What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

Banjo2014

Juniors
saw on fox Bellamys presser . the guy says he s embarressed and shows real emotion
flick over to supercoach NO mention of he is embarressed or sorry to fans etc didnt appear to be emotional re result instead patting himself on the back and using his big book of quotes to get through the interview . Wish a reporter asked him about ALL the good changes he has made and yet we are 0-3 and a shambles . And thank god he now has good staff around him , must make all those staff members he has thrown under the bus feel bad especially as they have all moved on to other teams .. Paul I hope one of your good mates can convince you the time has come and step down gracefully as you show no shred of emotion to supporters staff as to this failure but rather poke your tongue out to the entire universe and say Ive got a contract !!!! And then tops it off by virtually say we cant really make changes because the reserves arent fit enough as they cant play cc- SO we will basically keep the 17 but add say merrin luke to it and all those he doesnt rate will not get a look in - but dont forget the man has a contract
heaven help us
Totally agree Red V

qld redvee

Juniors
on fox last night Hooper made an interesting remark re Hunt and Norman
Said that they have BOTH mentioned that they BOTH share the playmaking duties .
Hooper couldnt really believe that we dont have a DOMINANT play maker ,
Obviously supercoach strategy and no wonder we have no direction ....

so as someone has already posted the media are slowly mentioning supercoaches shortcomings

Coffs dragon

Bench
Would be great to hear Gareth Widdop’s real thoughts on Mary McUseless as a coach. Many fans bagged Steve Price as a failure of a coach, yet our former Captain walked out on our club to head to the UK to be coached by Pricey once again.

Says a lot to me, where Mary rightfully sits in the ranking of worst ever RedV coaches.

hazzbeen

Bench
Just making up the numbers , for the NRL teams , this comp gone can't win it so let's keep on getting beaten (no points scored again) really he is setting up records for all the wrong reasons as a coach ....... So for me can't stand the way he coaches , no wonder Friz wanted out because there is no premiership under this guy ...... A couple more games no win will just about do it he will go .... The problem is if we snag a win next week he will stay on and pressure off again so they need to keep on losing like I say a couple more in a row and the leaking ship has sunk ......

hewi

Bench
Leading into the game players were told no one’s position is safe, and McGregor said he would consider making changes for the next round clash with Canterbury. “I’d like to reflect a little bit and watch the game again and talk to my staff,” he said.

Great we are going to rearrange the deck chairs on the Titanic, I can’t stop laughing the bloke has no idea.

Dragon David

First Grade
Would be great to hear Gareth Widdop’s real thoughts on Mary McUseless as a coach. Many fans bagged Steve Price as a failure of a coach, yet our former Captain walked out on our club to head to the UK to be coached by Pricey once again.

Says a lot to me, where Mary rightfully sits in the ranking of worst ever RedV coaches.
Pricey must have done somethings right being the assistant to Bennett in 2010 and then to Flanagan at Cronulla in 2016 to help win grand finals. His tenure as head coach for us after Bennett left as we all know wasn't good and possibly he should have gone to Super League instead but Bennett recommended him to take over when Bennett left for Newcastle.

History shows that when a coach takes over from Bennett, their success rate is bad.
Henjak, Griffin, Price, Stone, Seibold and Demetriou will fail. The Super League is not anywhere near the standard of the NRL and Price is doing a good job in that league because of that. If he was to come back to Oz to coach a first grade team (depends which one of course - if ours....well I am sorry), his success rate could be akin to Justin Holbrook at the Titans. Holbrook did well for St Helens in the Super League but unfortunately not able to make much headway in the NRL.

Mary on the other hand should end his tenure at the Dragons and see if he can get a gig coaching a team in the Super League. I think he can be successful over there.

TomRedVRiver

Bench

so as someone has already posted the media are slowly mentioning supercoaches shortcomings

It's because Widdop and Hunt used to share playmaking duties on both sides of the ruck in the beginning, and it worked quite well for a few rounds and Mary obviously has hailed himself as a genius.

It's never worked well since, but Mary continues to persist with it because.... Well.. Mary.

Bloodbath

Juniors
Can’t believe it .3 games into the season and already we have no chance of making the 8 .yet this idiot still keeps his job.still can’t believe his quote from last year saying we still can win the comp.i think we was in 12th place at the time .this guy is so far out of touch with reality it’s embarrassing.

TomRedVRiver

Bench
Posted this in the game thread but i'll chuck it here too:

Backs
Rava - 219 m
Zac - 148m
Jordy - 187m
Williame - 147m
Duff - 168m

Forwards
Graham - 41m
Tariq - 75m
Korbin - 77m
Vaughan - 111m
Kerr - 69m
Lawrie - 77m

This is what the "power game" looks like. The backs doing all the work.

It's also crystal f**king clear that the forwards are being coached not to offload as well. Almost all of our forwards have an effective offload in their arsenal, but they're not using it because they're being told to just bash and barge, one out plays.
A fullback with Dufty's speed should be constantly sniffing for an offload in support, but he's not rushing and supporting the forwards, he's out on the edge.... Which he has been coached to do.

Watching Canberra/Melbourne last night, the forwards were offloading from the first set. Players like Papenhuyzen, Munster, JAC, CNK, Rapana etc etc were ALL supporting the forwards. Forwards were running up in twos. Pressure was built in the middle third with second-phase play and that made backline shifts so much more effective because the opposition had to stack the middle of the field with defenders to nullify the offloads and quick play-the-balls.

But us... Forward, back, back, forward, back, mid-field bomb. Repeat. It was night and day.
Oh and Aitken was playing prop...

thebigredv

First Grade
The fact that it is now past 10 am and the board have not already sacked him is an utter disgrace heaped on the failing, the absolute rabble of management our once proud club has endured.

The last two captains have got out. What more needs to be said about his ability and reputation.

By 2016 McGregor had already had plenty of chances and had failed, hence the beginning of this thread. Any astute rugby league supporter could have enough vision to see that he'd only heap upon us misery. Not even I could predict that it would include some of the most embarrassing statistics, moments and laughable excuses to literally just about kill this club in terms of its identity.

The fans don't matter.

St Georgio

Juniors

In 1992 we had average halves, but they were coached at time by a guy who had a great football brain, Hunt and Norman under a real coach would fire on all Cylinders.
I remember under Anthony Griffin, both Hunt and Norman were young guns!

Dragon David

First Grade
I'd like to give a shout out to The Silverdale Phantom for his quality input around these parts recently. It's not every day you see a Tigers supporter who is willing to spend time 'red pilling' the Rugby League community about what a basket case this club has become, largely thanks to Mary and his cronies.
Here here! Thanks The Silverdale Phantom and for your contribution to the JDB saga.

Dragon David

First Grade

Just like when we had Marshall and Widdop pairing in the halves.

Phantom V

Juniors

Backs
Rava - 219 m
Zac - 148m
Jordy - 187m
Williame - 147m
Duff - 168m

Forwards
Graham - 41m
Tariq - 75m
Korbin - 77m
Vaughan - 111m
Kerr - 69m
Lawrie - 77m

It's also crystal f**king clear that the forwards are being coached not to offload as well. Almost all of our forwards have an effective offload in their arsenal, but they're not using it because they're being told to just bash and barge, one out plays.
A fullback with Dufty's speed should be constantly sniffing for an offload in support, but he's not rushing and supporting the forwards, he's out on the edge.... Which he has been coached to do.

Watching Canberra/Melbourne last night, the forwards were offloading from the first set. Players like Papenhuyzen, Munster, JAC, CNK, Rapana etc etc were ALL supporting the forwards. Forwards were running up in twos. Pressure was built in the middle third with second-phase play and that made backline shifts so much more effective because the opposition had to stack the middle of the field with defenders to nullify the offloads and quick play-the-balls.

But us... Forward, back, back, forward, back, mid-field bomb. Repeat. It was night and day.

The fact that it is now past 10 am and the board have not already sacked him is an utter disgrace heaped on the failing, the absolute rabble of management our once proud club has endured.

The last two captains have got out. What more needs to be said about his ability and reputation.

By 2016 McGregor had already had plenty of chances and had failed, hence the beginning of this thread. Any astute rugby league supporter could have enough vision to see that he'd only heap upon us misery. Not even I could predict that it would include some of the most embarrassing statistics, moments and laughable excuses to literally just about kill this club in terms of its identity.

The fans don't matter.

Backs
Rava - 219 m
Zac - 148m
Jordy - 187m
Williame - 147m
Duff - 168m

Forwards
Graham - 41m
Tariq - 75m
Korbin - 77m
Vaughan - 111m
Kerr - 69m
Lawrie - 77m

Oh and Aitken was playing prop...[/QUOTE

Backs
Rava - 219 m
Zac - 148m
Jordy - 187m
Williame - 147m
Duff - 168m

Forwards
Graham - 41m
Tariq - 75m
Korbin - 77m
Vaughan - 111m
Kerr - 69m
Lawrie - 77m

Great post TomRedV. I waited until today to post in the hope that it was all a bad dream but unfortunately it’s an all too familiar scenario for us Dragons fans. After watching how other teams approached the new rules, I was hoping this might be the catalyst for McGregor to employ a more open/ eyes up style of play. What we got instead was the same old bash and barge hit up after hit up, then kick and hope for the best, a game plan which has been the staple for this coach from day one. His inability to adapt to these new changes has yet again highlighted his shortcomings as a coach. I never want to see my team lose but I sincerely think that a few more in a row would put too much pressure on the board and they would have no choice but to let McGregor go once and for all. What I witnessed yesterday was a team playing in fear of making mistakes and given the circumstances leading up to this game, it has to rate as one of the worst performances I have seen from our club EVER.