psyche.

FIRE MOLLY

Last edited:

matPORTS

Juniors
All the suggestions in other threads about team selections, who should be in/out of the side, playing in what position, etc are fantastic and all...

However, it is not going to make a world of difference unless McGregor is moved on. He is not the man to be overseeing such changes. He is no chance of coming up with the necessary adjustments in game plans to suit any re-formed side.

He has already proven this fact by his most recent f*** up of planning to run Lomax at full back but then moving him out of that position a game later - in fact Lomax has had two positional changes since. This has resulted in Lomax having three bog average games (definitely not totally his fault).

So, who is going to be thrown under the bus this week? But then he also has the audacity to say in the press conference that he has "good staff around him"... I suppose that is until we have our 'review' at the end of the season and they're swiftly moved on?

Three games into a two year contract? Already alluded to by others that he is a turd you just can't flush. Get a plumber in ffs and get rid of it !!

LINESPEED

Juniors
St. George can still keep him on contract.

Like I said last season, they keep him on but he's in charge of the tuck shop down in Wollongong (no, not the tuck shop in Kogarah - how's he going to get there when he's still banned from Rockdale and Kogarah Stations, the 476 and 477 buses and we have Sack Mary agents covering the Capt. Cook and Tom Ugly's bridge 24/7??).

The excuse making bastard can sell pies and sausage rolls until the club gets its money back...

Well Ryan Webb
on your Day 55
Do your job

& pick up the phone to Andrew, who we all know is calling the shots on this mayhem

Things fall further apart
& it’s now
disintegration apace

... and as a Bard once wrote:

“The rack dislims
And makes it indistinct
As water is in water”

The Waterboy deserves duty of care from his benefactor at least

Both he and the Club are being dismembered.

Stand him aside Andrew before total destruction of both Club & your friend ensues -

... whose cognitive decline is on display daily
sadly
in a very, very public way

Call the Board meeting
Announce the transfer to Shep

Just move Mary sideways for his own protection

And ease your mate out of a potentially fraught mental collapse

The medieval rack would be a blessing compared to this

qld redvee

Juniors
saw on fox Bellamys presser . the guy says he s embarressed and shows real emotion
flick over to supercoach NO mention of he is embarressed or sorry to fans etc didnt appear to be emotional re result instead patting himself on the back and using his big book of quotes to get through the interview . Wish a reporter asked him about ALL the good changes he has made and yet we are 0-3 and a shambles . And thank god he now has good staff around him , must make all those staff members he has thrown under the bus feel bad especially as they have all moved on to other teams .. Paul I hope one of your good mates can convince you the time has come and step down gracefully as you show no shred of emotion to supporters staff as to this failure but rather poke your tongue out to the entire universe and say Ive got a contract !!!! And then tops it off by virtually say we cant really make changes because the reserves arent fit enough as they cant play cc- SO we will basically keep the 17 but add say merrin luke to it and all those he doesnt rate will not get a look in - but dont forget the man has a contract
heaven help us

Latest posts